Community Guild is driven to create an active, engaged, and informed community where new community members, DAO builders, and contributors are empowered and inspired to contribute to the Aragon community and its products.
We seek to secure 302k for 8 months of operations - 1 August 2022 through 31 March 2023 - to fund the AN DAO Community Guild to deliver on the following objectives:
- Internal Community Engagement
- Strategic Onboarding / Offboarding
- External Community Engagement
- Community Culture
- Guild Operations
We believe the Community Guild will help establish sustainable long-term growth of the AN DAO community. We seek to help grow the number of active DAO-Builders using Aragon’s products, grow the number of Aragon community members, support strategic alignment for the upcoming merger and product launch, and support the overall purpose of the DAO defined in the Aragon Network Charter.
Objective: Drive community engagement and awareness of Aragon initiatives through interactions in Discord, with a focus on the introduction and general channels.
- Maintain a regular cadence of welcome greetings and first point of contact for new community and potential DAO builders as they enter the Discord
- Promote and uphold Community Guidelines raising any misconduct with the responsible person as per the offboarding process
- Moderate the Discord and other common areas to ensure Community Guidelines are followed
- KPI: Sustain 22 percent retention rate in Discord
- KPI: THE Deliverable
Details: Community Feedback
Objective: Increase community engagement and awareness of Aragon initiatives via community events.
- Bi-weekly AN DAO All Hands
- Community Roundtable
- End of Season Jamboree
- Self-Care with @Fabs
- KPI: # of people attending
Objective: Empower community members to be representatives of Aragon in public spaces by creating an Ambassador program that teaches Ambassadors about Aragon DAO and its products, while also providing them with the tools and support needed to share this information with their local communities.
- In coordination with Comms, develop the Aragon Ambassador training and tool-kit
- Assisting Ambassadors with first meet-ups
- Create a mentor system to help the program be self-sufficient
- 4th Cohort of 10 Ambassadors
- KPI: 5x Ambassador led meet-ups
Details: Aragon Ambassador Program.
Contributor: Aaron Lewis
Objective: Align with Comms to create and host AMA’s building good public relationships, creating interest for Aragon, and informing DAO-Builders.
- Planning: Create and implement an AMA Roadmap to ensure topics align with the community’s needs and the direction of Aragon. S1 AMA Roadmap.
- Coordination: Cross DAO speakers, questions and agenda, hosting and recording, pre-event promotion
- Weekly AMA hosted on Twitter Spaces.
- KPI: 100 listeners per AMA
Objective: Incentivize the creation of community-generated content via contests and bounties.
- Create and run bi-weekly contests
- Develop monthly content calendar in coordination with Comms, maximizing visibility of community-relevant content
- KPI: 2x Content bounties per month
Objective: Reflect the voice of the community in the Aragon brand and ensure continuity between the internal and external communications by creating moderation training, standards and resources.
- Post, promote and foster follower dialogue from content calendar postings
- Moderate channels to maintain positive and informative dialogue
- Build on moderator efficiencies:
- Continue to document and expand FAQ responses
- Support moderators to undertake Ambassador training
- Standardize response times and interact across social channels - telegram, Reddit, Twitter
- KPI:Set the baseline for active number of users in S2 and maintain and grow during S3
Objective: Maintain/promote the DAO Experts’ discovery pathway and facilitate the connection between DAO Experts and DAO builders.
- Discover DAO builders in discord or through the Catapult application
- Connect and host 1:1 with DAOs to assess the needs and the state of DAO
- Provide support up to introducing the DAO with a service provider
- Collect, summarise, and consolidate important information from DAO builders, contributing to Aragon User Research and spreading insights to the DAO.
- KPI: Create a baseline metric and measure by that metric at the end of the season
Objective: Develop a frictionless experience for new community members via a series of community onboarding touchpoints.
- Weekly Community Welcome Call
- Introduction to AN DAO Culture Call
- Introduction to AN DAO Operations Call
- 1:1 contributor calls
- S2 & S3 contributor Cohort
- Onboarding documentation
- KPI: Increase community by 10 Percent per season
Objective: Design, document and implement an off-boarding process and raise awareness and understanding of the community guidelines that inform offboarding.
- Create an MVP Offboarding process and deliver it on the forum for collective drafting by the end of S2
- Implement the offboarding process S3 onwards
- Embed awareness of offboarding processes within onboarding and community
Objective: Foster better communication, support psychological safety, improve contributor retention.
- Facilitate community debates on relevant topics to find actionable solutions while improving communication culture.
- Document and report on facilitated sessions with recommended next steps
- Receive inputs from the community, provide and moderate spaces for discussing wellbeing-related topics
- Identify communication best practices and create a communication handbook
- Improve contributor retention, preventing offboarding related to burnout or other wellbeing issues
Details: Community Wellbeing Proposal
Objective: To establish clear responsibility for all contributor roles, ensure transparency and accountability for the work undertaken, and operate as an efficient and effective team to deliver stated objectives.
- Monthly forum updates for reporting (transparency)
- Monthly Community Call for community feedback
- Weekly reporting of hours and task progression (responsibility & accountability)
- Notion reporting of work progress (transparency)
- Weekly team meetings with agenda and record of meetings
- Event agendas & recordings (transparency)
- A review process at the end of S2 to set KPIs for S3
- All AN DAO/AA teams for onboarding needs
- AA Ecosystem for DAO Experts
- AA Comms for Community Comms, Events, and Culture
- AA Ambassador Program
- dGov for Governance Workshops, AMA & Internal Community Engagement
- Executive Sub DAO on conflict mediation
- AA / AN DAO for work on CIPs
- Contributor competency and the quality vs quantity of contributors onboarded
- Lack of communication culture, policy, and guidance in the DAO
- Lack of awareness, communication, and shared understanding of the Community Guidelines and the documents that inform community behavior and offboarding procedures
- Perceived lack of impact for proposed activity in relation to the core focus to establish product market fit
- Scheduling across multiple time zones and weekend event scheduling of key events limits the inclusion and diversity of participants
- Lack of documented strategy from the AA with which to clearly align all functions
Lead is the direct responsible individual. Core is executing and supporting.
|Contributor||Function - Focus Objective||Reward||Max Hrs Month|
|Shawnzywonzie#4546||Steward - Community Guild
Lead - [1.] Internal Community Engagement
Lead - [5.] Community Guild Operations
|FMurphy#8381||Lead - [2.] External Community Engagement
Lead - [2.3.] Community Generated Content
Lead - [2.4.] Social Media Moderation
Core - [5.] Community Guild Operations
|Blockchainlore#6080||Core - [1.1.] Discord Greeting & Engagement
Core - [1.2.] Community Events
|Cdogg#1999||Lead - [3.] Strategic Onboarding / Offboarding
Core - [3.1.] DAO Experts
Core - [3.2.] Community Onboarding
|Iamcraftycarl#7867||Core - [2.1.] Aragon Ambassadors||4000||120|
|Incandenza#1594||Core - [3.3.] Community Offboarding
Core - [4.1] Community Wellbeing
|Ellisliu.x#0931||Core - [2.4.] Social Media Moderation||2000||80|
|phero#0347||Core - [2.4.] Social Media Moderation||2000||80|
This proposal aims to secure funding for 2 Seasons (8 months) of operations totaling $302,000 budgeted at $37,000 per month and distributed per the prevailing finance guidelines.
- Contributor rewards $30,500
- Bounty Allocation $7,000
One-time Tooling and expense budget $2,000
Edit Made Aug 25th 2022: Correction to budget due to calculation error. Was calculated to a total of 332k. Actual amount was 302k.