Community Experience Squad Season 1 Request for Funding

Also, thank you for this. I actually remember this from the early days of the DAO. It may have been helpful to post this prior to everyone completing proposals. (Apologies if it was posted and i missed it)

@fartunov @Shawncubbedge

I am in with striving for quality of mentors and outcomes. The quality comes with the iteration and therefore it might be a second stage of the program. However, the first step - as mentioned - might be to design a learning support of the Ambassadors, beginners, where DAO experts - from others DAO - are not necessarily crucial at the beginning.

The goal is to establish a peer-to-peer learning where existing contributors could practice and share knowledge. This is a pillar for a self-sustaining community. A mentor, an external collaboration, a DAO expert is powerful as it might signal the next station of the mentorship program.

3 Likes

Simmilar comemnt that I made to the Growth Team and Data insights proposal. This seems like a solid direction but the ideal would be for the funding to come from the Main DAO as the ESD was not setup to handle large scale recurring funding for teams.
The ESD was intended for quick grants to seed fund initatives or exceptional grants that might be needed.

As such, I’d invite you to submit this proposal to the Main DAO and I’m happy to provide guidance on the process if needed.

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback @daniel-ospina .

I think it’s apparent to everyone the ESD was not ready for the volume and density of the proposals that have come through. If the other members of the ESD agree with you then I will be happy to bring this proposal to the Main DAO.

However, if this is the case I do have one request.

I request that a one-time payment be made from the ESD to the members of the Community Experience Squad for the work we have been doing. We all have put quite a bit of time and effort into the proposal process, organization of efforts, gaining context, and execution of the proposal prior to approval to ensure we don’t lose what momentum we’ve gained over the last few months. The members of the Community Experience Squad have become a core part of the progression of the DAO.

Considering that we worked on the proposal for almost 3 weeks and then did not receive feedback for another 7 days and then more detailed feedback only a week ago. So currently over a month invested into the creation and execution of this proposal. Now if we repost this proposal as a Main DAO proposal that will add, at minimum, another 2 weeks of deliberation and voting. Which will put us at almost 2 months of work with no payment.

I think my request is reasonable and hope that the ESD will think so as well so that we can ensure that we retain the contributors who have been dedicated to Aragon, the DAO, and the community. To lose passionately dedicated contributors would be detrimental at the current stage of the Guild.

Thank you again for all of the efforts that have been put forth by the ESD to help with the creation of these proposals and the bootstrapping of the DAO as a whole. I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback.

6 Likes

@fartunov
I spoke with @Anthony.Leuts Today regarding Host of the Party.
We agreed that Community Experience could play a vital role in identifying stakeholders when they enter the DAO, Having a 1 on 1 with them to figure out what they need exactly, and then helping direct them to the service provider that would best fit their needs. In addition we could create things such as roles for our service providers to prevent any foul play and to better identify who the service providers endorsed by Aragon are and which area they specialize in.

I’ll be working on adding this in to the community experience proposal in the next few days after speaking with the team.

1 Like

ESD General Meeting 2 May 2022 UTC 1900: Limited consensus

ESD Majority agreement, no need for Main DAO proposal

These limitations were decided by the ESD in the previous season and included in the documentation that was open to significant discussion before posting in the forum and voting. It would seem unfair to change the standard only after people have committed time and energy to develop ESD proposals. We have the budget to support these community efforts. This will be the final season of ESD funding available to this team and we look forward to supporting S2 Main DAO proposals.

ESD Majority agreement ESD will not fund the S1 mentor program cc @Sixto5

Approval of the full budget awaits pivot to the DAO Experts function, which we @fartunov @lee0007 see aligns really well with this team due to their very high visibility and oversight within Discord and their talent scouting roles.

Supporting the Aragon App GtM is a leading priority for S1 ESD funding that very few teams aligned on and we appreciate your ongoing efforts @Shawncubbedge and team to pivot and align on strategic funding priorities.

ESD are committed to finalising this funding decision asynch within seven days of an updated proposal.

3 Likes

This is absolutely wonderful.
We will be making the edits tomorrow during our meeting, I will edit the proposal on the forum afterward and then tag the 3 of you.

Question: Do I need to do a report for the month of April or should I begin reports next month?

For April rewards you’ll need an approved proposal and April reporting on the proposed and funded deliverables

@lee0007 @fartunov @daniel-ospina

I’ve gone through and added the DAO Experts to the Community Experience Proposal. If you have any questions please let me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the updates @Shawncubbedge restating my 1/3 support for this proposal cc @fartunov @daniel-ospina

1 Like

This is fire mate! You have my support 2/3

2 Likes

cc @Ricktik6 ESD majority support for 4 months funding, as the dates are not specified it will be up to @Shawncubbedge and team to begin reporting from either 1 April or 1 May

1 Like

Yes, Can we start from the beginning of April, please!

@lee0007 @fartunov @daniel-ospina

April Monthly Reporting

In The Month of April, the following items were delivered

  • 2 New Joiners Calls each week (Ongoing)
  • Completed the Discord greeting schedule (Ongoing)
    • Greeting and assisting people within the Discord ensuring a 1-hour response time
  • Bi-weekly Tooling Events (Ongoing)
    • We hosted the Gravity DAO AMA
  • Level1 &Catapult Updates- Completed Demo (video coming soon) (Ongoing)

The following deliverables were progressed

  • Topic of the Day channel in Discord (Estimated completion- Middle of May)
    • Waiting on Alex to create channel
  • Bi-weekly Self Care Event (Estimated completion- Middle of May/ongoing)
    • Set up initial event with Fabs- Scheduled for May 18th
  • Bi-Monthly Core Team/Contributor Get Together (Estimated completion- Mid June)
    • Initial conversations started with Milena and Ben
  • Event Template for Ambassadors (Estimated completion- June)
    • Outline done- Still need a survey and a Slide Deck to explain the process to new Ambassadors
  • DAO Experts- (Estimated completion- unknown)
    • Spoke with Anthony to set initial plans- Awaiting update

The remaining deliverables are yet to begin

  • End Of Season Jamboree

April KPIs

  • Number of Members Onboarded- 20 (This is how many people joined the New Joiners Call)
  • Number of New Members in Discord- 547
  • Number of New Active Communicators- 135
  • % of new member retention- 13.9

Bounty Funding

Muhammed Yakub ( temitope#8944) Has taken on the bounty for finding Guests, setting up, and hosting our bi-weekly AMAs. (this payment is for 2 events)

  • Amount $600 split 70:30 (USDC:ANT) sent to : 0xc688cc903ffafbc8466bde2c3a69fc64a788081e
1 Like

1/3 Approved April funding

1 Like

2/3 approval April funding :slight_smile:

1 Like

cc @Ricktik6

2 Likes

3/3

1 Like

@lee0007 @fartunov @daniel-ospina

May Monthly Reporting

In The Month of May, the following items were delivered

  • 2 New Joiners Calls each week (Ongoing)
    • We have joined the 2 New joiner calls into 1 “Community Welcome Call” Due to lack of participation in the evening call
  • Completed the Discord greeting schedule (Ongoing)
    • Greeting and assisting people within the Discord ensuring a 1-hour response time
  • Bi-weekly Tooling Events (Ongoing)
    • In May we hosted AMAs with Algorand, Aragon (on Governance), EUIC, and DAO HQ
    • We are currently working with Growth Squad to get the videos edited and available on YouTube.
  • Level1 &Catapult Updates (Ongoing)
    • Got Notion permissions for Catapult. Will be launched by mid June
  • Topic of the Day channel in Discord (Estimated completion- Middle of May)
  • Bi-weekly Self Care Event (Ongoing)
  • DAO Experts- (Ongoing)
    • We have spoken with Anthony to determine Community Experience’s role in DAO Experts. We have set up Catapult as a funnel for DAOs and we will be vetting the DAOs and introducing them to Service Providers. I still need to speak with @Anthony.Leuts and others for specifics regarding acceptance qualifications.

The following deliverables were progressed

  • Bi-Monthly Core Team/Contributor Get Together (Postponed due to current situation within the Aragon Core Team- Estimated completion- TBD)

  • Event Template for Ambassadors (Estimated completion- June)

    • Outline done- Slide Deck Done- Still need Survey

The remaining deliverables are yet to begin

  • End Of Season Jamboree

May KPIs

  • Number of Members Onboarded- 22 (This is how many people joined the New Joiners Call)
  • Number of New Members in Discord- 547
  • Number of New Active Communicators- 135
  • % of new member retention- 13.9
    • For some reason Discord is showing the same numbers as last month. Will check again tomorrow once the month is finished and update accordingly

Bounty Funding

( temitope#8944) Has taken on the bounty for finding Guests, setting up, and hosting our bi-weekly AMAs. (this payment is for 4 events)

  • Amount $1200 split 70:30 [or 90:10 if that has passed] (USDC:ANT) sent to : 0xc688cc903ffafbc8466bde2c3a69fc64a788081e

( israelrex#3613)- Is creating flyers and POAPs for our events at $100/week

  • Amount $400 split 70:30 [or 90:10 if that has passed] (USDC:ANT) sent to :
    0xd4ebc61981e5B9AB392b68f2638012E2346D534C

-Doing the Self Care Sessions ($50/session)

  • Amount $100 split 70:30 [or 90:10 if that has passed] (USDC:ANT) sent to :
    0xbF0f24fD34bC76CD6d8Eb37cc99d4477ed3a98FB

Total May funding to be paid:

USDC - $14130
ANT - $1570
Contributor Rewards- $10500
Flexible Rewards- $3500
Bounty Rewards- $1700
Coordinape- $300
Total- $16000

Contributor Rewards Sheet

4 Likes

Love your work community team. Thank you for clear reporting on you deliverables. Can you please include a summary of the total May funding to be paid with a link to the contributor rewards sheet.

2 Likes

Awesome ive added the break down. :slight_smile:

On a separate note, I just noticed a typo in the proposal. At the top when i break down the funds requested i requested 4000 for bounties. Then at the bottom when i broke it down i forgot to change it from 2000 to 4000 when i made that edit. I noticed in the Contributor rewards sheet it has the 2000 for bounties instead of the 4000. Not sure how we should handle this.

1 Like