Hey everyone! First, if you haven’t yet, check out Frame v0.2! Frame has expanded its platform beyond first-class hardware support and now also supports hot accounts using a mnemonic phrase, keystore.json or private keys. But that’s not all, there’s one more account type in v0.2 to discover: Aragon smart accounts!
If you haven’t heard about Aragon smart accounts yet, they use your Aragon DAOs “agent” functionality to allow you to act on behalf of your DAO anywhere your individual Frame accounts can. This means using your DAO with Uniswap, Compound, OpenSea or any other dapp/protocol!
In addition to expanding our accounts platform, Frame v0.2 has added the ability for users to create their own connections to Ethereum and IPFS with the flip of a switch by running light clients and gateways within Frame. This means truly unstoppable access for any dapp using this infrastructure, including Aragon! We will be building more exciting integrations with these local connections over the next few months.
Aragon and Frame have a great history together and we’d love to continue working within the Aragon ecosystem. Frame has always aimed to become a member of Flock and meaningfully contribute to bringing Aragon’s vision to life. That being said, we’re not like other projects that get included in Flock. We work on a different layer of the stack and contribute to Aragon with integrations and functionality at the signer level, not within AragonOS.
We think there’s just as much of an opportunity to support Aragon at this level. We love the layer that we work on and believe it’s important for us to ramp up efforts here. We’re still a very small team with only one full-time member. We think Frame could have a very valuable impact on Aragon’s success given the resources to hire a full time team.
Our initiatives for the next 6 months include:
- Continue iterating and improving the Aragon smart account integration to make it more powerful and easier to use. This includes keeping up with new features like
safeExecuteand improving the user experience.
- Continue building on the local client connections to Ethereum and IPFS now available within Frame to make them more useful. This effort will replace the need for Aragon desktop with the ability to use Frame’s local connection to both resolve the Aragon client and pilot it in a truly decentralized and unstoppable way. This work will make it possible to do this for other dapps as well.
- As part of this deeper Aragon integration we also want to focus on on-boarding. We want Frame will be the simplest way for someone to go from non-crypto user to participating in an Aragon DAO. After adding the ability to resolve the Aragon client we will also make it possible to launch that client from Frame to easily create or join a DAO and use your DAO as a smart account.
- Decentralized notifications for DAOs and other dapps
- Frame on mobile with ability to sync accounts/settings across platforms
- Improved transaction/activity monitoring that will remove the need to link out to Etherscan for day-to day-use
- Radspec integration will give users a better understanding of every transaction, we also plan to help create a more robust infrastructure for Radspec metadata
- ENS support throughout Frame
- ERC-20 and ERC-721 token support throughout Frame
- Full gas controls
- xDai and custom network support
- Continue improving hardware signer support including support for BLE signers like Ledger Nano X
We’d love to hear feedback from the community about Frame joining the Aragon Flock. If there is support from the community we will submit this outline as a formal proposal.