Membership for the Nest DAO

Chuffed to be onboard. Also keen to get started on fleshing out ideas sooner rather than later - hopefully somewhere where we can have well structured conversations :slight_smile:

0x6b817156A65615F01949EaE47CC66f2a1f2F2e7D

1 Like

0xB24b54FE5a3ADcB4cb3B27d31B6C7f7E9F6A73a7

Thanks

1 Like

@Aaron eā€™ll use proofs for mainnet addresses. For now posting through forum account will be enough.

@burrrata weā€™ve already done some thinking around the process and org design (AA supported by A1). Part of it can be found here. Weā€™ll have time ro review that and the DAO settings once everything is deployed.

We can discuss that on the call next week and on the Nest WG chat once created. These spaces will be ideal to share on daily Nest operations and shape up AGP proposals if we want to push significant changes to the program.

1 Like

Here we go :cowboy_hat_face:
0x1db4da50631006a43da32068Dc82396F059BD2E4

1 Like

0x13D523b24E634cbe74818DAc8478C46d5DE8bc3f
:black_heart:

1 Like

Can use this address for me:

0x625236038836CecC532664915BD0399647E7826b

1 Like

Mine:
0xD4D121b2ba5dC9eC6e028F9cdDCA1a33c73604D4

Thanks.

1 Like

stellarmagnet.eth :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very interesting comments from some very interesting people - I look forward to a future expansion of The Nest where I will be clued-up enough to apply for membership!

Had some thoughts together with @ontologymachine on how to more closely align the cultural values of Aragon with grantees of the Nest DAO. Most of you will be familiar with the Aragon manifesto here. The idea would be to require individuals/teams that want to apply for a grant from Nest to sign a pledge to say that they agree to abide by the manifesto or an adapted version thereof which more directly targets Nest DAO grantees. Throwing out a few suggestions for this pledge below hoping to open up the discussion. A lot of these build upon principles from the Aragon Association pledge together with thoughts from the Copenhagen Catalog. Some are a bit vague and need fine tuning :slight_smile:

#1 Design for digital citizens, not digital consumers or users.
#2 Reinvent our democratic methods and processes around participation and openness.
#3 Donā€™t let software eat the world. Enable building of worlds that support new ways of collaborating, cooperating and thriving together.
#4. Build to exist, not exit. Design for anti-fragility and autonomy so that our software and systems can adapt for sustainable growth.
#5 Avoid at all costs design for addiction, deception or control.
#6 Create a culture of prioritising long-term vision, strategies and outcomes.
#7 Be open about your business model. Have a clear contract with your citizens about what they give and what they get.
#8 Fast is not always greater than slow. Design for pause, reflection and occasional boredom.
#9 Design for fair distribution, not just decentralisation, to give citizens the space and freedom to develop their personal identities.
#10 Actively look for ways to give people more agency, being the capacity to act independently and make their own free choices.
#11 Make citizens engaged shareholders and donā€™t treat them as commodities on which to extract maximum economic value.
#12 Participate in the democratic process of regulating technology and pressure politicians to adopt equitable decentralised governance models.
#13 Contribute with intention and care to the open-source and copyleft movements, fostering a free and open knowledge ecosystem

4 Likes

Kind reminder that there will be a Q&A and kickoff call about the Nest DAO tomorrow Thursday 19th, 5 CEST

Feel free to come up with questions about the process and ideas about what you would like to see documented!

2 Likes

Iā€™m having trouble joining hang out :confused:

It is not live yet! Call is in an hour :slight_smile:

its live now :slight_smile: https://meet.google.com/yhp-vzxk-utt

1 Like

Following up to this to thank everyone for welcoming me to the call today as a lurker! Excited to hear the direction yā€™all are going and hope that I can get more involved in the future. When will it be possible to explore joining the DAO as a new member?

1 Like

I really like your thinking on aligning Nest Grants with Aragon values. What do you think are the top 3 most important items from that list, and how could we reframe them to be more concrete and actionable?

In addition to vision/values, I think it would be great to create some best practices around the expectations for Nest Grants. This could include, but not be limited to:

• ux / usability requirements
  • documentation requirements
  • security requirements

The goal being to ensure that projects we fund deliver a usable, understandable, and secure product. This is non-trivial, so maybe we would need to create some support infrastructure around this to make it easier for grantees. Overall though I think it would greatly improve the quality of the ecosystem for all parties involved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a tough call to pick between them but I would personally go for these:

#2 Reinvent our democratic methods and processes around participation and openness.
#4. Build to exist, not exit. Design for anti-fragility and autonomy so that our software and systems can adapt for sustainable growth.
#9 Design for fair distribution, not just decentralisation, to give citizens the space and freedom to develop their personal identities.

In addition to vision/values, I think it would be great to create some best practices around the expectations for Nest Grants. This could include, but not be limited to:

• ux / usability requirements
  • documentation requirements
  • security requirements

Also really like these suggestions. Have a couple to add to that but will do so in the new Nest forum topic here.

1 Like

Hey!! sorry for the late answer!
Please be welcome to apply for membership.
I donā€™t know yet when we are going to process applications. We can probably discuss that on a Nest WG call.

In the meantime, please apply to receive a membership token in the Rinkeby DAO here :slight_smile:

I would think the first step would be to share a short explanation as to why you want to get involved and how you want to contribute. As @LouisGrx mentioned at the start of this thread:

1 Like

@LouisGrx

Why the Nest repository at GitHub is archived? Is Nest closed?

I came up with an idea of a new Aragon project and want to obtain financing. How?