Hi ESD Members.
Posting a proposal for the Executive Sub-DAO to fund $20k per Month to be spent on Bounties in Dwork posted by AA/AL Leads and other DAO leads to seed increased integration between teams.
Currently there is a lack of integration between the DAO and the core team. There is also a feeling of a lack of band width for a lot of tasks in the Core team, leads would like to Bounty out work but do not have the mechanism to do so and they can’t rewrite a proposal every time for small bounties.
The request is for $20k in bounties per month for the leads to be able to bounty out certain tasks. This will all be facilitated through the DAO Ops team at first where they will post the bounty for the respective lead in Dwork. This is to allow the system to be set up correctly at first. In the second phase (season 2) it is anticipated that leads will just post bounties directly themselves.
All bounties posted will follow the SMART deliverables framework with clear guidelines for leads. Part of the reason for including DAO Ops is to make sure they are posted with Smart deliverables initially.
- Core tasks are integrated with the DAO (4 core leads post at least 1 bounty)
- Goal to fund 15 Bounties (5 per month) to be deemed a success with a top level at 30 Bounties (10 per month)
Bounties can be posted up to a maximum of $3000 in phase one and leads will have the autonomy to choose the bounties, they will have to set clear deliverables and track them for a bounty to be paid out.
This will allow us to fund a minimum of 10 bounties per month over the next three months.
There will be one report per month highlighting the work that has been completed. In Dwork it will be black and white on pay outs, either the bounty has been completed and paid or it has not been completed and will not be compensated.
- More Work is completed with more opportunity for contributors
- Core team must engage and track bounties therefore integrating with the DAO increasing transparency
- If work is posted by a lead it can be assumed to be a priority in growing the network given the time investment for the lead to track and formulate the bounty
- Better information flows between the respective teams
Limitations and Risks
- Core team do not post bounties due to work needed to formulate a clear bounty
- Bounties are not completed to an adequate level
- Risk that the right contributors are not found for the bounties or the price level is set incorrectly
- More bounties are needed than funds available.
All Aragon leads - this will be a bounty by bounty initiative and it will be up to the individuals to choose if a bounty is necessary, set the KPIs and decide if they have been completed to an adequate standard
Alex Clay will compile the report each month
We request $60,000 with the 70/30 USDC/ANT Split paid through Dwork for the remainder of season 1.