With the upcoming launch of the Aragon Network, now is a good time to take a fresh look at the way the forum is currently organized and think about how the forum is currently being used and will be once the Aragon Network is live.
At a minimum I think we’re going to need new forum sections dedicated to the Aragon Network (mainly for governance) and Aragon Court (since after the launch of the Agreement app there will be more court cases to discuss). We might also anticipate visitors from more parts of the world, so a dedicated category for non-English language threads could signal that we are welcoming to speakers of other languages. And for the existing categories, I can see many that are not in active use or could be better served elsewhere (such as the Aragon Wiki) and so we may want to create an Archive category to move any threads that don’t fit into the new categories.
Here is my proposal! If there are no strong objections by the end of the week I will go ahead with the reorganizing.
The structure is:
Category - Category description
- Subcategory - Subcategory description
Aragon Network - A decentralized organization fighting for freedom
- Proposals - Discussions about Aragon Network governance proposals
Aragon Court - A dispute resolution system for online communities, governed by the Aragon Network
- Disputes - Discussions about Aragon Court disputes
- Proposals - Discussions about Aragon Court governance proposals
- Technical - Discussions about building on Aragon Court
Community - What’s happening in the Aragon community
- Events - Discussions about Aragon-related events (meetups, webinars, conferences, etc)
- News - Discussions about Aragon-related news (articles, announcements, etc)
- Questions - Ask the community anything about Aragon
Organizations - Discussions about organizations #PoweredByAragon and how people can get involved. Organizations can get their own sub-category if they want to use the Aragon forum to organize their community.
Product - Discussions about Aragon product usage and development
- Builders - Discuss ideas, ask questions, and collaborate with the Aragon design + development community
- Guides - Documentation and tutorials demonstrating how to use Aragon products
- Requests - Share your ideas about new features you’d like to see in Aragon products
- Support - Report and get help with any issues you are having with Aragon products
- Use cases - Discussions about real or potential use-cases of Aragon products
Research - Discussions about research topics relevant to the Aragon community
- Economics - Discussions about token engineering, game theory, and political economy.
- Governance - Discussions about governance models, voting mechanisms, and related topics.
Global - Discussions in languages other than English
- Español - Spanish language Aragon community
- 中文 - Chinese language Aragon community
Meta - Discussions about the forum itself (feedback, questions, bug reports, etc)
Archive - Categories no longer in use
- App Mining
- DAOs in the Wild
- Getting Started
- Aragon Apps
- Aragon DAO Templates