Community Experience Squad Season 1 Request for Funding

cc @Ricktik6

2 Likes

3/3

1 Like

@lee0007 @fartunov @daniel-ospina

May Monthly Reporting

In The Month of May, the following items were delivered

• 2 New Joiners Calls each week (Ongoing)
    • We have joined the 2 New joiner calls into 1 “Community Welcome Call” Due to lack of participation in the evening call
  • Completed the Discord greeting schedule (Ongoing)
    • Greeting and assisting people within the Discord ensuring a 1-hour response time
  • Bi-weekly Tooling Events (Ongoing)
    • In May we hosted AMAs with Algorand, Aragon (on Governance), EUIC, and DAO HQ
    • We are currently working with Growth Squad to get the videos edited and available on YouTube.
  • Level1 &Catapult Updates (Ongoing)
    • Got Notion permissions for Catapult. Will be launched by mid June
  • Topic of the Day channel in Discord (Estimated completion- Middle of May)
  • Bi-weekly Self Care Event (Ongoing)
  • DAO Experts- (Ongoing)
    • We have spoken with Anthony to determine Community Experience’s role in DAO Experts. We have set up Catapult as a funnel for DAOs and we will be vetting the DAOs and introducing them to Service Providers. I still need to speak with @Anthony.Leuts and others for specifics regarding acceptance qualifications.

The following deliverables were progressed

• Bi-Monthly Core Team/Contributor Get Together (Postponed due to current situation within the Aragon Core Team- Estimated completion- TBD)

• Event Template for Ambassadors (Estimated completion- June)

• Outline done- Slide Deck Done- Still need Survey

The remaining deliverables are yet to begin

• End Of Season Jamboree

May KPIs

• Number of Members Onboarded- 22 (This is how many people joined the New Joiners Call)
  • Number of New Members in Discord- 547
  • Number of New Active Communicators- 135
  • % of new member retention- 13.9
    • For some reason Discord is showing the same numbers as last month. Will check again tomorrow once the month is finished and update accordingly

Bounty Funding

( temitope#8944) Has taken on the bounty for finding Guests, setting up, and hosting our bi-weekly AMAs. (this payment is for 4 events)

• Amount $1200 split 70:30 [or 90:10 if that has passed] (USDC:ANT) sent to : 0xc688cc903ffafbc8466bde2c3a69fc64a788081e

( israelrex#3613)- Is creating flyers and POAPs for our events at $100/week

• Amount $400 split 70:30 [or 90:10 if that has passed] (USDC:ANT) sent to :
    0xd4ebc61981e5B9AB392b68f2638012E2346D534C

-Doing the Self Care Sessions ($50/session)

• Amount $100 split 70:30 [or 90:10 if that has passed] (USDC:ANT) sent to :
    0xbF0f24fD34bC76CD6d8Eb37cc99d4477ed3a98FB

Total May funding to be paid:

USDC - $14130
ANT - $1570
Contributor Rewards- $10500
Flexible Rewards- $3500
Bounty Rewards- $1700
Coordinape- $300
Total- $16000

Contributor Rewards Sheet

4 Likes

Love your work community team. Thank you for clear reporting on you deliverables. Can you please include a summary of the total May funding to be paid with a link to the contributor rewards sheet.

2 Likes

Awesome ive added the break down. :slight_smile:

On a separate note, I just noticed a typo in the proposal. At the top when i break down the funds requested i requested 4000 for bounties. Then at the bottom when i broke it down i forgot to change it from 2000 to 4000 when i made that edit. I noticed in the Contributor rewards sheet it has the 2000 for bounties instead of the 4000. Not sure how we should handle this.

1 Like

For consistency, can I ask that you use the EOM template format all we need is a summary

Funding Request

• USCD 90% Total
  • ANT 10% Total
  • Amount Contributor Rewards
  • Amount Flexible Rewards
  • Amount Bounty Rewards

I’m not a fan of sharing individual contributor detail at this level, although it is helpful due to the lack of financial transparency in the xls

1 Like

Done. Sorry about that :slight_smile:

1/3 approved @daniel-ospina @fartunov

2/3 approved.
I think it will be helpful to have some detail here on the metrics:

How are they defined and why they were chosen. As we transition through seasons metrics might change and having a track of the arguments why a certain metric was added or removed will help continuity and learning

1 Like

You make an excellent point @fartunov I’ll add a page to that Notion and add in the method behind the Metrics. Thank you sir.

1 Like

@fartunov @lee0007 @daniel-ospina

June Monthly Reporting

In The Month of June, the following items were delivered

2 New Joiners Calls each week (Ongoing)

• We have joined the 2 New joiner calls into 1 “Community Welcome Call” Due to lack of participation in the evening call*

• Refined the onboarding process to be more fluid and provide more documentation for new members

Completed the Discord greeting schedule (Ongoing)

• Greeting and assisting people within the Discord ensuring a 1-hour response time

Bi-weekly Tooling Events (Ongoing)

• In June we hosted AMAs with EVM Crispr, BitDAO, Otoco, and Aragon for a treasury update

• Went from Bi-weekly to Weekly AMAs

Level1 &Catapult Updates (Ongoing)

Catapult has been launched.

• Working with Jessica from Comms to get the links on the website and blog replaced so that all applications lead to catapult

• Also linked with notion so that all applications are received within Notion and can be filtered for each Team appropriately

• Catapult Team is working with Mathias to integrate a bot to prompt people as they come in to the Discord to apply.

Bi-weekly Self Care Event (Ongoing)

• 3-5 people a week attending.
  • Gravity DAO has started mentioning it as well during their Graviton Training

DAO Experts- (Ongoing)

• DAO Experts was launched and we are now going through past inquiries in order to determine if services are still needed and appropriate for those DAOs. Working with C to identify and engage DAOs as they come into the Discord then introduce them to the service provider that will best assess their needs.

The following deliverables were progressed

Bi-Monthly Core Team/Contributor Get Together (Postponed due to current situation within the Aragon Core Team- Estimated completion- TBD)

• We have slowly started integrating core team into events and meetings within the DAO
  • Working with Alex M to start inviting core members in to the DAO All hands so we can organically start introducing those who are interested.

Topic of the Day channel in Discord (Estimated completion- Middle of July)

• Launched and then halted due to the volume within discord and to prevent overwhelm for community members and contributors

Event Template for Ambassadors

• Outline done- Slide Deck Done- Requirements and onboarding process done.

• Currently gaining feedback from Ambassadors on this process before moving on to onboarding the first cohort

The remaining deliverables are yet to begin

End Of Season Jamboree

May KPIs (@Fabs will be joining our meeting next week to review these metrics and see if we can refine them for S2)

• Number of Members Onboarded- 20 (This is how many people joined the New Joiners Call)

• Number of New Members in Discord- 370

• Number of New Active Communicators- 93

• % of new member retention- 28.25

Bounty Funding

( temitope#8944) Has taken on the bounty for finding Guests, setting up, and hosting our weekly AMAs. (this payment is for 4 events)

Amount $1200 split 90:10 (USDC:ANT) sent to : 0xc688cc903ffafbc8466bde2c3a69fc64a788081e

-Self Care with Fabs Sessions ($50/session)

Amount $250 split 90:10 (USDC:ANT) sent to :
0xbF0f24fD34bC76CD6d8Eb37cc99d4477ed3a98FB

Total May funding to be paid:

USDC - $14085
ANT - $1565
Contributor Rewards- $10500
Flexible Rewards- $3500
Bounty Rewards- $1450
Coordinape- $250
Total- $15700

1/3 approved, thank you

1 Like

2/3 Approved cc @Ricktik6

2 Likes

Thank you, Shawn! 3/3

Can you please clarify the flexible, bounty, and coordinape rewards? Looking at the original proposal there are static and dynamic and the categories now are somewhat different.

Would it be possible to get some insight into these new Discord members - who are they and why are they in DIscord…get some insight into the audience

1 Like

Yes, so static rewards are rewards for core contributors that do not change each month. This reward is then split 75 percent guaranteed and the other 25 percent through the results of a team coordinape. We implemented the coordinape simply to get the team used to this process.

The dynamic rewards are rewards that change every month (i.e. bounties or one off payments)

Apologies for the lack of clarity on this.

@lee0007 @daniel-ospina @fartunov

Community Experience End of Season Report

Initial Funding

• Deliverable Funding $56,000
  • Bounty Funding of $16,000

Final Expenditure

• $56,000 Deliverable funds spent
  • $6950 Bounty funds spent with 9 bounties
  • Total: $62950 spent of $72,000 – with an excess of $9,050

Original Deliverables

• Build and maintain an onboarding process rated on average 8/10 by participants- Complete with an Average of 8/10Continuous

• Create a schedule for the Community Experience Team so the Discord has coverage 6 days a week ~20 hours per day for greeting and new member orientation - CompleteMay 6th

• Increase community retention from 15% to 20% by the end of Season 1 – Complete at 28% - July 25th

• Create a funnel for DAOs who need assistance (DAO Experts) – CompleteJuly 1st

• 8 community-based events per month – Complete- Continuous

• Catapult upkeep- Complete- Continuous

Additional Deliverables

• Upkeep of the AN DAO Handbook

Deliverables/Initiatives Not Executed

• Bi-Monthly Core Team/Contributor Get Together- The Placeholder proposal and subsequent change in the time frame of progressive decentralization made this difficult/unrealistic. - TBD

Bounties

• AMA Coordination (Monthly-April, May, June, July)- Temitope- Complete
  • Flyer Creation (Monthly- April, May) - IsraelRex – Complete
  • Self Care With Fabs Session (Monthly- April, May, June, July)- Fabs- Complete

As requested, here is the End of Season Report for Community Experience. We are submitting this early in order to post the S2/S3 Proposal for Community Guild. I didn’t go in-depth on each of the initiatives we took on during the season as they weren’t stated explicitly as deliverables. If I need to edit this report to include more specifics please let me know and I’m happy to.

Thanks for a great season! Here’s to the next :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the report. It would be great to have a link to the Dework bounties for traceability

pending the link, 1/3 approved

1 Like

Ive only recently started using Dework last month so this may not be possible. Apologies.

2/3 approved you guys have 100% delivered where you could and gone over and above to support others in the DAO. cc @Ricktik6

@daniel-ospina here is the link to the Community Experience Dework Bounties. Rolling out this tool and ensuring basic information requirements is DAO Ops remit

2 Likes

Thank you Shawn! Looking forward to your teams’ graduation in the Main DAO
Approved 3/3

2 Likes