Description of the Action:
As we prepare for the launch of our experimental Aragon Network DAO, it’s time to source the candidates who’ll campaign to be elected to lead the different Sub-DAOs.
Below you’ll find a description of the role of Executive Sub-DAO member. For the official version (essential read if you wish to apply) check the Aragon Network Charter here
Long Form description & Rationale:
This proposal aims to implement the vision outlined in the Aragon Network Charter and, in doing so, enable the Aragon Network to further decentralise and deploy funds effectively to advance its mission.
As an Executive Sub-DAO member, your job is to act as a strategy facilitator and finance director for the community.
Together with your fellow Executives, you’ll be responsible for scheduling payments for the everyday running of the AN DAO. Equally, you’ll be expected to facilitate and lead community conversations related to strategy and strategic planning, to decide on key initiatives to fund from the Operations Vault (The financial treasury entrusted to the Executive Sub-DAO by the Investment Vault of the Main DAO).
This is a hands-on, community-oriented role for servant leaders and community representatives. As a team, you’ll have to set in place mechanisms for facilitating community-led ideation and receiving feedback. And you’ll have to strike a balance between listening openly and discerning where to direct funds and community attention.
Finally, you’ll also have to inspire the community to keep funding the activities of the Executive Sub-DAO by transfer funds from the Investments Vault (the reserve treasury controlled by the Main DAO) to the Operations Vault.
- Pay members of other Sub-DAOs
- Make grants to other community members at their discretion, providing:
- such transactions are disclosed transparently on the Aragon Forum website
- An Escrow is used to hold funds until the completion of the agreed-upon deliverable.
- The deliverable has been fully assessed by the members of the Executive DAO.
- Pay suppliers of the Aragon network, providing such transactions are disclosed transparently on the Aragon Forum.
- And Executive DAO members have the following responsibilities:
- Keep an up to date record of their activities and use of funds.
- Hold a General Meeting (online or offline) every fortnight and keep a record of the meeting available to the ANT Holders.
- Not miss any more than 3 consecutive General Meetings without providing a valid excuse (medical or force majeure) or a public explanation to ANT Holders.
Compensation: 200 ANT per month.
Additional compensation through Aragon Association Salary or Aragon network Community rewards (e.g. SourceCred compensation)
The proposal to elect these roles will be launched on the 11th of October 2021 the earliest
If you wish to apply, reply to this post with
- Your name/nickname
- Why do you believe you’ll make a great member of the Sub-DAO
- Your ETH wallet address
- Other identifiers (if you’re applying to the Tech Committee, make sure to include your GitHub handle)
- Identity Proof**1:
1**: a proposal is underway to choose a decentralised Identity solution for the AN DAO. Once the vote finishes, candidates will have to prove their humanity using the chosen solution
Limitations of this proposal:
This proposal only refers to the roles outlined in the AN Charter. Multiple other roles (official or otherwise) will be needed to operate and develop the Aragon Network.
Contact info for proposal’s facilitator:
Discord handle: danielo#2815