→ Cannot find transaction path for executing action

Trying to get agent setup on rinkeby. Installed the app with no problems, but receiving this error message when creating permissions.

$ dao acl create <your organization name> <your agent app address> EXECUTE_ROLE <your voting app address> <your voting app address> --environment aragon:rinkeby

⠏ Executing createPermission on shenanigan.aragonid.eth
  ✖ Executing createPermission on shenanigan.aragonid.eth
  → Cannot find transaction path for executing action
  ✖ Cannot find transaction path for executing action

Any ideas what this means?

1 Like

hey @youngkidwarrior

these errors can be really frustrating to debug as there is a number of potential reasons for it.
the first thing i would suggest is to

• ensure the account the CLI is using to send the transaction has a token in the DAO. If the account you use for the CLI also loaded into metamask, you can see in the DAOs tokens page if you have a token or not. You can then export your private key and place it in the rinkeby_key.json file within the ~/.aragon folder
  • double-check all the addresses are correct

If you are still having trouble dm me here or on telegram @AaronFoster. we can jump on a video call and work through it together

Ah. No ~/.aragon folder was created. Maybe that

that will be it then :slight_smile:

• in your terminal run aragon devchain
  • when it is running stop it with Control+c
  • a new folder will have been created ~/.aragon
  • inside that folder create a file called rinkeby_key.json
  • paste in the following adding your private key inside the quotes
{                                                                                                                                                                                                              
     "rpc": "https://rinkeby.eth.aragon.network",                                  
     "keys": ["YOUR_PRIVATE_KEY"]                        
} 

then run
dao acl create <your organization name> <your agent app address> EXECUTE_ROLE <your voting app address> <your voting app address> --environment aragon:rinkeby

if you want to use the CLI on mainnet, copy rinkeby_key.json and name it mainnet_rinkeby.json

This is fine for testing but I prefer to use frame to sign transactions with aragonCLI, you can add many keys to frame and use your hardware wallet which is far more secure than storing an unencrypted key on your computer. you can download frame here

2 Likes

Yea, I am using frame :slight_smile: thanks for your help on this

Any time! If you have any more issues ping me :slight_smile:

@Aaron I was trying to follow these instructions but I did not get a folder called /.aragon. Any thing I am doing wrong? Ran aragon devchain in node.js. Thanks.