Hi @Sixto5 , thanks for your comments. Would love to meet and discuss how we can collaborate. I will dm you on discord to arrange a time.
Hi @lee007, thank you for your comments and support, we are all super excited to get cracking on our proposal plans, we have a very motivated team with a lot of potential.
With regards to targeting the @Aragonproject account as opposed to the @AragonDao, firstly, bounty holders did not have moderator access on either account, which has been a blocker across social media channels for s0, and s0 bounty holders had been asked to focus their efforts promoting the @AragonProject twitter account. We finally received our telegram tags this week which was great, and @AlexClay just informed me this evening that we will have access to the @AragonDao twitter and Reddit accounts, so great news. Given this, I will adjust the proposal accordingly so our focus is on @AragonDao.
In regards to the surveys and competitions:
- By potential developers we were referring to anyone who might be considering starting a DAO, or future potential builders who are just starting their learning journey. We intend on using surveys to learn more about what aspects of DAO’s interest our social media followers and what they want to learn about, as well as targeting those intermediate builders, to learn what they like and their pain points. Do you think these efforts would be better targeted solely at the intermediate builders for the coming season?
- The plan is to conduct 1 bi-weekly survey and 1 bi-weekly competition, rotating every other week, to connect with as many builders as possible.
- We plan on developing surveys targeting new/future builders on social channels to learn how we can encourage them to build on Aragon, and using Discord or reaching out to those intermediate builders who have already built DAOs to better understand their experiences, what worked for them and what could be improved.
- Sorry if the target read like engaging with only 12 developers, it referred to the targeted number of surveys and competitions we plan on running. We have not set any specific targets for engaging with DAO builders, but the team is highly motivated to engage with our social media followers, current and potential contributors and DAO builders. We will be learning and iterating as we go, and if there is more value to the DAO by focusing efforts on specific audiences, then that is what we will focus on.
Sharing Community opportunities within the new Aragon product - YouTube for the Aragon App GtM by @Harry. Pulling some timestamps that I see as especially relevant to this teams Social growth efforts
03:25 Aragon App - Easy Consolidated Modular
04:35 Brand Positioning
06:50 User Research: The “Intermediate Builder”
07:55 Value proposition
09:45 User Journey
11:20 GtM Objectives
11:56 “How to Make DAOs Easy”
13:50 Communications plan: Announcements
18:20 Immediate Needs (1) Services
21:49 Further ahead
Supporting the GtM for Aragon App is the leadingS1 strategic funding priority for ESD in terms of DAO alignment with AA so would highly recommend the team check this out for S1. It is only 23 minutes and packed with great guidance.
I think this is a pretty clear proposal that continues the good work this team has done. Some things I would make special note of as further context in support of the proposal:
- This squad self organised and was the first group in operations to start coordinating across the different bounties
- They are smart. As just one example their plan on rotating moderators creates a resilience in the squad… few DAOs/Guilds are doing this
- The team has delivered some great results. Our telegram was a noisy mess of people shilling and ANT price conversations. This team have curated it into an informative and open discussion on tech, governance and Aragon news
- The team has always tried to coordinate with core team members and make itself available to support others. Even within this proposal you can see the balance between their objectives and a desire to be ready to support core teams when key messaging is ready
I think with ESD’s guidance around metrics/deliverables this is the right team to take next steps on social media and connection with our audiences.
Hi Renee, thanks for sharing the youtube link. I attended the launch AMA but I don’t believe many others on the Growth team did, so I will share with them as there is a lot we can work with in promoting the Aragon App and educating our followers.
Thanks for all the support Ben, much appreciated. Excited to be work with you this season.
Hey, thanks for a great funding request!
The team has done great in S0 thorough the bounties and looking forward to the continued contributions.
Since @lee0007 has more domain expertise than myself and already dove in the detailed questions (already resulting in a more focused funding request) what’s left for me is to give my support for the funding request
This is a great proposal. I’d encourage you to apply to the Main DAO as relying on the ESD for ongoing funding of teams is not what the ESD was designed or is set up to do effectively. We have been too lenient in this respect in the past and the consequences of centralisation and overwork in some ESD members are showing. So please don’t take this personally. All the contrary, I think this is a worthwhile initative.
Happy to provide guidance on the necessary steps to get this submitted for the community’s approval.
ESD General Meeting 2 May 2022 UTC 1900: Confirming majority support for ESD S1 funding.
These limitations were decided by the ESD in the previous season and included in the documentation that was open to significant discussion prior to posting in the forum and voting. It would seem unfair to change the standard only after people have committed time and energy to develop ESD proposals given that we have the budget to support these community efforts. This proposal falls within the current limitations, and we look forward to supporting Main DAO proposals in the future.
Hi ESD team, @lee0007 @daniel-ospina @fartunov , thank you so much for your support in approving this proposal. A special thank you to @lee0007 for your help and advice getting the proposal ready to be submitted. We look forward to the task ahead and are excited to share our achievements with the community. @daniel-ospina , thanks for your message and recommendations regarding applying to the Main DAO, I hope to work with you towards the end of S1 to get our next proposal ready to submit to the Main DAO.
Season 1 Reporting - April 2022
- Moderated AN DAO Telegram and Reddit channels and promoted the Aragon Association Twitter channels
- Increased media channel followers by:
- Twitter 101.9k (1st April) to 103.1k (30th April)
- Reddit 3,590 (1st April) to 3,702 (30th April)
- Telegram 2,549 (1st April) to 2,643 (30th April)
- Promoted AN DAO AMA events including Gravity DAO and Algorand, as well as new joiner calls
- Held weekly meeting with moderators/contributors to align and coordinate topics of the week for promotion and discuss moderator best practices. All meeting agendas and minutes available here - Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.
- Coordinated with Ops guild and onboarding to coordinate s1 objectives
Please note this is only a partial request for approved funds, to compensate moderators who continued to their moderator duties while awaiting completion and approval of the Growth Proposal
- Amount for core contributors ($3,000)
- USDC 70%
- ANT 30%
1/3 Approved cc @Ricktik6
Season 1 Reporting - May 2022
- Moderated AN DAO Telegram, Reddit and Twitter channels and promoted the Aragon Association Twitter channel
- Increased media channel followers by:
- Twitter 443 (1st May) to 497 (31st May) (Team access received by mid May)
- Reddit 3,677 (1st May) to 3,706 (31st May)
- Telegram 2,643 (1st May) to 2,846 (31st May)
- All metrics figures - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dp4aOlq4gJusg5bwhgaHfOGC2oeZsNfhLEZ-SKrOTN0/edit#gid=0
- Published 3 weekly newsletters
- First draft of Growth Team Communications Document completed - https://www.notion.so/Growth-Team-Communication-Guidelines-0baf6aad357e4c84b55877abcd37509e
- Conducted 2 surveys. Insufficient respondents to gain any value from these, team is in the process of adjusting our approach to improve results of future surveys
- Promoted AN DAO AMA events, new joiner calls, Self-care with Fabs and Gravity training
- Completed 3 content bounties, 2 articles have been received and are to be posted on the Aragon Blog, shared on social media channels and discord learning library
- Held weekly meeting with moderators/contributors to align and coordinate topics of the week for promotion and discuss moderator best practices. All meeting agendas and minutes available here - https://www.notion.so/aragonorg/Media-Mods-Agenda-and-Meeting-Minute-26858066ec0f4aef9940644acd8a074b
- Coordinated with AN DAO Ops guild, onboarding, finance and dtech
- Contacts made with AA Comms team, all have attended Growth Team meetings and we expect to increase cooperation as they complete their strategic planning
- Contributor change, Marta#5096 will be leaving the team from today, and will be replaced with a new contributor, ST9#8598, who joins the team with 10 years marketing agency experience.
Funding Request Total ($14,250)
- Amount for core contributors ($11,500)
- Coordinape Circle ($1,950)
- Bounties ($800)
- USDC 90%
- ANT 10%
Coordinape Circle Breakdown - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wPbgYGoCbojfmQH1-FNdSr4ysCgfQ_Gf9VNWwWWP-BE/edit?usp=sharing
Great work growth team! Excited to see this team evolve the strategic alignment with AA and have new team members join. I understand the reporting on quantitative deliverables and routine.
Can you report please the status of the following Impact deliverables as I can not identify these in the report
- Efficient Team: Establish a monthly posting calendar by the 1st of each month to guide routine activity
- Team Development: Monthly rotation of social moderators
Can you link surveys (2) and to a few (3) different examples of how these are shared/promoted.
Well constructed surveys can deliver significant insight. I wonder if engagement may improve by reducing the frequency of new surveys and extending the timeline to promote and capture responses (one per month)
And while I recognise the proposal for surveys was intented to “better connect with potential developers” is this the right approach for DAO devs? How do we know if we are reaching the target audience?
Given clear need for growth and performance insight across multiple guilds can i ask growth to coordinate with the data insights crew cc @Fabs to in the develoment of surveys/questions that support their data collection needs
Thank you for your feedback and encouragement. Regarding the two deliverables you asked about:
Please see the link to our Notion calendar page, which the team has been using for set daily posts - Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases. . This is still a work in progress as we don’t have visibility on all events at the start of each month, but the team is getting into the habit of using it daily.
Please see attached our task board for May. We have our monthly planning meeting next week and will assign everyone at least one new task/channel to learn - Growth Team Task Board - Google Sheets
Here are the links to the 2 surveys completed to date (the first one you had already commented)
Both were sent out as part of the newsletter, as well as being posted separately on Twitter, Reddit and Telegram. One issue may have been that these have often been posted along with a number of other posts (reducing visibility), and not frequently enough. Posting them for longer time periods as you suggested could help, as will data insights so we can measure what is working and what’s not, which has been lacking to date.
I agree with a clear need for performance insights and @fabs and I have already been discussing how to start getting access to data. Our first step will be getting the newsletter posted on the Aragon website, we can send the links out on media channels and on discord as we have been doing, but will give us viewing data. I am also meeting with Jessica from AA Comms tomorrow to plan closer alignment between Growth and Comms as they prepare to join the DAO. She has been working on Communications Strategy, which should give some additional guidance in reaching our target audience.
Thank you for the report!
I did a bit of a purge in TG (attaching why it’s needed). It would be great if someone from the guild with moderator rights can remove the “deleted accounts” monthly
Can you please elaborate what was the purpose and audience for the questionnaires (the expected response is a link to the guild notion where this information lives)
Can you please also link the weeklies
Hi @fartunov ,
Thank you for your message. We have just started to build out processes and procedures for each growth channel and deliverable, and I have added your suggestion to remove deleted accounts monthly.
The 2 audiences we had intended to communicate with for questionnaires were DAO builders and our community and social media followers in general. Unfortunately, while the first few surveys that were made had one of these 2 target groups in mind, no process was followed, thus the results were sub-par and we only published 2, including the language survey, and the number of respondents was not statistically relevant. We have since developed a process to follow and we expect to have some better refined surveys out this month. Here is the link to the notion page we have for surveys - Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.
What are you referring to by a link to the weeklies, do you mean our weekly meetings? If so, all agendas and minutes are kept here - Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.