Personal DAO Tamplate

I like the idea of DAO network, has been thinking of it for some time. Among other things, we can build some truly novel governance mechanisms on top of it (one DAO one vote, votes weighted by AUM, etc).

1 Like

What is AUM?
How do you envision the network?

Why do I need a personalDAO (pDAOs)?
pDAOs are useful only with useful apps. Tools for Individuals (pDAOs) to manage all their web3 activities, their financial stuff (defi), their problems (disputes), voting, investing in projects, membership rights etc. (manage all online value/ownership stuff)

Why not just building a pDAO tamplet and aragon apps because the Aragon network is already there? Aragon is like Apple a secure DAO OS you can trust.

I would love to see those pDAO Aragon Apps bringing projects closer together so cooperation with each other gets much easier. So there are pDAO apps and normal DAO apps.

What is the difference between a pDAO app and a DAO app?
I think individuals need sometimes different interfaces then communities to manage their online values.

AUM is ā€œAssets Under Managementā€, one of the metrics calculated by Apiary:

AUM (or Assets Under Management) tracks the total DAI value of ANT, ETH, DAI, SAI and USDC held by Apps associated with an Organization.

I see DAO network as a social network, like you suggested earlier, and I think that Apiary is a good starting point. All required building blocks are there, we just need to combine them in the right way and add a nice user interface. Some features that might be useful:

• Visualization of mutual connections between DAOs (when DAOs hold each otherā€™s token).
  • Tools for forming DAO alliances.
  • Gamification: more stats (like participation index), but also badges, labels (NFT-based).
  • Intergration of 3box profiles.
  • Some kind of messaging (or intergration with existing channels).
1 Like

That sounds nice.

so you suggest to personalize the stats from apiary so you can login in apiary and see your profile with all dao related information?

they say apiary is the coinmarketcap of DAOs. something like this

yes me too. my idea is to create apps for pDAOs. so you login into aragon with metamask or trezor or whatever and then you can create a pDAO with a tamplet. Some apps will be auto installed with the tamplet like the Profile app which shows stats, links and your activities from other installed apps or the Voting app where you can see all the votes from different DAOs going on based on the tokens you hold or the roles app where you see all the roles you have based on the tokens you own etc. and then you can install more apps like a investment app where you can stake tokens, invest or get credits all backed by aragon agreements and the court so people feel more secure to use defi. or you can install the network app where you can see all pDAOs profile and see which apps they installed and infos about how much money they own haha. I think the biggest difference between pDAOs and DAOs are the pDAOs are private from start and DAOs are public from start, because who wants to be as transparent as a public company? i donā€™t :slight_smile: so perhaps pDAOs stand for private DAOs. then there are ppDAOs private personal DAOs or just another name for private personal DAOs like myDAOs

Yes. It would be cool to see DAOs in which Iā€™m participating, and other related info like current votes.

Unfortunately itā€™s not possible right now to create a genuinely private DAO as Aragon DAOs live on Ethereum blockchain and all their activity is public. Though itā€™s possible to not associate your personal DAO with your real-life identity.

it would be nice if a dao holds many contracts with different key and randomly sometimes the dao does an action with this public address sometimes with another. only the person who knows all public keys can see the picture like a puzzle. so everyone can see all peaces but you donā€™t know which peace fits together.

What is meDAO tamplet? .

meDAO or myDAO i think is a personal DAO for yourself to manage all your web3 activity. you are protected by the aragon court if the web3 services you are using are Aragon verified. You can manage your funds (balancerapp, uniswapapp, melonapp etc) you can protect your funds through recoveryDAOs, you can issue personal tokens like timeToken, you can vote on DAOs, you can join DAOs, you can work for DAOs, you can build up your reputation etc.

1 Like

I would love to see those pDAO Aragon Apps bringing projects closer together so cooperation with each other gets much easier. So there are pDAO apps and normal DAO apps..

are pDAOs private DAOs?
Why do pDAO Aragon Apps bring projects closer together?
Why do you have pDAO apps and normal Apps?