Operations Guild Proposal

Thank you for the updated proposal. Clarification of deliverables goes a long way to helping us “assess deliverables” as per our Charter mandate Sub DAO Agreements S 2 (a) I 2 (c). This proposal will be a priority for final decision at the next ESD General Meeting 2 May.

2 Likes

Hey, @anukriti10 appreciate the effort in revising the proposal!

Here are a few questions comments:

I understand that the Ops guild will work on cross-guild cohesion and set up best practices on how guilds can enable that. To avoid any doubt, the responsibility of transparency and accountability for each guild should sit with the guild itself! Another set-up will be entrenching teams instead of enabling fluidity.

I do not understand what this means in practical terms.

I, unfortunately, have to disagree with @lee0007. The “metrics, process, and routine” thing makes it more confusing than helpful, to be honest.

The deliverables as outlined (for some reason) under Process under Operations and Collaboration make sense, and I am willing to support the funding request.

“Monthly implementation and advancing documentation of DAO tooling process to aid operations and accountability” not sure what this should mean

Hey @fartunov, thanks a lot for your comments and your support with respect to the funding request. I would like to respond to your points for clarity.

I understand that the Ops guild will work on cross-guild cohesion and set up best practices on how guilds can enable that. To avoid any doubt, the responsibility of transparency and accountability for each guild should sit with the guild itself! Another set-up will be entrenching teams instead of enabling fluidity.

1. Agreed, the responsibility of transparency and accountability for each guild should sit with the guild itself. However, we will be focusing on building the infrastructure that enables it so that all guilds have a basic structure that is similar to each other for cross guild coordination. For example, we would like to build a table which reflects the funding of each bounty and the outcome within each guild. The guild members will be filling that table. The ops team will only provide everyone with the template so that transparency is maintained across guilds in a uniform manner.

I do not understand what this means in practical terms.

1. I believe we were just describing our view on governance when we drafted the proposal. In practical terms, an analysis is required with respect to the current governance process to make it more transparent and a governance secretary can help enable that.

“Monthly implementation and advancing documentation of DAO tooling process to aid operations and accountability” not sure what this should mean

1. Lastly, we just volunteered to provide a monthly update on the forum/notion about operations and DAO tooling. This will make us more accountable with respect to our work. `

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!

As part of this proposal, in addition to improved Notion, can we please get a commitment on:

• Improved discord structure (we have improved substantially), but currently, the Discord tailors mostly to someone looking to join the DAO as a contributor, while we have a (hopefully) increasing flow of other stakeholders
  • Better forum structure

still vague to be honest. Is this about more clarity in Notion about how the DAO operates and who makes what decisions, or what is it?

Of course. We have already started working on that, to improve the discord structure, and @lion917 has sent out a survey requesting contributors on what they’ll like to see in the discord. While this is the second phase of discord upkeep (first was in Season 0), Ops Guild will be responsible for continually improving Discord, if need be.

This certainly we can take on a task for Season 1 and work with the Governance contributor.

We have included Governance Bounty in our proposal as we don’t have a dedicated Governance contributor within the DAO. The description and the further clarification was to set a tone for as to why we are requesting funding for Governance Bounty.

1 Like

I have a question about “build a table” - given we are using DeWork - does DeWork integrate with Notion so we can filter this bounty information from a single master database? You’re not building a new table right or duplicating bounty info?

I would expect tooling documentation to be in Notion (at this stage) is there a reason it needs to be on the forum? I understood this to mean that while using these tools you are also building the documentation so that other people can learn from your learning?

Finally, I return to my only real sticking point on this proposal. I still have an issue as to how a 10-15 hour bounty pre-season suddenly became 40-45 hours and it looks to me like a lot of the extra time proposed is for time dedicated to talking about doing, as opposed to delivering. I’m a communications major, so I understand the importance of ongoing communication however I believe I could achieve similar results in significantly more efficient ways.

Given a stated objective of this guild is to

@lion917 how do you justify 8 hours a week “contributor calls” as efficient?
@anukriti10 how do you justify 8 hours a week “tooling feedback DeWork” as efficient?

I believe you could each gather the same type and quality of information each month in 8 hours (one day) per month. I suggest rather than so much time talking you look to drive efficiency through group communications or asynch information capture. Some proven ideas include

• Group: Miro or Jam board 30-minute sessions during the tooling call to gather qualitative feedback
  • Asynch: Survey to gather quantitative and qualitative feedback
  • Asynch: Form for contributors to submit suggestion

In total it appears you propose 72 hours per month 288 hours in season one to talk about tooling time that could be better used imo implementing tooling and expanding the remit of your roles and team.

At this point, I agree to fund 52k for DAOOps but not for the amounts currently allocated. I will agree to both core members at the equivalent of 30-35 hours 4k per month. I trust that in limiting your budget @lion917 you will work together with @anukriti10 to find more efficient means to gather and apply insight and hold each other accountable for this.

This would increase the 8k for funding bounties to 12k S1, to cover additional time and tasks, not yet defined in this proposal and I hope that will help this team resource the Ops Guild to become the leading example of operational efficiency.

@daniel-ospina @fartunov

2 Likes

Yea…as in if favor of the proposal

2 Likes

ESD General Meeting 2 May UTC 1900: majority support for maximum 52k funding as per the requirements that

• Up to 32k equal funding for two core members at 30-35 hours 4k per month.
  • Up to 20k S1 Bounties to cover additional time and tasks, not yet defined in this proposal
  • Release of monthly funding dependent on reporting against proposed deliverables (includes April)

cc @fartunov @daniel-ospina

1 Like

@daniel-ospina @lee0007 @fartunov

EOM May Report:

• Accountability: Ensure 100% of Bounties have metrics at outset and that performance is tracked (In progress)
    • Three Ops bounties were opened out of which one bounty’s KPIs have been defined. Rest 2 are In progress as there is a dependency on guild stewards and meetings are in progress.
  • Responsibility:100% Bounty adoption by identifying key responsible contributors (Complete)
    • All 17 bounties posted in the month of May have been filled and bounty holders are working on completing the defined KPIs.
    • Create project management tasks of Ops guild in DeWork (Complete)
  • OPERATIONS: Create a guide on how to use DeWork for project management (not started) and bounty management (Complete) by June end
  • OPERATIONS: Establish payment infrastructure with DeWork for bounties by 15 June (In progress with @Ricktik6)
  • COLLABORATION: AN DAO Wiki Notion and Ops Guild Notion Page revamped by31 July (In progress)
  • COLLABORATION: Weekly/Bi- Monthly/Monthly meeting (depending on the group) cadence scheduled in the shared calendar to aid alignment and collaboration (Complete)
    • Complete Monthly AN DAO All Hands in collab with Community Experience Team
  • EFFICIENCY: End of Season Documented Operations Guild Feedback (Not Started)
  • EFFICIENCY: Season 0 Bounty Holder Feedback (Complete)
  • EFFICIENCY: Monthly implementation and advancing documentation of DAO tooling process to aid operations and accountability (In Progress)
    • DAO Tooler Bounty was filled and the meetings with stakeholders has started @Shanzz @ifun

Funding Request:

• USCD 90% Total: $8,145.00 (Including contributor and bounty rewards)
  • ANT 10% Total: $1305.00 (Including contributor, bounty rewards, and Coordinape)
  • Amount Contributor rewards: $8000.00 (Lion and Anukriti $4000 each)
  • Amount Flexible Rewards: $400.00 ($50X8 for Coordinape)
  • Amount Bounty Rewards: 1050.00 (3 Bounty holders getting paid $150 and 3 bounty holders getting paid $200)

EOM Report

2 Likes

1/3 funding approved cc @daniel-ospina &@fartunov

1 Like

Approved 2/3.
On the AN DAO Wiki - it seems that it’s a continuous effort. While a periodic revamp might be necessary, seems that there is room for a bounty on maintenance and upkeep (following up with guild members across guilds to maintain their respective spaces up to date)

1 Like

EOM June Report:

• ACCOUNTABILITY: Ensure 100% of Bounties have metrics at outset and that performance is tracked (Complete for June, In progress for S1)
    -8 bounties were created with KPI defined at the outset

• RESPONSIBILITY:100% Bounty adoption by identifying key responsible contributors (Complete)
    -4 bounties were assigned after interviews with applicants and 4 bounties are still opened while applicants are being filtered based on their Proof of Work (PoW)

• OPERATIONS: Create a guide on how to use DeWork for project management (Complete).

• Note: This will be a living document as DeWork does product enhancements regularly.
  • OPERATIONS: Establish payment infrastructure with DeWork for bounties by 15 June (Complete) @Ricktik6

• OPERATIONS: Establish Sobol Bot in Discord and create a MVP for Org Chart (Complete by @elaheh)

• OPERATIONS: Data and Analytics Squad was added to Ops Guild and onboarded @Fabs, @julija, @sumbo0858, and @sammie (Complete)

• ACCOUNTABILITY: KPIs for Data and Analytics Squad were defined and cross guild collaboration kickstarted (Complete)

• EFFICIENCY: Analysis across guilds for DeWork, Notion, Growth (including socials), Finance, Community (In Progress)

• ACCOUNTABILITY: Monthly AN DAO Compilation Report of all Tasks and Money Spent within the AN DAO (Complete for June)

• OPERATIONS: Video Guide on how to Navigate Notion and other Relevant Best Practices within AN DAO (In Progress) by July end.

• COLLABORATION: AN DAO Wiki Notion Revamp (In Progress)

• COLLABORATION: [Centralized Database] @lion917 (Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.) for meetings Across Guilds/Groups (In Progress) @lion917 @ifun

• COLLABORATION: Implementation of Centralized Storage Solution for AN DAO (In Progress) @lion917 @SpectraCryptoVerse @MathiasAragon

• COLLABORATION: Weekly/Bi- Monthly/Monthly meeting (depending on the group) cadence scheduled in the shared calendar to aid alignment and collaboration (Complete for June)

• Complete Monthly AN DAO All Hands in collab with Community Experience Team
  • EFFICIENCY: Monthly implementation and advancing documentation of DAO tooling process to aid operations and accountability (In Progress) @ifun @Shanzz

• EFFICIENCY: Onboarded a scribe for Ops Guild (Sacred) helping the guild with taking notes and documentation (Complete) @Sacred

• EFFICIENCY: End of Season Documented Operations Guild Feedback (Not Started)

Funding Request:

• USCD 90% Total: $10,888.00 (Including contributor, bounty rewards, and coordinape)
  • ANT 10% Total: $1210.00 (Including contributor, bounty rewards, and Coordinape)
  • Amount Contributor rewards: $10,258.00 (Lion and Anukriti $4000 each, $1000 for iFun and Shanzz, $2000 for Fabs, Julia, and Sammie)
  • Amount Flexible Rewards: $500.00 ($50X10 for Coordinape)
  • Amount Bounty Rewards: $200.00 (2 new bounty holders for Scribe and Data Analysis)
5 Likes

1/3 Approved cc @Ricktik6

2 Likes

When can we get the first draft on this?
Just as heads up, if the assumption is that the output will be perfect and immediately accepted at end of S1 it might result in some delays in the release of funding.

Otherwise approved 2/3 @Ricktik6

1 Like

Hi @fartunov, I will share the draft by the end of the week. I got slowed down a little because I am also trying to figure out the way to integrate the AA/AL notion with the AN DAO notion wiki as we are moving into the integration phase. This is not something we had imagined when we wrote the proposal. I am reserving two weeks for comments/suggestions and another for implementation of the recommended structure.

4 Likes

3/3 for the record :slight_smile:

1 Like

Season 1 Report

Approved Funding

• $52,000 of total funds to be spent for S1

Final Expenditure

• $30,780 Core Contributor funds spent. People identified as Core Contributor for S1:
    • Lion, Anukriti, iFun, Shanzz, Elaheh, Fabs, Sammie, Julijia
  • $400 Flexible funds spent with 2 bounties/creator gigs. People identified as Creators for S1:
    • Sumbo, Sacred
  • Expense Funding: NA
  • Coordinape Rewards: $1450
  • Total: $32,630 spent of $52,000

Original Deliverables

• OPERATIONS: Create a guide on how to use DeWork for project management (task tracking, similar to JIRA) and bounty management by June end - COMPLETED - June end
  • OPERATIONS: Establish payment infrastructure with DeWork for bounties by 15 June - COMPLETED - June end
  • COLLABORATION: AN DAO Wiki Notion and Ops Guild Notion Page revamped - COMPLETED - July end
  • COLLABORATION: AN DAO Discord Maintenance - COMPLETED - July end
  • COLLABORATION: Weekly (Tactical Meeting)/Bi- Monthly/Monthly meeting (AN DAO All Hands) cadence scheduled in the shared calendar to aid alignment and collaboration - COMPLETED - Every EOM
  • EFFICIENCY: End of Season Documented Operations Guild Feedback - COMPLETED - July End
  • EFFICIENCY: Monthly implementation and advancing documentation of DAO tooling process to aid operations and accountability - COMPLETED - June and July End

Additional Deliverables

• EFFICIENCY: DeWork and Notion Analytics tasks were undertaken during S1 with the help of now Data and Insights Squad - COMPLETED - July End
  • EFFICIENCY: Centralised Meeting Database for the whole DAO - COMPLETED - July End
  • OPERATIONS: AN DAO Map for contributors and creators created using Sobol tool - COMPLETED - June End

Deliverables Not Executed

• Better Forum Structure - Though not a part of initial S1 Ops Proposal, Ops Guild tried to undertake the task for S1. The task wasn’t prioritized by the guild - Estimated Completion for End of S2

Bounties

• Bounty 1 - Sumbo - Data and Insights Creator - COMPLETED - EOM June and July
  • Bounty 2 - Sacred- Ops Secretary - COMPLETED - EOM June and July
2 Likes

Approved 1/3 cc @Ricktik6

2 Likes

2/3 cc @Ricktik6

3 Likes

Thank you Anukriti. 3/3

It feels relevant to link this output of the guild’s efforts here as well:

3 Likes