- I wanted to buy a house in London
- COVID happens
- World shifts online
- Realizing that buying and island surrounded by nature is way more exciting
- Put together a webstite: https://basexisland.com
- And a pitch deck: https://basexisland.com/deck
- And a primary customer: company retreats for high performing teams
It is still work in progress. I do not own the island yet. It is “presale, proposal, pitchdeck” but totally withing reason…
INSPIRATION: Flow Genome Project video: https://vimeo.com/119088798
I was on the call with the other guys - doing market research - saw your logo on the website:
I’m inviting you to come to the island.
I’m inviting you to make a prepayment to make it happen.
I’m inviting you to stay for 2 weeks.
Why 2 weeks?
- the nearest airport is in Tallinn (capital of Estonia), it’s not super easy to get on the island
- medical authorities suggest 2 weeks quarantine. So if we all get infected on day 1, by the end all cleared
There are still many moving parts, many unknowns. I’m starting cashflow first, have some experiences from my church - astralship.org - and I was too focused on the mission “heal the planet” whilst sacrificing/forgetting that companies do not run on karma or good vibes.
14 days * 50 people * $300 per day * 50% super-duper-prepayment-discount = $115.5k
That’s more than 1/10 of the asking price for the island.
I’m hoping this post is not too much shill. I’m offering a sensible option, something you are already buying, being totally tranparent, open source, antifragile.
Book a call: https://calendly.com/marsxr/basex or simply discuss on this thread…
Open to feedback, comments, recommendations.