The Executive Sub DAO (ESD) requests funding according to section 5 (5) (e) Aragon Network Charter of 7200 ANT / 60k USD equivalent for AN DAO discretionary, strategic governance development from April 1 2022 until 31 July 2022.
This proposal sets out fixed funding so that the ESD can more effectively execute the powers as granted by section 6 (2) (a) of the Aragon Network Charter:
- Pay members of other Sub-DAOs
- Make grants to other community members at their discretion, providing;
- such transactions are disclosed transparently on the Aragon Forum website.
- an Escrow is used to hold funds until the completion of the agreed-upon deliverable.
- the deliverable has been fully assessed by the members of the ESD
- the funds are used grow and maintain the Aragon Network
- Pay suppliers of the Aragon network, providing such transactions are disclosed transparently on the Aragon Forum.
This financial proposal is in addition to
- ESD S1 Budget Request for Discretionary Funding of New Initiatives
- ESD S1 Budget Request for Continuous Funding of Existing Initiatives
- Unallocated funds Q1 of ~ 60k USDC equivalent
These proposals should be read in conjunction with the ESD End of Season Report March 2022 which highlights that the ESD needs to increase transparency, ensure our own accountability and improve community engagement.
We faced a number of challenges to meet the Charter mandate, as highlighted in the End of Season Report. It is worth highlighting here again that the ESD was only able to meet the above mandate thanks to integral help from @AClay @mheuer. Many contributors have gone above and beyond their remit to help AN DAO deliver Season 0 and this request for fixed finding is to help compensate strategic contributions.
Charter Adaptation: with @AClay enabling support, we are looking to
fund a step change process to the Aragon Network Charter, to better serve the needs of our growing community. We seek to expand the ESD membership from three to five members, as well as a number of other changes as advised by the Compliance Committee. All changes will be undertaken via community vote on Main DAO proposals.
to supplement the Charter we need to build out operational standards and will look to fund the development of forum posts to provide clear and transparent guidance for DAO processes i.e multisig rules, Request for Proposal (RFP)
We request 10k for season 1 to reward 500 USDC to authors of supported Main DAO proposal with no $ value attached
Strategic Development: There is further work required next to the particularly defined SubDAO responsibilities which we propose to reward over and above the 200 ANT per month.
We request 30k for season 1 to fund this work based on quotes for service, coordinape, or fixed allocations.
Identifying New Initiatives: To encourage inbound requests for funding ESD will provide compensation to author/s of funded proposals as of 15 March 2022. To this purpose, we propose the Aragon Scout Program and request 20k for season 1 to fund this program which is proportionate to 5% of the total 360k discretionary funding plus other 40k strategic funding requested by the ESD season 1.
We believe funding this proposal supports strategic and governance development needed for the ESD to function effectively, to allocate strategic and fixed, discretionary and continuous funding. This funding will enable us to better engage with the community, Aragon Association and Aragon Labs and provide clear information about the funding process. Approval of this funding enables our ability to uphold our Charter mandate and operate more effectively, which we believe will ultimately help to
- grow the number of active DAO on the Aragon network and
- support the overall purpose of the Aragon DAO defined in the Aragon Network Charter.
Strategic funding is allocated using the standards set out in the Aragon Network Charter, and supplemented by the following ESD statements
How will you interface with the community?
- ESD Public Governance Discord for KPI reporting and responding to community inquiry
ESD Notion ESD meeting agenda and minutes
- End of season forum posts for transparency, visibility and reporting on Exec SubDAO activity and summary KPI’s
- Funding request forum proposal requiring a minimum of 7 days
- Monthly reporting for projects with discretionary funding tied to deliverables
- Bi Weekly Community AMA to provide opportunities for contributors to seek advice on developing new funding proposals
The ESD has been given substantial power by the Charter which creates the need for strong alignment with and high transparency of spending. We want to balance the speed and impact of capital deployment being robust enough to minimize funding overlaps but nimble enough to scale funding.
In terms of spending, there are fundamentally four types of funding all shown in the budget below; continuous, discretionary, fixed and strategic. This proposal is a request for the fixed and strategic funding portions of the S1 Budget.
7200 ANT fixed payment owed to SubDAO members as per the charter.
60,000 USDC strategic governance funding season 1 for the following proposed mechanisms to support strategic governance
10k for Charter Adaptations
30k for Governance Development by SubDAO members
20k for Aragon Scout Program
Portion of strategic and fixed funds requested in this proposal shown in bold
|Discretionary USDC Equivalent
|Continuous USDC Equivalent
|TOTAL USDC Equivalent
Applied assumptions for strategic and fixed funding proposal
- Rational: Streaming of 800k funds to the Main DAO is a primary determinant of the total ESD S1 funding requests.
- Carry Over: Funding beyond 800k accounts for ~60k unallocated funds from Q1 2022 (USDC ANT ETH)
- Strategic: 60k USDC does not include the standard 70:30 split based on current accounting proposal
- Fixed: 7200 ANT @ 200 ANT per month, per member of each SubDAO
ESD Gnosis Safe: 3/4 0x394Feb37899BB9aF6963B823a2d84668929d59f7
Charter Aragon Governance proposal section 5 (f) 3 a By default, all Financial Proposals involving a deliverable should use an Escrow (see Additional Definitions). In cases where the use of an Escrow is omitted, a justification must be included in the Description. b. Greet.me shall be the default Escrow provider for Financial Proposals.
Justification for Use of Multisig: Our experience in season 0 has highlighted the need for a simplified payment process. There is a technical error that is blocking USDC payments from Govern and for this reason, two multi sigs were used for payments in the last month of season 0.
We herein formalise the use of a multisig in favour of default escrow. We believe this is necessary to effectively function and meet our commitments to contributors in a more timely manner. Once funding is approved by ESD the full funded amount is transferred in a single payment via Govern to the EDS multi-sig. This will significantly reduce the number of monthly transactions and minimise unforeseen issues that have delayed contributor reward payment.
ANT holders are asked to vote YES or NO
- YES fund ESD request for 7200 ANT & 60k USDC discretionary strategic funding
- NO do NOT fund ESD request for 7200 ANT & 60k USDC discretionary strategic funding