DAO Payment Escrow with Aragon Court Arbitration
RaidGuild is a DAOified web3 freelancing cooperative. We currently use multi-sigs to manage funds for projects. This is great, but we like to build stuff so we’re creating an disputable escrow tool that minimizes risk for all parties involved. Clients deposit funds into the escrow contract, then funds are released as project milestones are reached. If there’s a dispute over milestone deliverables a dispute can be raised for an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider to block or unlock funds.
This grant proposal is to integrate arbitration services from Aragon Court into the escrow tool and to sufficiently build out the tool so it can be used by other DAOs or organizations that accept payment from clients.
We propose to research, design, and build an escrow service that uses Aragon Court for arbitration. The service will consist of a (set of) smart contract(s) accessible via a web3-enabled web application, and will be able to be used by any DAO or other type of organization that performs services for and accepts payments from clients. Our proposal has two stages, to be paid out sequentially.
Stage 1: Design & Research
Before we buidl, we seek to understand. The design/research stage of the project involves diving into the Aragon Court codebase to understand how to make the integration as smooth as possible. From there we’ll know how to integrate the services as well as communicate it’s value prop of the service to future LexLocker users.
The deliverable from this stage will be a detailed specification of what will build in Stage 2. This will describe how to best to integrate Aragon Court into our existing escrow service.
Stage 2: Buidl & Ship
In this stage, assuming no major technical blockers are discovered, we will implement the specification from Stage 1. This will make LexLocker and the RaidGuild escrow available to any Aragon DAO! This will allow DAOs and 3rd parties to optimistically engage with each other knowing that their deal is secured by the power of the Aragon Court. It will also help drive more demand to alternative dispute resolution services such as Aragon Court.
This proposal will benefit the following constituents:
- DAOs that sell services, by enabling them to enter into more trusted relationships with clients
- ANT/ANJ holders & the Aragon ecosystem, by creating a new channel for demand for and adoption of Aragon Court
Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
- Design and research: 2-3 weeks.
- Buidl and ship: 4-6 weeks.
Team Information (For Funding Proposals)
The finest guilders in all the land!
- Spencer - A full stack raiding veteran with a body count of slayed demons to prove it (all the things).
- Saimano - A young warrior with experience creating shiny armor (front-ends) for dApps and DAOs.
- Ross - A rogue and a one man army. Ross can cast legal spells that vanquish even the deadliest demons.
- burrata - Burrrata likes DAOs.
- Dekan - A warrior wizard who eats balrogs for breakfast.
- Other Raid Guild members may also contribute as needed and you’ll be glad when they do.
Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
We have deep experience writing smart contracts, building web3 applications, and designing/creating DAOs. We’re building this escrow contract to solve our own pain points. With your help we can make it available to more DAOs!
Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)
- Design and research: 200 ANT.
- Buidl and ship: 300 ANT.
Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:
The team-members are co-signers of the above multisig address, and will collectively disburse funds to each team-member as reimbursement for time spent researching, designing, and building the proposed disputable escrow service.