“A company can seize extra-ordinary opportunities only if it is very good at the ordinary operations.”
Welcome to Season 2 and 3 funding proposals for the AN DAO. We have been working as separate guilds over the past season and have come together with the combined goal to transition the AA team towards the DAO and assist the Current DAO guilds in their day-to-day operations.
There are three main goals for the Ops team going into seasons two and three.
- Assist the transition from the AA to the AN DAO of core teams
- Assist the Product teams in making sure they are not distracted by meta governance and can ship the product
- Maintain critical DAO functions such as Finance and Legal as we transition
Ops will be an overarching Guild with some AA members and DAO members the goal of the guild is on top of the above goals is to be the line in the sand for coordination and collaboration between squads and Guilds.
The squads will be:
- Eagle Capital (Finance)- DAO Funded
- DAO Data Team - DAO Funded
- Devops - AA Funded
- Legal - DAO Funded
- Product Ops - AA Funded
- DAO Ops - DAO Funded
The goal would be that by February 2023 some of these work streams would spin out to separate guilds for each of these functions.
The reason for keeping the Product ops, Devops and Agile in the AA, for now, is that they are currently close to releasing the product, and therefore they will begin to join DAO Ops in season 3. This will need to be an additional proposal but want to provide some clarity/transparency now on the work being completed.
We are aiming to limit the scope to maintain current functions and assist in the transition detailed in the Goals above.
- The Operations functions, including finance, legal, DevOps and general operations such as coordination between teams are largely centralised under the Aragon Association.
- This Ops Guild proposal was set up and funded by the AA and the AN DAO with the Goal of assisting the DAO in Day to day functions and transitioning the AA teams towards the DAO.
- There has been some transition across from the AA into the DAO but it needs to occur at an accelerated rate.
During season 1 a number of these teams operated under there own separate funding requests. For the teams from Season 1 we have reduced the funding request. We have reduced the cost of DAO ops by 33% & Finance is adding a entirely new work stream for only an increase of .
- The AA Teams have transitioned into the DAO
- Eagle Capital has spun-out into:
- Aragon Ventures
- Treasury management DAO
- Finance Ops guild (covering accounting, tax, payments, budgeting & reporting)
- Legal Squad has spun out into it’s own guild
- DAO Data team has spun out its own guild
- The DAO is functioning efficiently with strong coordination
Full list of task and objective - Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.
Finance is the core of any DAO and will be part of the core of the organisation going forwards. We will break Finance down into two Squads with very different goals. This will also avoid scope creep and allow us to take on the best talent with the respective skill areas
There will be Eagle Accounting, whose focus is to continue the smooth running of the DAO treasury and payments to contributors. The other Squad will be Eagle Farming, whose focus is on spinning up a yield farming strategy & team, in order to make the DAO ready for treasury optimization when the funds are transferred.
The goal of Legal with be multi-fold -
- Securities Analysis (Focused on UK Canada, Europe, US, Singapore, Australia)
- Aragon General Compliance
- GDPR Compliance Analysis
- Legal Wrapper Execution to aid transition
- Contributor Engagement Enablement
Continuing to build on the work completed in Season 1
- Notion maintenance
- POAP and DAO Design needs
- TL;DR for guild coordination
- Forum Update for navigation ease
- Discord Changes
- Calendar Management
- Bots Clean up and Management
- DAO Tooling
- Dework Management
- Dissemination of internal Aragon Communications
- Who’s Who of AA and AN DAO Sobol
- Make sure guilds are informed of all relevant comms and stay up to date with decisions
- Managing and presenting recordings of meetings in usable format.
- Internal Tooling and Tooling hours
In Season 0 a bounty was created for Data and this brought together a group of individuals with a passion for research and analytics. This group has been working since then to create insights for the different squads and guilds of ANDAO. It is now time for us to formalize this setup as a squad and ensure funding so that all our activities can be carried out. During Season 1 we have fulfilled bounties for Ops and dGov but this has proved to be an inefficient setup where resources are pulled in different directions and gains from coordination are not realized.
As such our work plan is divided into different work streams for guilds/squads as well as specific activities.
- DAO Data
- Assist guilds with surveys
- Assist guilds with data-driven KPIs
- Data dashboard management
Bounties will only be allocated to more critical tasks, for example the team will make them selves available to help with any product related data tasks.
Aragon Association Funded Teams
Purpose: Run servers, manage Saas accounts and many other things to keep the infrastructure running smoothly and give the DAO members the tools they need to do their work.
- Responsible for the Aragon tech infrastructure
- Responsible to set up proper CI/CD workflows together with the engineers
- Supporting the software engineering team in the development
The AA will continue to fund this for the next two seasons.
Product Operations is a new function within AA, and it will continue to remain in the AA for season 2. You can see their current responsibilities below. The top focus will always be on Agile delivery of product and tech, which is currently occurring within AA. Nevertheless, AN DAO guilds can still request Agile Coaching support from them on an as-needed basis.
- Provides strategic, tactical, and operational recommendations for products and services to improve value they add to the network
- This should prepare future delegates with some kind of platform that supports coordinated and intentional decision-making.
- TBD: No clear way to implement strategy within the network, but the closer to operations we get, the more concrete and actionable the recommendations become.
- Establishes best practices in product development and related working groups to improve operational effectiveness.
- Coordinate, integrate, manage independent workstreams, in particular when there are dependencies involved.
- Provide agile facilitation as service to any and all agile squads, prioritizing product delivery squads. See Agile Lead (original AA/AL job description).
- Act as Scrum Master directly embedded within squads to help enable the teams to do their best work and in accordance with the agreed upon ways of working.
- Lead a training and development program for upskilling the organization in project management and to foster agility mindsets
- Define recurring available trainings for DAO on various APM topics to empower teams - and request (very minimal) feedback to ensure the content is as applicable as possible to as many as possible.
- Provide “on the ground” insights and communications to leaders and stakeholders, particularly the Executive Director and future guild stewards, to ensure they are well-informed of “on the ground” details.
- Includes relevant strategic insights by performing ad hoc analyses of user behaviour and our organization’s ability to respond to these insights, collaborating with central data teams as needed
- Takes on special strategic projects and drives them to completion
The total Budget request is $420,000 for two seasons for Finance, legal, DAO ops and Data Analytics, the main focus is to keep the contributor team as tight as possible therefore we have kept a modest amount of bounties to make sure we remain work driven:
|Contributor||Hours (Per Week)||Payments (Per Month)|
|Data and Insights|
|Part time contributor||15 hours||$3,000.00|
|Legal Consultancy Pool||$5,000.00**|
|Finance - Eagle Accounting|
|Part time contributor||20 hours||$2,000.00|
|Part time contributor||20 hours||$2,000.00|
|Finance - Eagle Farming*|
|Part time Contributor||10-20 Hours||$2,000.00|
|Legal Consultancy Pool||$5,000.00|
You can find all the detail here:
*Eagle Farming has the possibility to increase $4000 per month in season 3
** Legal Budget is higher as a contingency for high legal fees in certain jurisdiction’s
We will be open to have the proposal re-voted on as soon as Delegates are implemented if it is requested.
- Risk of contributor churn by using bounties to heavily (mitigate through clear work and paths to further contribution)
- DAO not being in a state to take the AA teams onboard
- Financial risk of a further downturn in the market affecting the finance team deliverables.
We hope that ANT holders will see this as good value to the network for the next two seasons. The goal of Ops will always to be replicable by any individual, it is a core function and we want to make it a priority that OPS operates in such a way that operations are smooth but if the DAO chooses a different team at any point the work stream should be able to be picked straight up.
This proposal will be re-ratified in when the new DAO structure is set with Delegates there will also be monthly reports on progress towards objectives.
IPFS deliverables after vote was live: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmbUTmBzEPYCkR63Thd35P5zkFqA5FkPmrUMsSkJendH2P?filename=Season_2__3_KPI_Tracker_-_httpswww.notion.soaragonorg64426d524b314b81a231efea732145c1v0ec1b3008fc0425ab7d94137e28ff42e_.pdf