Request for Funding: The Umbrella Proposal ☂️

In the name of GravityDAO i want to express that we agree to the terms and conditions expressed in this post, and that we don’t have any blockings towards retroactive payments or uses of escrows.

Will also try to answer the questions regarding the 3 month mediation service. After the Graviton trainings, Aragon would be able to have a list of beginner trained mediators, that would be leading the case management according to the policies, processes and workflows built from the establishment of organizational policies. The next 3 months would be a transitional space of time where GravityDAO would assist the mediators in your community to familiarize with the workflows and support in any question they might have, or in the cases they feel they might need support from a more experienced mediator, hoping that after this time, the conflict management in your organization can become something completely autonomous and decentralized.

Here is a presentation where you can see some information of our mediation processes and our practical educational activitites and trainings.

3 Likes

Great, we have to figure out a time (together with the potential contributors) where we start the initiative. I think the next two weeks, many of us are probably at full capacity.

1 Like

On behalf of the ESD I’m going to accept the proposed compromise on the basis that this 100% helps us build consistency for how we fund internal and external suppliers. The ambiguity of the Charter aside, the process of payment on assessment of deliverables is the standard contributors are held to, and I believe it is good to apply this consistently for ESD funded projects. Events, such as the tailored training program, will be a standard exception in that events are routinely paid in advance.

@JuankBell @mheuer I look forward to participating in both the training and look forward to developing interpersonal communication skills tailored to working in a DAO.

4 Likes

Hey folks I’m supporting Gravity as a tresurer and i just want to confirm the address given by @mheuer in the proposal (“0xfFbD35255008F86322051F2313D4b343540e0e00”) is safe to send money from Mainnet and Gnosis chain (former xdai).

Looking forward to support in any way I can.

3 Likes

ESD Reporting for April

@daniel-ospina @lee0007 @fartunov

Deliverables

• Kickstart of the Umbrella team - Complete (see the Umbrella Initiative Notion Page )
    • meeting schedules have been defined
    • responsibilities and roles were discussed
    • a task board and timeline was created
    • the start was announced via a flyer
    • Shared inbox for the Umbrella team to manage requests was creater
  • Tailored GravityDAO trainings - In Progress
    • Planning & ideation phase has begun
  • Mediation Service by GravityDAO - In Progress
    • The mediation service is available and was announced in the community via a flyer
    • AMA with GravityDAO was held in the Friday Socials
  • Development of organizational policies together with GravityDAO - Not Started

Funding Request

The original funding request was

• $12000 worth of USDC
  • $4500 worth of ANT

In April, $3000 worth of USDC was used send to the GravityDAO multi-sig as an upfront payment.

See End of the month report (for Guilds).

Next Month

• Finish planning on the tailored GravityDAO trainings
    • define training dates
  • Improve self-organization (e.g. DeWork Kanban board, anonymity agreement)
  • Planning / conducting cultural group work / methodologies to improve culture in the Aragon Network according to our mission statement
  • Start the development of organizational policies together with GravityDAO
4 Likes

Just to clarify - Are there no contributor payments pending for April?

No. So far, contributors have worked on a voluntary basis. Special thanks to @AcidCavin and all the others that participated so far.

3 Likes

FYI, Changed the $3.000 payment into 0, as that one was already been paid in a previous cycle (to avoid confusion)

3 Likes

Umbrella ESD Report May

Deliverables

• Umbrella team month 2 ( see Umbrella Initiative )

• All weekly meeting agendas and minutes available in above link
    • responsibilities and roles:
      • Fmurphy assigned to roll of team coordinator
      • In discussions with MaxCasper and Incandenza to formally join the team, pending deliverables and remuneration agreements
    • Team task board and timeline in use
    • Shared inbox for the Umbrella team to manage requests open to team
  • Tailored GravityDAO trainings -

• Planning & ideation phase - In Progress
    • Tentative start date of 23rd June, 2 trainings bi-weekly
    • Once start date is confirmed, will begin promoting trainings, end of this week or by 5th June

• The mediation service is available and was announced in the community via a flyer
  • Cultural Working Group - In Progress

• Group are meeting weekly
    • Facilitated open-space provided by MaxCasper and Incancenza to AA Core Team on 27th May in response to AN DAO Funds Transfer proposal
  • Development of organisational policies together with GravityDAO - Not Started

• On hold until clarity emerges around AA and AN DAO merge

Funding Request Total ($880)

• Core Team Contributors ($880)
    • USDC 90%
    • ANT 10%
    • One contributor, @mattia, agreed to be paid 100% in ANT

Next Month:

• Work with Growth to promote AN DAO Gravity Training
    • Begin hosting trainings
    • Analyse uptake of GravityDAO Mediation Services
    • Continue Culture Working Group project
      • Liaise with related projects including MVV and dGov initiatives and check for overlaps
      • Finalize deliverables and renumeration with Max and Incandenza
      • Plan next facilitated open-space
2 Likes

Thank you! Can we see some insights from the mediation…i.e. number of resolved conflicts or is that going to be part of next month’s deliverables?

Hi @fartunov ,

There is only one Aragon conflict that has been referred to Gravity DAO for mediation and we have yet to hear back from them regarding updates or an outcome. We will be sure to include updates with our June report.

Thanks,

Fintan.

Approved $880 with the reservation I am aware several people are actively contributing to this team, why are we not paying them? Volunteering is noble but it is not setting a good example unless our culture wants to continue to undervalue our people.

@Fintan I’ve submitted two typeforms to Gravity DAO and am aware several others have too. Can we get a recheck on those numbers and an update prior to June please, this funding was due to be reassessment end of month one.

cc @Ricktik6

1 Like

Hi @lee0007 ,

I have been liaising with Michael and the other contributors to this guild re payment for their time and this should be confirmed, possibly today, it is on the agenda.

Regarding cases being mediated by GravityDAO, I had asked this last week and was told only one case, but I will follow up and will report on all with the June report.

Best regards,

Fintan.

1 Like

@daniel-ospina @fartunov @lee0007

Hi @lee0007,

Regarding your above message, I have adjusted the requested funds for May to include contributor hours for @MaxCaspar and @Incandenza ($480 each), as well as payment for the OpenSpace ($400) event put on for the Association.

Therefore total funds requested for May is ($2,240), as per the attached Financial Position

Best regards,

Fintan.

cc @Ricktik6

Approved 1/3

@lee0007 @daniel-ospina cc: @Ricktik6

P.S. Based on the first two months, does it make sense to switch to a per-case payment as you have suggested @mheuer

Approved 2/3

Hi @fartunov,

GravityDAO have come to us and asked to adjust their per case fee to account for additional costs for more complicated cases, which were not considered in their original proposal. The original agreement included a flat fee of $1,000 per month to cover any incoming cases, and may have underestimated resources needed for certain cases. At the end of the first month, seeing there was only one case being worked on, @mheuer and @JuankBell felt if best to move to a per case structure. However, that case is ongoing, involving many more people and GravityDAO resources. Thus, we have requested a detailed breakdown of what their new fee structure will be and specifics on extra charges for, and definitions of what constitutes a complicated cases.

We hope to clarify this in this months report.

4 Likes

Thank you - I very much appreciate the update!

I understand there might be a need to maintain privacy for those involved, however for the ESD and the community at large to be able to assess the relative utility of conflict resolution some insights would be very valuable:

• What the conflict was
  • What were the potential direct consequences (not the “butterfly effects”) of no intervention?
  • What was the cost of resolution - human hours spent

As a potentially very valuable output of the work of the Umbrella initiative, it would be extremely useful to have a framework around how much resources (time, human and financial capital) are worth investing in resolving a conflict.

2 Likes

End of Season Report

Apologies ESD Team for not using the required end of season report template in the original posting. We are amending and will post in the correct format at the earliest.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Fintan.

Season 1 Report

Initial Funding

• Deliverables Funding $16,500

• Bounty Funding of $0

Final Expenditure

Total: $11,620

• $5,720 Core Contributor payments

• $3,000 Gravity Conflict Management Workshop prepayment

Outstanding, pending Gravity deliverables and ESD Approval:

• $1,500 Conflict Case Mediation (Case #24)
  • $3,000 Consultation services (pending receipt of GravityDAO report and approval by ESD)

Original Deliverables

• Original $1,000 monthly fee to cover unlimited cases was changed to $800 per case. The mediation service is available and Gravity have reported on one case referred to them from AragonDAO. The case Venn Diagram link is at the bottom of this report. This case is currently classified as “in observation’’ and will be closed within the coming weeks, exact date has not been clarified. Due to it being more complex and requiring more resources than expected, GravityDAO have requested the following:
      • This case be charged at a rate of $1,500 instead of the $800 per case that was originally quoted
  • Tailored GravityDAO trainings -
    • Planning & ideation phase - Completed
    • Organisational management of workshops - Completed
    • Execution and workshop management - On going
      • Bi-weekly meetings with GravityDAO presenters to ensure workshops are interactive. Scheduled to run until 19th August
    • Pre and Post Feedback survey submitted to the participants to ensure continuous improvement - Ongoing
  • Kickstart of Umbrella Team - Completed

Additional Deliverables

• GravityDAO consultation services deliverables, including a report on work and support provided to date, along with recommendations and certain GravityDAO conflict resolution tools repurposed for AragonDAO is being prepared. We have seen a draft which should be completed within the coming week. GravityDAO has requested $3,000 for these services, payable upon delivery of this report and ESD approval. This figure includes preparational work in expectation of that was agreed as original deliverable, before that was updated on June 1st in a consultation meeting between Michael Heuer, Jeremy and Juan
  • Workshop Campfires scheduled for every other Friday, starting 1st Jul, to discuss previous weeks workshop learnings during Conflict Workshops

Deliverables Not Executed

• Development of organisational policies with GravityDAO - Cancelled
    • Previous recommendation to begin this, in accordance with original scope of work of GravityDAO, once tailored trainings are completed
    • It was recommended by GravityDAO not to start these until the culture work was well underway. Since then it has been decided to freeze this deliverable for the time being, while MVV and culture work is ongoing

Funding Request Total ($2,480 + Gravity Payment TBD)

• Core Team Contributors ($3,480)
    • Fmurphy ($1,080 for 8hrs per week)
    • Incandenza ($2,400 for 20hrs per week)
  • USDC 90%
  • ANT 10%

Conflict Management Venn Diagram:

1 Like