ESD Funding Request: Growth Team Proposal
We request the Executive Sub DAO to fund $55,000 for Season 1 (April 1st - July 31st) for the development and operations of the Growth Team. We believe this Growth proposal will help AN DAO:
- Increase the number of followers across all social media channels
- Raise awareness of Aragon products, DAO events, and the AN DAO community
- Engage and inform our community through repeatable, scalable communications
- Drive new community, contributors and intermediate builders to Discord
- Develop marketing and communications talent and share our learning knowledge to support the growth of the Aragon network
- Coordinate with AN DAO and the Aragon Association to ensure strategic alignment
with organisational objectives
During Season 0 the Growth Team formed around Social Media Bounty Holders and has taken concrete steps towards improving user engagement, promoting interest in the Aragon project, driving attendance for events within discord, and growing follower numbers across channels. Building on the momentum of season 0, we seek to structure and develop the Growth Team by applying Agile concepts and frameworks to
- clarify ownership, roles, and responsibilities and
- establish clear objectives, metrics, and accountability for tasks
All defined goals/deliverables have been discussed and agreed upon by the team. To enable transparency, inspection, and adaptation for our planned activity. We will work in sprints - including progress, review, and retrospective meetings.
The Growth Team will operate under the Operations Guild, aspiring to become a separate guild from season 2, depending on season 1 performance.
AN DAO’s ability to raise awareness and engage community members and contributors requires a functioning and agile Growth Team to manage communication and engage audiences on platforms including Twitter, Reddit, Telegram, Medium, and Quora.
To develop the current contributors into an effective and efficient social media team we plan to develop the current skills of contributors to allow for cross-channel moderation and deepen the team’s knowledge of Aragon products and community, to share this knowledge with our social media followers.
With each moderator working on a new channel each month, the entire team will have exposure to all channels by end of the season, ensuring knowledge sharing and strengthening the team skill base for long-term success
Developing the skills of team members across social media channels should set the foundations for a more knowledgeable and flexible contributor base, capable of adapting to change quickly and increasing overall value to the AN DAO.
Finally, in coordination with AN DAO and the Aragon Association, we plan to develop and execute cross-channel coordinated social media campaigns that1) increase our followers 2) drive community engagement, and 3) attract intermediate builders to the DAO and Aragon products.
|Raise Awareness||Increase # of Reddit Channel Users by 6%||31-Jul||3,697||3,919|
|Increase Followers||Grow the number of @AragonDAO Twitter followers by 2562||31-Jul||438||3,000|
|Engage Community||Bi-weekly surveys and competitions to better connect with potential developers||31-Jul||0||12|
This is a very high-level look at the metrics applied to the growth function further detail on growth metrics here - Growth Team S1 Reporting Metrics
- Efficient Team: Establish a monthly posting calendar by the 1st of each month to guide routine activity
- Effective Team: Create social media communication, training, and resources manual by the end of season
- Knowledge Sharing: Bi-weekly DAO or Aragon specific article posted on all channels and new Aragon Medium and Quora channels
- Team Development: Monthly rotation of social moderators
- Attract Intermediate Builders: Campaign Coordination for AA <> AN DAO marketing campaigns
- Monthly Reporting
- Monthly Community Call
- Weekly Teams Meetings
- We will work with the Aragon Association to coordinate the promotion of events and products with a focus in season 1 on supporting the Aragon App GtM strategy to assist where possible with AA Marketing campaigns and identify other tasks that can be delegated to team
- We are aligned with the ESD funding priority to 1) develop talent and competencies to support product growth and success 2) to develop a performance culture with our metrics-driven approach to growth performance 3) and see our work as supporting audience education to drive product awareness, understanding and engagement
- We will communicate weekly with DAO teams - ops/tech/community/learning teams - to ensure ongoing alignment and share plans/timelines, coordinate, adapt, and seek feedback on how to improve Growth outcomes
What can go badly
- Core contributors or bounty holders fail to meet time commitments, thus reducing the potential to achieve stated goals
- Failure to resolve operational issues, such as getting admin tags for moderators, may reduce the team’s effectiveness
- Growth targets prove overly optimistic
- Moderators posting topics or poorly conceived responses that are received negatively by the community, negatively affect trust/confidence in AN DAO or Aragon in general.
- Fmurphy#8381 - Fintan is a finance and operations executive with 17 years of experience managing cross-functional teams. He co-founded and operated the first Autism Behaviour Clinic in Kuwait. He holds an MBA from Manchester Business school and is a certified Scrum Master. He completed a Telegram social media moderator bounty in season and will drive the efficiency, effectiveness, and development of the team S1 .https://www.linkedin.com/in/fintan-murphy-bb5a1020b/
- N8#1653 - Nate is a current social media manager for a local restaurant in Utah as well as a consultant to many other brands and their digital marketing tactics. He completed a Season 0 Reddit and Twitter bounty and will continue with the team into s1 moderating across Aragon social media channels, running competitions and surveys, and providing data collection and reporting support.
- Phero#0347 - Phero is a publicist with over 4 years of experience in the NGO space and a strong Twitter following. He completed a telegram moderator bounty during s0, and will continue into s1 moderating across channels, raising awareness and increasing followers, and running surveys to engage with potential DAO builders
- Sheldonis#3995 - Sheldon is a sales and marketing professional, currently working for IXO in their Comms team managing all social media channels and CRM duties. He completed a Reddit bounty in s0 and will continue with the team moderating across channels to increase follow numbers and will be aiding with the bi-weekly newsletter
- El#0931 - Ellis has planned and executed content marketing strategies across Twitter, Discord, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram & EDMs. She will join the social mods rotation s1 to help raise awareness, increase followers and build shared knowledge. She will also be working on the communication and training document and helping with the newsletter
- Kirstin#3235 - Kirstin works as a copywriter and social media manager for various brands and organisations. She has a degree in Brand Communications. She completed a Twitter moderator bounty during s0 and will continue with the team into s1 moderating across channels, providing support in the creation of the newsletter and Communications document, as well as supporting the content bounties task
- LucasLimaLisbon#1379 - Lucas created and delivered the inaugural AN DAO weekly newsletter during season 0 and will join the team in s1. He will continue delivering community engagement content via weekly proposals and events reports, and a bi-weekly newsletter and will support community outreach via content bounties and surveys
- Marta#5096 - Marta is a Web3 content and NFT creator and freelance journalist for UFOstart. She has a BSc in Business and Management. She joins the Growth team in s1 to help with content bounties and create the communications and training manual
- aakansha#9163 - Aakansha has experience working as a Technical Copywriter, Sales Engineer and Social Media team organizer, and has contributed to a few DAOs to help grow their community. She joins the team in s1 to help with content and as a moderator.
Note that the above contributor roles have been agreed upon by the team, though these may change, depending on the needs of the team, as the season progresses.
The growth team seeks funding for the following:
- Core Contributor(s): First POC within the squad, a bounty holder who has demonstrated high performance.
- Growth Bounties: A pre-defined allocation towards currently undefined bounties that will allow ops to be nimble and attract talent or fund action that supports effective operations of the AN DAO.
- Coordinape Pool: A rewards pool to be allocated via Coordinape in recognition of individual efforts that help the team and its members achieve stated goals