Launching an ICO with Aragon Token. Thoughts?

Is it possible?

The idea is to ICO with a second token for the community totaling 50% of the voting power. Can I ICO with Aragon tokens? Does Aragon support two tokens? Can I make these tokens tradable on exchanges?

Use

Each token carries with it voting power in company decisions. Alongside that functionality, the ICO token also comes with perks in the app. Can I encode separate functionality outside of Aragon? (e.g. one ICO token corresponds to two admin tokens in app?

Is this a good idea?

I’m sure everyone has their own ICO opinions. I’m exploring my options to raise intial capital. The plan is to ICO close to or right after ETH2.0 launches. Is ICOing still viable or has public paranoia made it unviable and carry a negative connotation?

Can I ICO with Aragon tokens?

Yes. You may also be interested in checking out the Fundraising template: https://fundraising.aragon.black

Does Aragon support two tokens?

Yes, you can have two Tokens apps installed in an organization if that’s what you’re asking.

Can I make these tokens tradable on exchanges?

Yes, just make sure they’re transferable.

Can I encode separate functionality outside of Aragon? (e.g. one ICO token corresponds to two admin tokens in app?

Yes you can do anything you want with the tokens outside of Aragon!

1 Like