Edgeware Participation Proposal for Aragon

agp

Hi Aragon!

Our team over at Commonwealth Labs has drafted a proposal that would allow Aragon to participate in the launch of our new WASM-runtime, on-chain governed network Edgeware. Besides strong value and mission alignment, we’d love to share more about why this makes sense for Aragon to consider - if you’re interested, check our draft -we’ll get the AMA scheduled soon too!

Thom

6 Likes

Aragon Network Vote #2 Megathread

Hello, thank you for your proposal. When do you expect the audit of the Lockdrop contract to be complete? I cannot support sending so much of our ETH to a contract that hasn’t even been audited yet.

0 Likes

Hi Anteater! Thanks for jumping into the discussion. I’m gonna throw the answers into FAQ format here for easy reading and to incorporate Qs from Aragon.chat

When will the audit of the lockdrop contract be completed?
Good news is that the audit from Quantstamp is complete, and we just need to fix up one small thing in the contract language to shore up best-practices and get our updated document showing no issues. We’ll upload that and post it here (and basically shout it from every mountaintop :national_park:) We’re hoping to have this public by Thursday evening.

When will the snapshot of the token addresses be taken?
From @abkc on the #governance channel of aragon.chat
The snapshot happens at the end of the contribution period, which lasts two weeks and which begins June 1, so Saturday June 15th is our expected snapshot date.

2 Likes

From the proposal:

Timelock 40,000 ETH for 3-months in the Edgeware Lockdrop.
Potentially signal the remainder of the Aragon treasury.

I think given the role of the association in treasury management, as well as the relatively little time to iterate on the numbers before the submission deadline, I would recommend rephrasing this to be an “approval to lock up to 40k ETH for up to 3 months” but leave the exact amount up to the discretion of the AA.

By framing it this way, as an ANT holder I can approve of the proposal because I support the idea without having to evaluate whether a specific amount is prudent given the associated smart contract and time/volatility risk associated with the proposal.

3 Likes

Aragon Network Vote #2 Megathread

Very useful suggestion - I’ve updated the language to reflect that.

“A proposal to approve the timelocking of funds from the Aragon multisig to an Aragon Association-controlled lockdrop contract for the purpose of participating in the Edgeware network launch, with method and amounts to be determined by the Aragon Association.”

2 Likes

Great news - the lockdrop audit is complete with zero issues in the current contract.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eg54_YToVuWGNa2R9KD_0eLg19y2h47d/view?usp=sharing

1 Like