Funding Proposal: Test the Viability of DAO Consultants
As I mentioned in the thread below started by @burrrata , the availability of DAO Consultants could very well be the missing link between contemplating a DAO to successfully implementing an Aragon DAO.
See thread: DAO Business Models and Consultants
Due to the substantial interest that has been generated since the creation of that thread, I am proposing a grant to be awarded for testing the viability of DAO Consultants.
Scope of Proposed Grant
Initially, getting high quality, in-depth feedback from crypto project founders about their DAO needs are absolutely crucial. There are several benefits to the interactive process of approaching founders and engaging them:
- Interest creation or interest renewal in Aragon DAOs.
- Distilling their thought process about what are the most important DAO features to them.
- Helping them find information about Aragon’s DAO features.
- Matching founders with DAO consultants who can help them implement their Aragon DAO.
To test the viability of DAO Consultants, the following data points are useful:
- Are the project founders contemplating the formation of a DAO in the near future?
- What are the most important DAO features sought by the project founders on behalf of their respective communities?
- What does the project founder think about Aragon and its DAO offerings?
- If the founder has previously sought information about Aragon, what was that experience like? Why did the founder not take further steps leading to the successful formation of an Aragon DAO?
- What missing information and support would have actually led the founder to create an Aragon DAO?
- If the most important features sought by the founder are already available in Aragon DAOs, would the founder be interested in implementing them within the next 30 to 60 days?
- If the answer is yes, would the founder like to receive full support from an independent Aragon expert consultant and pay $X to the selected consultant for assistance with implementing an Aragon DAO + 30 days of post-formation support?
This fact finding and “no pressure” onboarding process would be broken down into 3 stages:
I. Data collection ($1000, part-time, four to five weeks)
A Google form or Typeform would be designed for the purpose of gathering the previously outlined seven data points. The form would be shared (the Aragon community could help with this for maximum outreach) with crypto project founders asking them whether they would like to enable a list of specific DAO features for their community. They would be asked to rank the importance of each feature on a scale of 1 to 10. Finally, they would be asked whether they would like to implement such features within the next 30 to 60 days if they received full support, and whether they would be willing to pay $X for this implementation + 30 days of support.
II. Assessment of suitability of the Aragon DAO for an individual project’s needs ($400, part-time, three to four days)
We would gather the form responses and related feedback from as many founders as possible, and determine what are the most commonly requested DAO features for their projects. Then we would assess which projects are well suited for Aragon DAO implementation, gathering expert advice from the Aragon community as needed.
III. Identifying founders with high conversion potential and pairing them with a DAO consultant ($600, part-time, two weeks)
After the initial assessment process, we would then identify the founders with high conversion potential (i.e., ready to implement a DAO within the next 30 to 60 days) and then match them with a qualified DAO consultant recruited from the Aragon community. We would create a forum post actively soliciting for qualified DAO consultants and also screen previously prepared lists of qualified consultants if such lists are available. The privacy and confidentiality of interested projects and their founders would be preserved. If necessary, a new list of consultants would be generated for use on an ongoing basis if the DAO Consultants proposal is deemed viable. Based on our experience gained from this process, we would offer suggestions about the best methods for matching projects with consultants moving forward, and what the work flow and onboarding process should consist of.
This entire viability testing process should provide valuable insight as to the current demand for Aragon DAOs, the pain points experienced by project founders that require resolution as a prerequisite to wider adoption of Aragon DAOs, the market based need for qualified and fairly compensated DAO consultants, and the feasibility and desirability of forming a new DAO for DAO Consultants.
Grant Amount Requested: $2000, payable all at once for the three stages (outlined above).
Grant proceeds will be delivered to @Amazongirl. In addition, Aragon community members who substantially contribute their skills and time toward this grant project would be compensated.
As this proposal has been live on the forum for several weeks we are moving forward with a CFDAO request. Please vote if you’d like to support our efforts to reach out to users to help them understand and realize the value of Aragon!
The voting is live. You can vote here: https://mainnet.aragon.org/#/cfdao/0xd654287285c6fd006ed44c20b0cbe462b7039b28/vote/6/