Wanted to spin up a separate thread here to kick the conversation off around the changes to the charter that have come to the forefront during the discussion to transfer the Treasury to the AN DAO from the Aragon Association.
Over the past months a number of teams and members have provided feedback. I have tried to pull a list together that will not be exhaustive. You can see them highlight bellow, this is simply a summary others can be discussed as well:
- Changes to Quorum for Charter changes
- Addition of Delegate Voting
- Delegate voting rules
- DAO signer rules
- Tech Agnostic
- Additional SUB-DAO members
- Changes to Compensation for SUB-DAOs
- Limits on the Treasury Spend
- Consolidation of power within the Exec Sub-DAO
- Exec Sub-DAO doing too many functions (operations and grants)
- Voice Proposals that don’t include full text of the proposal (NB: forum posts can be edited and versioning of those posts is only accessible for forum administrators)
- Structure and definition of guilds and whether or not these should fall within a Sub-DAO or be independent
- Lack of a quarterly strategy defining what should be prioritised
- Lack of budget for spending
- AA team members or Sub-DAO committee members not being aligned on the proposal at the time it is made
- New guilds being formed or work undertaken by the community that has already been done by the AA
- The format and language of the document. It is exclusive and discriminatory by using complex and ambiguous phrasing. We cannot claim to be building the future of human centric DAOs and have as a foundational document something that requires substantial familiarity with legal contracts to comprehend. There are substantially more human-friendly versions - the examples here: Introducing The Graph Council, Welcome to ENS DAO - ENS Documentation, Gardens
- Staked ANT Voting
- Fair and open election process
These will probably all need there own separate threads of discussion if there are any other changes please add them bellow.
To kick start this though I would like to pick up on point One around the quorum needed for charter changes. At the moment it is set at 0.05% of the network which we have seen is much higher than the average participation that we have been achieving in votes >0.2%. During this period of charter changes I would propose the charter change quorum be set at 0.2% of the network. This will be set for the period of 6 months or >10% of the treasury being controlled by the DAO. This will allow for active research and changes to the charter to take place more smoothly.
At the the end of the defined time or when the DAO controls <10% of the treasury the new quorum should be set at 20% higher than the average voter participation in that period.
This is a large discussion and actual changes to the charter should be recorded in github cc @mheuer to allow for continuity of versions.
I would like to put the first changes to vote by the 23rd of May at the latest.