Funding proposal: Reward Courts

This world currently has (almost) no just courts. People and organizations have wrong amounts of money. There are sometimes people that die of hunger or underfinanced projects and on the other side moneybags that do nothing good or even much evil. Not everytime somebody underfinanced dies of hunger, but even despite for example Linus Torvalds already has like $150M, it would be more just if he had more than his bad counterpart Bill Gates. We need a mean to pay underfinanced people or projects enough amounts of money, without requiring somebody to withdraw this money from their accounts harming themselves to help somebody other.

And this can be done with crypto: Just mint money to underfinanced persons.

In the context of this project, I call somebody who mints money, “a court”. A court could be a person or what is usually better an organization ruled by voting, etc. Because no single court can be just (unless he is God), we need multiple courts every one having its own set of tokens. The idea is that tokens of “good” courts become valuable and bad courts’ tokens diminish. If a court loses reputation, another court could take its place. This is the most democratic (and this most effective) way of spreading money we can conceive now.

This idea has many different (good) use cases:

• People who did good deeds for free (example: it would be more just if Linus Torvalds would receive not less compensation than Bill Gates).
  • Victims of violence or cheating. This is especially true for victims of discrimination because there is often no single body to blame who would pay the compensation.
  • Everybody should be given some token on the mere foundation that he is a human and should have human rights. Note that this is not quite traditional UBI with all its deficiencies, but more like special money to give people rights they miss.
  • Money to accomplish some important project. (Consider, for example, helping Linux to take over Windows and millions of other projects in need of money. Traditional foundation grants can’t because they have together very much too little money.)

For example:

• Reward of open source products and ideas
  • Give crypto for everybody in the world
  • Money to poor countries
  • Anti-war funds
  • Helping to resist global warming (donate to solar power plants, for example)
  • Etc. Etc.

So we produce money out of nothing and give it to those who should have it.

I have already developed a ERC-1155 smart contract to do it! See here for the technical details of the idea. It is basically a directed multigraph of courts that may trust other courts entirely or on a limited amount of money. Every court has its own set of tokens, but tokens of different courts have a common property and can be “transferred” (“converted”) between courts.

What remains to do:

• Debugging/Testing/Security audit.
  • We need an Ethereum smart contract (that would call the above-mentioned contract I developed) for voting. It can be done using Aragon.
  • We need dApp around that voting contract to allow to use it easily.
  • Advertise the project.
  • “Hire” the judges.
  • Put our tokens to the exchanges.

That’s all. After this, we have another world.

I need money to pay for the above!

I could even accomplish much of this myself, but I do not know how to create the initial infrastructure of the project: directory structure, testing, CI. I don’t, for example, know whether to use or not OpenZeppelin, whether to use GitLab or BitBucket, how to do testing, etc.

So I need help in at very least the first item of the following list:

1. creating a basic directory/build infrastructure for a testable Aragon-based project, containing also an (already written) non-Aragon smart contract, deciding which Git server to keep it on and deciding on CI; 2. debugging/testing/security audit of the non-Aragon smart contract; 3. developing a voting Aragon app around a non-Aragon ERC1155-based smart contract with not so complex API. 4. Advertising.

Please: 1. advise me on how much money I need for this; 2. donate; (3. volunteer, just submit pull requests).

Any help? Any advice?

Don’t forget to read our wiki.

Alternative description of this project written by another person to be more understandable (edited by me):

Reward courts project will reduce world monetary injustice by giving money to someone who has less money. Using Ethereum blockchain allows anybody to create a “court” that could reward anybody other with an arbitrary amount of crypto. Users of crypto can choose currencies of which of courts they they want to use so good decisions would become influential.

Some of the laws the courts may follow include:

• giving money accordingly to supposed importance of their future use

• give money accordingly how much a certain person or organization already accomplished

• give money accordingly on the degree of injustice to a certain person or organization in the past
    either give money accordingly to the absolute harm:

• give money in such a way to spread them equally between different recipients

Also, we should create alternative courts or alternative tokens that would give money either to the leader personally or to his organization if he or she leads an organization.

Some work that has already been done include

• creation of The main Ethereum smart contract (ERC-1155) but It needs debugging/testing/security audit.

We need an Ethereum smart contract (that would call the above mentioned contract) for voting. It can be done using Aragon.

We need dApp around that voting contract to allow to use it easily.

We need to advertise the project.

Finally we need to welcome/hire judges.