dGov proposes ANT holders approve changes to the Aragon Network DAO Charter in respect to the Aragon Network DAO Agreement S 2 (f) 2 a which currently reads
2. The Mutable Guidelines may be modified by:
a. Majority (more than 50% in favour) vote, with a minimum quorum of 0.5% of ANT
Holders. The ANT Holders must be notified of the suggested amendment through
reasonable means at least thirty (30) days before the beginning of the vote, and
the vote must be open for a minimum of fourteen (14) days for the community to
[Hemingway Grade 7 Readability]
We propose that ANT holders vote simply Yes or No on the following five (5) changes
- Y/N, reduce the quorum from 0.5% to 0.3%
- Y/N, reduce the notification period from 30 days to 21 days
- Y/N, reduce the notification period from 30 days to 14 days
- Y/N, reduce quorum only until delegates are officially established
- Y/N, reformat the specified text to Hemingway Grade 1 Readability
Proposed Aragon Network DAO Agreement
#. The Mutable Guidelines may be modified by
a. simple majority vote and
b. minimum quorum of [VOTE] % of ANT and
c. ANT holder notified of amendment by reasonable means and
d. notified at least [VOTE] days before the beginning of the vote, and
e. the vote must be open for a minimum of fourteen (14) days and
f. voting must be organised in Aragon Voice.
The rationale here is to enable ANT holders to effectively iterate the Charter to develop a document that is easier to read, understand and interact with. Current issues
1.Quorum: Historical engagement on proposals of <0.2% of the Network the DAO can not effectively iterate on the Charter, without ongoing and repeated support of major stakeholders
2. Attention: 44 days is a long time to request people’s attention
3. Ambiguity: interpretations of “majority” and “reasonable means” create ambiguity
4. Complexity: current alpha-numeric referencing of the charter is more complex than necessary
The official position of the compliance committee for a majority is
- vote shall be deemed as “passed” with a simple majority (>50%) of the
participating ANT having voted in favour.
- a vote to abstain does not count for quorum
The recommended interpretation of the compliance committee for “reasonable means” is
- “the prevailing social network platforms and communication tools used by the AN DAO community from time to time”
Public Notification & Feedback: As per the current Charter: The Argon Network DAO Agreement this proposal requires minimum 30 days public notification. Followed by a 14-day voting window.
Voting: The proposed date for voting to begin is 22 July 2022. We ask ANT holders to vote either Yes or No. No option for Abstain is offered as the Compliance Committee’s position is that a vote to abstain does not count for quorum.
Important ConsiderationsIF [**CIP 0**](https://forum.aragon.org/t/cip-0-goverance-proposal-historic-versioning/3583) passes the edits would be applied to [**Charter version 1.1.0**](https://github.com/aragon/network-dao-charter/releases/download/v1.1.0/network-dao-charter.pdf) Section 22 of Aragon Network Agreement one of several documents that together form the Charter. IF [**CIP 1**](https://forum.aragon.org/t/governance-proposal-edit-the-aragon-network-charter-to-be-tech-agnostic/3557) passes clause (f) specifying Aragon Voice would be removed.
1. What is our understanding of reasonable means can we simply state forum posts &/or something else to reduce ambiguity?
@eaglelex In my opinion we should intend “Reasonable means” as something like “the prevailing social network platforms and communication tools used by the AN DAO community from time to time”. It would clarify what is intended (e.g. Discord, Forum and Twitter), but without nominating them.
2. Thoughts on quorum + majority to pass changes to the charter?
The vote will be decided by the definition of “majority” advised by the Compliance Committee. To reduce ambiguity a definition will be published as part of the final version of this Proposal and will establish the precedent that dGov will look to uphold for consistency and governance legitimacy. Current compliance advice
3. What is a reasonable amount of time for this process?
4. Immutable Guidelines deserves its own conversation here
5. The lower quorum is proposed as a temporary measure and seeking input on when and how this should be increased in future.
For additional content please see Charter Updates - Discussion