Aragon Network Vote #2 Megathread

Update 2019-04-27: Aragon Network Vote #2 is now over! See the Final results from Aragon Network Vote #2 blog post for details.

I’m creating the megathread for the next vote now and will begin collecting relevant links and information here. You can also use this thread to ask any questions about the upcoming vote.

In addition to using this thread for discussions, we will also use the Aragon Governance page on the Wiki as the “single source of truth” for all important Aragon Governance Proposal (AGP) information and voting announcements. Any important updates will be linked there as soon as they’re announced through other official channels. So when in doubt, you can always check that page and have the most up-to-date info about the vote.

The AGPs repo will still be used for submitting AGPs and used as a historical archive of AGPs and Aragon Association review votes, but the wiki will be the main place to look if there are any questions about what the most up-to-date information is about an upcoming vote.

Important dates for the next Aragon Network Vote

These dates may change if an emergency delay is approved by the Aragon Association Board of Directors. Check the Aragon Governance page on the Wiki to confirm if you have any doubts.

Aragon Network Vote #2

• Proposals for this vote are due, Aragon Association review begins: 2019-04-11 at 16:00 UTC

• Aragon Association review ends, final community review begins: 2019-04-18 at 16:00 UTC

• Aragon Network Vote #2 begins: 2019-04-25 at 16:00 UTC

• Aragon Network Vote #2 ends, final results announced: 2019-04-27 at 16:00 UTC

We have created a new, low-volume voting alerts mailing list for people who want to be notified of important announcements regarding Aragon Network votes. Subscribers will receive an email alert (1) if there is an emergency rescheduling of the vote, (2) when final details about the next vote are published, (3) when the vote starts, and (4) when the final results of the vote are published.

You can sign up for the voting alerts mailing list here.

For your reference

Here are some important links to be aware of pertaining to the AGP process:

Any questions?

Leave a comment below and let’s discuss!

11 Likes

Proposals approved by the Aragon Association review, now going on the final ballot for Aragon Network Vote #2 (ANV-2)

Rejected by the Aragon Association review:

7 Likes

Thanks! We (PanAragon) are looking forward to feedback - we received some, but would like to iron out the proposal based on this. Please community consider some minutes to do so, we’ll do the same.

Hey @light!

Thanks for the kind reminder.

We’ve just received feedback from the AA so we’re gonna update the proposal tomorrow and submit our AGP this week-end!

2 Likes

Request to pin this thread!

1 Like

this topic is pinned globally, thanks for the suggestion

2 Likes

More proposals / AGP ideas added to post #2 on this thread.

Further AGP ANV#2 Proposal:

1 Like

A message to all AGP authors

If you have not submitted your AGP to the AGPs repo yet, please do! You can find instructions for doing so here if you are unfamiliar. Then let the AGP editors know when your proposal has been finalized and you would like to submit it for final review by the Aragon Association. The deadline to finalize and submit your proposal is 16:00 April 11th. Proposals not finalized at this time will not be submitted for review.

4 Likes

Hi @light we submitted a Nest proposal on Tuesday - after @LouisGrx feedback that we should try for a smaller proposal. I’m curious to know if we submitted it to the wrong place or what.
Also, our Flock was not declined - just got the suggestion. Should we submit both to the AGP?
Tagging the team to follow up @ana_akropolis.io @ilgiz.akropolis

Noticed our proposal was taken down here, but it was not rejected, see @LouisGrx’s feedback over here .
We even submitted a new one just in case - AGP Proposal - PanAragon stage 1 - Scaling and R&D of real world usecases

Hey @mariapaulafn!
Thanks for asking, so indeed we’ll be closing your PR for the Flock proposal. As for the Nest proposal, it should be first submitted in the issue tab of the Nest repo so we can discuss it and approve/reject it. If it gets approved you would be able to create a PR as a request for funding. Also, please note that Nest grants aren’t subject to a submission deadline like the AGP vote (which is 16:00 UTC today!!). So you can take as much time as necessary to submit it.

Hope I answered your questions :slight_smile:! I’m around if needed

2 Likes

Hey! thank you!
We did submit but as PR - submitting now to issues.
It was a bit confusing because we saw Native’s feedback and the rejection and reasons for it - so we didnt know how to proceed.
I guess it makes sense to continue perfecting the Flock for July and then wait for this Nest - am i wrong to assume this?

Sorry if the flow to submit proposals is a bit confusing, we’ll work on that.
I cannot give you guidelines on what you should do, but this makes sense!

1 Like

Hi all, just came to plug my proposal that I just submitted as a pull request on the AGPs repo. Looking forward to seeing the power of onchain governance in action!

2 Likes

LOL &Welcome Ameen,
This is gonna be a doozy - cat/pigeons :wave:

Seriously tho’ - good to see you here - props

I gotta say, as weird as this process is, it’s certainly not boring.

6 Likes

Greetings Planet Aragon,

Super excited to propose Edgeware Lockdrop participation - lots of similar values (We focus on on-chain protocol governance) and we’re built on Substrate too.

See the language of the proposal here.

Discuss the proposal and ask any questions about Edgeware in the forum thread.

View the Quantstamp audit of the lockdrop contract in question.

1 Like

Hey doods, basic question. I tend to get lost in all of the Aragon docs. Can someone direct me to something that will tell me how to vote?

1 Like