Aragon MVP User Stories

The original Aragon development plan has evolved since it’s conception by @jorge and @luis . We’ll share an updated roadmap with the community for comment later this quarter (4Q18).

These user stories represent a vision for the Aragon Minimal Viable Product (MVP). The list stays true to the original Aragon roadmap. It’s intended to represent a minimum set of features required to run a functional DAO.

Please provide feedback and ask questions in the comments!

User Categories:

• User - An individual interacting with the Aragon App
  • Organization - An individual or group that is administering a DAO
  • Power User - An individual user with strong technical capabilities creating and using DAOs
  • Developer - An individual who is developing new applications that leverage Aragon’s infrastructure

1. Permissions

• As an organization I want to add, modify and delete permissions that control my DAO’s resources, throughout my DAO’s lifecycle
    • As an organization or user I want to visualize who can control a DAO’s resources
  2. Token Manager

• As an organization I want to assign DAO-specific tokens to users
    • As an organization I want to reclaim DAO-specific tokens from users
    • As an organization I want my DAO’s membership to be comprised of users who hold the DAO-specific tokens
    • As an organization I want to prevent the DAO-specific tokens from being transferred by DAO-specific token holders
    • As an organization I want to view the total supply of my DAO-specific tokens
    • As an organization I want to view the allocation of the DAO-specific tokens among my DAO’s membership
  3. Finance

• As an organization I want secure storage for my DAO’s ETH and tokens
    • As an organization I want to view my DAO’s ETH and token balances
    • As an organization I want to transfer ETH and tokens to and from my DAO
    • As an organization or user I want to view a list of past ETH and token transfers
  4. Voting

• As an organization I want to create and open a vote to allow my DAO’s membership to make a decision about the organization’s operation
    • As a user I want to cast a vote
    • As a user I want to see if I have cast a vote and if I have, how I voted
    • As a user I want to be able to change my vote, if the vote is open
    • As an organization or user I want to see a list of open and closed votes
    • As an organization or user I want to see the status of closed votes
    • As an organization or user I want to see a vote’s status, quorum, description, creator and progress (for open votes)
  5. Settings

• As an organization or user I want to see my DAO’s Ethereum address and what network it’s deployed on
    • As an organization or user I want to see what apps are installed in my DAO
    • As an organization I want to have an option to configure the Ethereum and IPFS nodes my DAO connects to
    • As an organization or user I want to have an option to clear my application’s cache, e.g. for troubleshooting purposes
  6. aragonCLI

• As a developer I want to be able to create a new Aragon app from a boilerplate
    • As a developer I want to run my app within a DAO while I develop my app, using a kit to setup the interaction with other apps
    • As a developer I want to publish new versions of my app to APM and see the published versions of my app
    • As a power user I want to inspect my DAO (see installed apps and permissions) and interact with my DAO from the command line (performing actions, installing and upgrading apps and changing permissions)