Welcoming Isabella de Brito

Hello Isabella nice to meet you.
Exited to see that Aragon Association has now a head of community !
Your jobs are creating and executing Aragon’s community strategy, leading long-term initiatives to support and engage our growing community of developers, advocates, and stakeholders.
Have you already an idea about a possible community strategy? How do you want to support and engage developers, advocates and stakeholders? I would love to brainstorm so if you need some inspiration i am happy to share my ideas.

How transparent can a DAO be? Do you think a DAO could run inside out so that all communication, decision making just anything which is going on in the DAO is transparent to its members. For example all the teams coordination and communication, all the business talks happens on an open chat so everyone can see what is going an all the time in real time.

2 Likes

Hi @Mouyou, thank you for your kind words!
It’s been now a month since I joined Aragon and it amazes me to get to know the many projects and DAOs that can be built with our technology.

The past weeks was all about drafting and sorting into priorities the community strategy for this quarter. The first thing I’ve started to tackle is how we assist our community from a technical perspective, which is the foundations of community support: providing extensive and up-to-date documentation so our members can “self-service” and support newcomers, creating escalation processes so whenever you need an extra help in troubleshooting our team is able to help, and so on. There’s a lot of “behind-the-scenes” work on my side now, but we’re also aiming to bring more initiatives to connect with the community, such as the Aragon Community Call that will take place next week (and I’m super excited about it) :star_struck:

How transparent a DAO can be? That’s a million-dollar question :smiley:

When the think of transparency, we oftentimes consider the information we can’t disclose - because of legal matters, or simply for certain “unwritten” societies’ norms (for example, from a corporate perspective, I can think of salary transparency and how this is handle differently by different countries).

I prefer to think of transparency from two perspectives: engagement and trust.

Not talking about any particular case here, it sounds a bit obvious but when sharing any information, we need to specify to whom we are addressing and what actions we expect. This is particularly interesting from an online communication perspective: by creating open channels, first of all, we need to take a step back and consider who is able to access these channels (open, in this sense, has a different meaning if compared to public!). Secondly, we’d need to highlight what’s important there, otherwise there will be a lot of “transactional” information that might not be relevant to someone that is not engaged in a high level, for example - which is another cool thing about community management: allow members to create connections between them and with the brand/project/product/service, but at their on pace. Some members wants to know about Aragon every day, some might just want to be present for important votings. They’re engaged with the project in different levels, however, both of them are equally members, equally important.

This all says a lot about trust, too - it has to be mutual. When we entrust someone with an information (and it doesn’t necessary needs to be a secret), it has to be very clear to what extent this information can be shared to someone outside of the circle.

Last but not least - I’d love to chat with you (and with many more community members) and discuss ideas we could bring to make the Aragon Community even better! I’ll message you in the forum in a minute :smiley: cheers!

3 Likes