We (flour.works) are a team of experienced web3 analysts.
We propose funding of 6000 USDC at delivery of
- on-chain data audit and report
- investigation and initial recommendations regarding Aragon’s North Star metric (Active Aragon DAOs)
Per the Aragon Network DAO Charter, central to the operations of the DAO is the metric Active Aragon DAOs. This metric is used to judge the efficacy of Aragon Governance Proposals (i.e. will this proposal increase the number of Active Aragon DAOs). It is also used as a North Star for internal DAO teams, such as the Executive Sub-DAO (ESD), to guide funding and effort.
As the DAO continues to grow the Aragon network, it is imperative that everyone is aligned on the proper growth metric(s). This concept is not singular to Web3. Aligning on the most important moments and milestones for customers to experience (assessed via metrics) steers the whole organization towards building the right things at the right time.
We (flour.works) propose funding to perform an on-chain data audit. This “audit” will consist of a full review and decoding of all Aragon smart contracts to determine and document all available on-chain data. There purposes for this audit as this proposal is concerned are two-fold:
- evaluate the current Active Aragon DAOs metric and make recommendations
- there are currently many different definitions of “active” floating, hence the need for this investigation/proposal
- with a full understanding of available on-chain data, we can evaluate potential definitions for Aragon’s North Star metric
- provide a foundation for the Aragon Network DAO (AN DAO) community and flour.works to build better analytics for the benefit of Aragon Network
- this proposal is intended to be just the first phase of building analytics that enable data-driven decisions within the Aragon Network - we (flour.works) intend to use the audit to identify analytics opportunities and submit a subsequent proposal to build
- the audit will remain as an artifact for internal/community analytics members to use to build on behalf of Aragon
We are mitigating the downside risk of a waste of funds by focusing initially on an on-chain audit and investigation of data. Analytics projects can suffer from unclear outcomes or improperly scoped projects. Structuring it in this way provides flexibility for both AN DAO and flour.works to assess the efficacy of future analytics projects after an intense scoping phase, and before more funds are committed to more development.
- data audit
- the audit will be delivered in the form of one or more documents/spreadsheets that maps all event data for each Aragon smart contract.
- a data quality dashboard will be created ([example](https://dune.xyz/setlabs/Set-Protocol-V2-Dune-Data-Quality))
- we will ensure that all Aragon smart contracts are properly decoded on Dune
- a report highlighting potential data that could be used in defining Active Aragon DAOs
- proof-of-concept metric queries (Dune)
- an initial recommendation on Active Aragon DAOs metric definition
Accomplishing these deliverables will require collaboration with the current Aragon team - specifically devs and analytics familiar with the Aragon smart contract system. We are assuming we will be able to access these teams for informational discussions.
We estimate 1 month from project start to delivery.
|Don||Don ETH to 10k#3452||@dbustos20|
|Anthony||Anthony Bowman Index Coop#1559||@anthonybowman|
We have a combined 1,393 public queries built and 589 stars given on Dune. This doesn’t include the many queries and dashboards built privately for teams across the web3 space. Previous projects include Index Coop, Set Protocol, Gamma, Gelato, Alchemist, and Galleon.
6000 USDC at delivery