Description of the Action:
As we prepare for the launch of our experimental Aragon Network DAO, it’s time to source the candidates who’ll campaign to be elected to lead the different Sub-DAOs.
Below you’ll find a description of the role of Compliance Sub-DAO member. For the official version (essential read if you wish to apply) check the Aragon Network Charter here
Long Form description & Rationale:
This proposal aims to implement the vision outlined in the Aragon Network Charter and, in doing so, enable the Aragon Network to further decentralise and deploy funds effectively to advance its mission.
As a member of the Compliance Committee, you’ll have the ultimate responsibility for safeguarding the Aragon Network.
You’ll lead and facilitate the conversation in matters of risk, sustainability, and ethics, developing the systems and culture necessary for the effective functioning of an exemplary DAO.
You’ll be tasked with defending the Aragon Network Charter and its spirit and facilitating the community process to evolve the Charter as needed.
Members of the Compliance Committee are granted an extraordinary veto right over all proposals in the Aragon Network (except their own appointment to the role). It will be your job to wield this power wisely and ensure it’s seldom needed.
- Reviewing all proposals in the AN DAO and any-sub DAO for compliance with this Charter and overall legal compliance, providing feedback to proposal creators where appropriate.
- Remove any proposals they deem to be non-compliant with any part of this Charter or illegal.
- Legal responsibility - The Compliance Committee members assume full legal responsibility for the approval of any illegal, unlawful, criminal or fraudulent proposal.
Compensation: 200 ANT per month.
Additional compensation through Aragon Association Salary or Aragon network Community rewards (e.g. SourceCred compensation)
The proposal to elect these roles will be launched on the 11th of October 2021 the earliest
If you wish to apply, reply to this post with
- Your name/nickname
- Why do you believe you’ll make a great member of the Sub-DAO
- Your ETH wallet address
- Other identifiers (if you’re applying to the Tech Committee, make sure to include your GitHub handle)
- Identity Proof**1:
1**: a proposal is underway to choose a decentralised Identity solution for the AN DAO. Once the vote finishes, candidates will have to prove their humanity using the chosen solution
Limitations of this proposal:
This proposal only refers to the roles outlined in the AN Charter. Multiple other roles (official or otherwise) will be needed to operate and develop the Aragon Network.
Contact info for proposal’s facilitator:
Discord handle: danielo#2815