Aragon MVP User Stories

The original Aragon development plan has evolved since it’s conception by @jorge and @luis . We’ll share an updated roadmap with the community for comment later this quarter (4Q18).

These user stories represent a vision for the Aragon Minimal Viable Product (MVP). The list stays true to the original Aragon roadmap. It’s intended to represent a minimum set of features required to run a functional DAO.

Please provide feedback and ask questions in the comments!

User Categories:

• User - An individual interacting with the Aragon App
  • Organization - An individual or group that is administering a DAO
  • Power User - An individual user with strong technical capabilities creating and using DAOs
  • Developer - An individual who is developing new applications that leverage Aragon’s infrastructure

1. Permissions

• As an organization I want to add, modify and delete permissions that control my DAO’s resources, throughout my DAO’s lifecycle
    • As an organization or user I want to visualize who can control a DAO’s resources
  2. Token Manager

• As an organization I want to assign DAO-specific tokens to users
    • As an organization I want to reclaim DAO-specific tokens from users
    • As an organization I want my DAO’s membership to be comprised of users who hold the DAO-specific tokens
    • As an organization I want to prevent the DAO-specific tokens from being transferred by DAO-specific token holders
    • As an organization I want to view the total supply of my DAO-specific tokens
    • As an organization I want to view the allocation of the DAO-specific tokens among my DAO’s membership
  3. Finance

• As an organization I want secure storage for my DAO’s ETH and tokens
    • As an organization I want to view my DAO’s ETH and token balances
    • As an organization I want to transfer ETH and tokens to and from my DAO
    • As an organization or user I want to view a list of past ETH and token transfers
  4. Voting

• As an organization I want to create and open a vote to allow my DAO’s membership to make a decision about the organization’s operation
    • As a user I want to cast a vote
    • As a user I want to see if I have cast a vote and if I have, how I voted
    • As a user I want to be able to change my vote, if the vote is open
    • As an organization or user I want to see a list of open and closed votes
    • As an organization or user I want to see the status of closed votes
    • As an organization or user I want to see a vote’s status, quorum, description, creator and progress (for open votes)
  5. Settings

• As an organization or user I want to see my DAO’s Ethereum address and what network it’s deployed on
    • As an organization or user I want to see what apps are installed in my DAO
    • As an organization I want to have an option to configure the Ethereum and IPFS nodes my DAO connects to
    • As an organization or user I want to have an option to clear my application’s cache, e.g. for troubleshooting purposes
  6. aragonCLI

• As a developer I want to be able to create a new Aragon app from a boilerplate
    • As a developer I want to run my app within a DAO while I develop my app, using a kit to setup the interaction with other apps
    • As a developer I want to publish new versions of my app to APM and see the published versions of my app
    • As a power user I want to inspect my DAO (see installed apps and permissions) and interact with my DAO from the command line (performing actions, installing and upgrading apps and changing permissions)

I’ve been searching for a roadmap but to not avail!

You @chris mention posting an updated one in Q4 (which is will be behind us in two weeks time) could we please have some info on this? thanks :slight_smile:

@jorge how come you unlisted this post?

Hi @autonomous

If you have been following the project closely you may have noticed some interesting processes that we have put in place that impact how the project is directed. In particular Flock and AGP1.

These processes grant significant authority over the project’s governance to ANT holders, and as a result in order to publish an official roadmap it makes sense to leverage those processes. With that in mind I think the closest thing to a roadmap for Aragon One which is available right now is the recently published Flock Proposal, assuming this proposal is approved by ANT holders in the next vote I would consider those items on the official roadmap along with other items which may also go through the process.

Hope that helps provide some clarity, and would love to hear any feedback you have on the flock proposal!