How Aragon DAOs can empower and enhance Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Corporate Shared Value (CSV)

Example from Nestle’s corporate social value (CSV) initiative:
"Nestlé needs high-quality raw materials to produce first-class dairy products. When they entered the market in India in the Moga district in 1962, local farmers were not able to consistently deliver this quality. Only 180 farmers passed the test. Nestlé worked with local farmers to improve their production techniques and long-term contracts to buy products at a fair price.

Today there are 75,000 farmers that reach Nestlé’s quality standards. In the Moga region, they have five times more doctors than other regions of India, better primary schools and basic needs like electricity are fulfilled."

See more at:

What could an Aragon DAO have done for Nestle’s project?

• Farmers could have been invited to join a Nestle-organized DAO.

• Reputation tokens could have enabled farmers to increase their reputation by passing tests on production techniques and quality control, meeting milestones on dairy production, and helping other farmers improve their standards and reach target objectives.

• Reputation tokens could have been redeemed for monetary rewards earmarked for this program by Nestle.

• One reputation token = 1 voting token. Farmers with voting tokens could have decided how to spend donated funds, such as for a joint dairy processing plant or dairy equipment, improving the supply chain, or donating surplus milk to needy families in the Moga district.

• DAO Consultants could have been retained by Nestle to provide DAO-related advice or manage DAO implementation. :grin:

• 1Hive incubator could have offered seed funding to farmer-entrepreneurs, with initial seed funds provided by Nestle.

• Aragon Association could have acted as fiscal sponsor and provided financial management and disbursement of program funds.

Does this all seem farfetched to ya’ll or within the realm of near-future possibilities? :smiley:

1 Like

I have been thinking about this sort of stuff for a long time - I think it is too late for this sort of approach - The World’s Sixth Mass Extinction is very likely unstoppable now . . but we still need to press on and DAOs are part of the survival strategy - no matter how unlikely that might be . .

Thanks for posting - very interesting!

1 Like

This part seems totally on point. In the case of minting reputation for passing tests, those who administer the tests would be the trust bottleneck. If everyone was happy with that, however, then it would work.

Not sure about the incubator investments as that would require an incubator that specializes in argo-impact type work - not just a DAO team/incubator. Also, still not sure about the fiscal sponsor part. Aragon exists to provide open source DAO infrastructure and services, not fiscal sponsorship/funding. This part would likely require another entity that exists to serve that need.

1 Like

It is probably unfortunate that you chose Nestle as the example - the corp has done some terrible things in the past . . or is that why you DID choose it? ie how the organisation might have avoided some of their bad choices . .

1 Like

This is exactly what I thought when I first read the post, LOL. I appreciate the idea, but Nestle is evil. I’m not into this for helping them clean their image. I’m here to make them irrelevant.

1 Like

I was thinking more about the farmers and the difference a DAO would have made in that scenario, than Nestle or any specific company.

1 Like