Reward Courts for Aragon

Due to various reasons (note: disputed money fully refunded), I restate my funding proposal again. Particularly I reword it to emphasize its importance for the Aragon project.

I want to create a universal minting app (well, a bunch of apps) for Aragon. See GitHub., particularly specify-owned-contract branch for now.

This minting app will support creating new tokens by so-called “courts” (entities that mint money). As far as it concerns Aragon, courts are to be ruled by a specifically crafted voting app.

Being based on a specifical crafted Ethereum contract, this court system also supports “trust” and money transfer accordingly to the trust between courts, for the system to be more flexible. The next version of the contract also to support holding “usual” tokens on court’s accounts, for completeness of the functionality and standard conformance.

In short, I am developing an app for Aragon to send anyone any amounts of minted tokens to support some projects without spending our own money. It is governed in a democratic way allowing courts to interact with each other.

This project is to become an important part of Aragon governance, as well as a way to raise money for the Aragon project and subprojects.

I am requesting 1550 SAI tranfer from AGP-10.

Vote for the transfer.

I don’t see a real utility in this, and I encourage you not to insist on requesting money for the same project again and again until the project gets funded. It is not going to work.

In short, I am developing an app for Aragon to send anyone any amounts of minted tokens to support some projects without spending our own money.

What’s the underlying need or frustration being addressed by your proposal? Could you explain a practical before vs. after situation where an improvement in the user experience is reflected?

The frustration is that one who wants to help somebody other often does not have enough money. Even if he has enough, he harms himself when helping somebody other.

So there is the need to help with freely minted tokens.

These tokens however need to have “authority”. For this I create the network of interrelated courts, so that the “authority” could flow between them, good courts’ tokens raising and bad ones’ falling.

The practical situation is when an authoritative organization can vote whom to help with money.

Detailed description of the project.

Bringing this to the context of organizations; why assume that getting involved in supporting an organization requires anyone to have money? (I make my own assumption here that we’re not referring to base capital needed to pay for blockchain txs.)

Enabling organizations to become more participatory and co-creative with others is something that we care about at Autark too. With Open Enterprise, you could for example assign community bounties, funded with organization tokens (which may ultimately represent whatever you want: membership, stake, reputation…) and by doing so help other people earn some sort of capital, whether that may be organization tokens or other tokens, by contributing to your organization’s purpose. As you’ll realize, this is a nearly capital-free form of participation from the contributor’s perspective; and we have a handful of features in mind for the next few months of roadmap that we think will make this experience even easier and more intuitive!

Models like these feel more natural to me as far as thinking about ways that we can improve our organizations to allow for various forms of collaboration. In that sense, I hypothesize that your underlying frustration may already be addressable by existing software.

1 Like

I assume that without my model it necessarily requires money.

My method is innovative in the following (the rest is well known):

I allow transferring money from one “court” (money minter) to another one. This idea is novel.

It is a small addition but it changes everything, as it would allow transferring “authority” from one court to another. It means that if a court goes bad, society has the option to replace it with another court.

It, in turn, means that the value of courts’ minted money would much increase and reach a reasonable level to sustain a new kind of economy, not capitalism anymore. In this economy, there should be trillionaires who did real good for society. Linus Torvalds created Linux whose worth is tens of trillions dollars, he should become a trillionaire, much outperforming Bill Gates who is a bad programmer and good seller of bad programs.

It is very bad that such an enemy of society as Bill Gates has billions. We can’t fine him (I would wrote on his account minus twenty trillion dollars if I could), but we can redistribute the money to reward these who did real good.

Well, it is not about somebody’s personal money. It is about funding projects. Continuing this example, we need some trillions dollars to fund Linux project for it to outperform Windows. It would be a real good for society to redistribute money.

We may differ in our views around what a more equitable world should look like – but either way, I encourage you to explore how existing solutions such as Open Enterprise or Aragon Fundraising are trying to strengthen new funding and participation mechanisms.

Digital jurisdictions are exciting, I think most people will agree with you there :slightly_smiling_face:

I prefer not to view the world or anything within it as friend or enemy, good or evil, right or wrong. And along these lines, there’s no such thing as an ultimate solution. Because times pass by and problems evolve, ergo solutions must evolve too. That’s why I personally can’t relate to any ultimate solutions to big social injustices that are inherently very complex problems that cannot possibly be solved. That’s why we need to experiment on a smaller scale, iterate, and do so with more tangible objectives in mind that nevertheless will hopefully and hypothetically lead to more collaborative futures.

And regardless of whether your proposal gets the support you’ve asked for or not, you’re always welcomed to pass by our Keybase and keep an eye out for one of our future bounty programs!

1 Like