Members of the Executive SubDAO currently @fartunov @daniel-ospina @lee0007 fulfil an important role for the Aragon network DAO, however, the current compensation falls far below the market rate for said position. Accordingly, this proposal suggests increasing said compensation to 200 ANT and 2,500 USDC/Dai per month.
No compensation adjustments have been made since the launch of the DAO. However, other initiatives have been suggested in parallel to this proposal:*
- Scout Programme (the funded proposal is designed to work synergistically)
- Decentralised Governance Coordinape Circle (dGov is designed to work synergistically)
- Temporary change for S1 Sub DAO Compensation: was not funded as we feel Main DAO proposals should be used to approve or deny ESD compensation.
- Strategic Development & Governance: Additional payments have been available in S2 via approved funding for strategic development (20k S1) see current request to consolidate governance and strategic funding for the governance advisory circle
To reduce the impact of volatility on ESD members and offer a fair rate, this proposal puts forward:
Increase ESD member’s monthly compensation to 200 ANT and 2,500 USDC/Dai/equivalent per month
The Executive SubDAO is a key part of the Aragon DAO. Current members have been out of pocket in trying to fulfil the basic operational requirements of the DAO:
- Develop strategic funding proposals and supporting documentation each season
- Coordinate with other subDAOs and AA to align on strategic direction
- Coach members of the community in proposal creation
- Review all proposals submitted to the ESD
- Review monthly reporting and assess deliverables to approve the release of funding
- Report on ESD Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare and attend fortnightly ESD meetings
- Monthly ESD office hours
Taken together, the above represents over 15 hours of work per month each in low season, over 25 hours per month around seasonal funding cycles but was in excess of 60 hours for some members of the ESD during the S1 funding process.
As a part-time, executive position with key responsibilities for the functioning of the Aragon Network DAO, a base rate of $150/hour is a low ballpark for the said position (note that this rate should not be compared 1-1 with a full-time position, as market rates diverge greatly in this cases). This is the basis for a (conservative) estimation of 200 ANT and 2,500 USDC/Dai/equivalent per month to cover basic functioning.
Limitations of any benefits mentioned above:
This proposal covers the basic ESD Operational Role Requirements. It is still recommended to advance the Decentralised Governance Coordinape Circle to incentivise and support broader work in governance that falls outside the ESD’s remit and attract goverance advisory participants.
Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable): ongoing for the team of the executive Sub-DAO
@fartunov Ivan | AN#6678
200 ANT per calendar month
2500 USDC/DAI/Equivalent per calendar month
Retroactively applied to include May 2022
Funds are to be transferred directly to members’ wallets as has been happening so far. No need for escrow as this constitutes standard governance sanctioned and recurring process and multiple checks and balances exist:
- the ability of ANT Holders to remove ESD members through a vote
- right of the Compliance Committee to veto transfers
- public accountability of ESD members
Our Commitment to the AN DAO
We remain committed to
- upholding the Aragon Network DAO Charter
- improving accountability, transparency and strategic alignment
- delivering on stated KPI’s
- publishing conflict of interests statement here
These do not form part of the current proposal but keen for feedback also on the following questions
What do you understand to be the work required of the Executive Sub Dao?
Given the transfer of funds vote and a move to delegative voting do you see the need for the ESD to continue to exist beyond delegative voting, if so in what capacity?