Governance Proposal : Future of the AN DAO Charter

@Vallery unfortunately I’m not the only person that asked questions that remained unanswered before it was decided (when and by who?) to pivot this proposal and vote to terminate the charter

This forum is rife with judgement and so I routinely edit responses as I gather references to substantiate my communication and temper my perspective. I do my best to be constructive and clarify where objective feedback switches to subjective, personal opinion.

I welcome your perspective @Vallery and tbh, rather than seeing your responses as a criticism I consider it an opportunity to build shared understanding, share differences of perspectives and communicate

1. Respond to your post, specifically no apology is required
  2. Clarify my position and questions on transparency (or lack thereof)
  3. Invite more information, if you have points to build on
  4. Provide additional information as to why I see this as a tactic ( a device for accomplishing an end )

Originally this proposal was about

1. amending the current charter or
  2. dissolving or
  3. forking the AN DAO

And I questioned the method that could logically pivot the original proposal to one to terminate the Charter.

So I’ll ask again, can anyone provide information as to when and who decided (here in forum? behind closed doors?) that the direction of the proposal and ensuing vote would be changed to Terminate the Charter? @AClay?

Just to clarify I shared again that people were blindsided in the past by significant pivots on proposals because when changes were made to the Transfer of Funds proposal it was communicated to me that “…The disappearance of the $20M allocation from the first proposal to the final one was probably the worst communicated decision in history…”

This is the knowledge I have to build upon and why I suggest we can do a much better job of

• Transparency
  • Open communication
  • Responding to & addressing people’s questions/feedback
  • Providing substantiated & constructive feedback whether in favour of, against a proposal or anywhere in between
  • Acknowledging that all constructive opinions are welcome and provide the opportunity to build shared understanding
  • Recognising that disagreements will occur and avoid making destructive comments (typically ad hominem) or taking constructive feedback personally
1 Like