Category: Executive Sub Dao
In the month of February we had roughly 670 people join the Discord wanting to get involved, learn, or just generally be a part of the community. Out of those 670 people, 15 percent contributed in the discord and 15 percent were still present after one weeks time leaving 570 people inactive in the Discord.
We believe there is the opportunity to grow the scale and participation of our community through a more rich set of cultural experiences for people to get involved. Our ambition is to increase beyond this 15% number.
This proposal and the deliverables it pursues aims to more fully activate new and existing members of Aragon through active conversation, events, and deeper levels of support and engagement to build a truly thriving community.
This proposal aims to secure funding for 4 months of operation of a small squad focused on creating an engaging community experience for people who are new to the DAO in the following monthly breakdown:
- Core Community Experience member static compensation of $14,000/ month (25% will be from the result of coordinape)
- Contributing Aragon Community Experience member dynamic compensation of $4000/ month
Note: Static compensation is a set amount each month for each core member. Dynamic compensation may vary from month to month based on Aragon’s needs and bounty work performed.
Our main areas of focus will be on engaging new community members and retaining that engagement through things such as discussion within the discord and other platforms, a detailed onboarding process for community members and contributors, a Mentor program to help newbies learn the ins and outs of the DAO and web3 working styles, and hosting events within the DAO to encourage and drive community engagement.
The Community Experience Squad will act as the first point of contact for most of the people, whether that be community member or contributor, entering the DAO. From greeting to enquiring about their interests to introducing them to valuable resources within the DAO. We are driven to create an engaging community for both contributors and community members alike. Other than being a first point of contact we are looking into different community events to help drive and retain engagement as well.
Onboarding (25-30 hours/week split between contributors) (defidragon, Shawn Cubbedge, Ayomide Arowolo, Aaron Lewis, Muhammed Yakub )
Objective: Optimize a formal Onboarding system for Contributors, Ambassadors, Community Members, Service Providers, and Product Testers organization wide.
- Collaborating weekly with Talent Scouts and Onboarding to address the specific needs of the Aragon guilds.
- Complete 2 New Joiner Call per Week
- Continuously iterate Onboarding Process
- Facilitate a frictionless experience for new contributors.
Deliverable: Build and maintain an onboarding process rated on average 8/10 by participants
Discussion (120 hours/week split among contributors, coinciding with other responsibilities) (Shawn Cubbedge, Ayomide Arowolo, Aaron Lewis, defidragon, Muhammed Yakub )
Objective: Drive conversation in Discord and Discourse
- Promote topic of the day/week to encourage discussion within the Discord
- Greet and engage with new joiners in the Intros and General Channels
- Connect community members with people and resources within the DAO.
- 1-on-1 follow up calls with new contributors
- Ensure ~1 hour response time to posts in Discord and Forum
Deliverable: Create a schedule for Community Experience Team so the Discord has coverage 6 days a week ~20 hours per day for greeting and new member orientation
Rituals and Events (40 Hours/Week split among contributors) (Shawn Cubbedge, Muhammed Yakub)
Objectives: Look for opportunities for Aragon to host events and create rituals that drive and retain engagement.
8 community based events per month to increase and retain community engagement.
- A bi-weekly Event centered around Meditation and Self-Care with Fabs.
- A bi-weekly event centered around tooling being used within the Aragon DAO and the broader ecosystem.
- Bi-Monthly Core Team and Contributors of Aragon get together and update.
- End of Season Jamboree
Create a template for Ambassadors to use for their own events. Then provide support up to and after the event to ensure they have all tools needed to be successful.
- Create a Template for event planning
- Answering questions related to Aragon products, services, DAOs and Web3
- Support facilitation of Ambassador led events
Deliverable: Increase community retention from 15% to 20% by end of Season 1
DAO Experts (15-20 hours/week split among contributors) (Ayomide Arowolo Shawn Cubbedge)
Objectives: Assist with the DAO Experts Project.
- Identify those who are coming in specifically for help setting up their DAO
- Set up a 1 on 1 to learn more about their needs
- Introduce them to the service providers that can help them
- Set up roles within Discord for our DAO Experts depending on their expertise to prevent foul play and show which Service Providers are endorsed by Aragon.
Deliverable: Create a funnel for DAOs who need assistance
Level1 and Catapult Updates and Upkeep (@Shawn Cubbedge)
- We will be putting finishing touches on both of these projects and working to keep them up to date with the evolving needs of the DAO.
Team Information & Value
- Community Experience Squad
- Shawnzywonzie#4546- A Cohort 1 Ambassador that has been involved with almost every major project within the DAO. 5 years of Project management experience. I recently completed the research and development phase of the onboarding proposal and am looking to further implement these changes in season 1.
- Blockchainlore#6080 is the founder of KnowtheBlocks Maven, Blockchain Educator and Developer, Cohort 3 Ambassador, Gitcoin Kernel Guide and a ConsenSys Academy graduate. Over 6 years as a community manager and two years as a blockchain educator with the I Read to Live Initiative and KBM. My team won the ETHGlobal 2021 Hackaton for the best use of Web3 Storage from IPFS and Filecoin.
- Iamcraftycarl#7867 is the founder of Craft The Future Community DAO and a 3rd Cohort Ambassador. They have 4+ years of leadership experience hailing from ABA Social Skills Coordinator, STEAM Educator / Mentor, and a professional storyteller. “I am just a kid growing and telling stories”- CARL
- Cdogg#1999 - 4 years recruiting, onboarding and leadership experience running my own meat-space business. Experience working with and continuously exploring optimal entity structures, with an emphasis of on-chain entities for both individuals and large groups.
- Shawn Cubbedge - (35-45 hours per week)
- Ayomide Arowolo - (25-35 hours per week)
- Aaron Lewis - (25-35 hours per week)
-defidragon - (25-35 hours per week)
Many people who come into the DAO are new to the space and if we can leave a lasting impression in their mind that can only reflect good on Aragon and help the space as a whole. Creating a thriving culture within the community is key in attracting and retain people and new talent to the DAO. If we can increase new member participation by just 5 percent that will be an extra 30 people per month actively participating in the DAO. By creating and driving conversation within the Discord, helping organize events, and helping teach our growing community, this will encourage new members to get involved and help Aragon step into the web3 ecosystem as a leader in adoption.
- Continuous decline in engagement from new community members to Aragon can affect the total output of the outlined objective activities and programs.
- Alignment with newer members may be difficult due to a lack of consistency in their workflow.
- Lack of cohesion in onboarding system between talent scouting, the DAO, and onboarding as it pertains to new joiners engaging in roles (community, contributors, product testers, ambassadors.)
- Confusion for new joiners in evolving period of the onboarding process
- The Sky is limit.
- Monthly forum updates for reporting, transparency, and review.
- Monthly Community Call for Community Feedback.
- Weekly Reporting Of hours and task progression.
- Notion Page for Reporting and progress.
- Build and maintain an onboarding process rated on average 8/10 by participants
- Coverage 6 days a week ~20 hours per day for greeting and new member orientation within the Discord.
- 8 community based events per month to increase and retain community engagement.
- Create funnel for DAOs needing assistance through our DAO Experts initiative
- Increase community retention from 15% to 20% by end of Season 1
- Event Template and Support for Ambassadors looking to host Meet-ups in their area.
This initiative will work with each working group and guild within the DAO to ensure we are onboarding people who will add value to their projects and the DAO as a whole. We are also focused on creating a positive community experience in order to increase and retain engagement within the Discord and other platforms. By creating a positive memorable first experience with new community members and contributors we are putting Aragon in the forefront of their mind. This will encourage new members to tell others about Aragon and the products we offer. We are also looking to increase the amount of events we are hosting to help Aragon step into its place as a thought leader in the Web3 space.
For static compensation the ESD will make direct transfers to wallet addresses below for core members conforming to the Aragon standard of distributions at the end of each month. 25% of each members compensation will be decided upon via coordinape circle in which the results will be delivered to the ESD at the end of each month. Total maximum disbursement per month of static compensation will be no more than $14,000 /month
For dynamic compensation, the ESD will make direct transfers to wallets of those who have completed bounties or assisted the Squad totaling no more than $4,000 / Month
Adding up the maximum possible disbursement would total $72,000.
- $5000/month split 70:30 (USDC:ANT)
- $3000/month split 70:30 (USDC:ANT)
Blockchainlore - 0x1add50d7e889ad676ed50d17930ee790d784713c