Aragon Meditation Group

Would like to propose starting a meditation group for the Aragon community :eagle::yin_yang:

A few weeks ago Sam Harris’s meditation app Waking Up released a new feature that allow users to create groups to meditate together sharing their group with friends and colleagues.

In my personal experience meditation is a super useful tool and all the people that I shared this habit with have had told me they feel better after doing it for some time. I believe that having this group running will further help us to keep achieving our goals and create new bonding with each other.

There are a couple of settings that we should figure out in case you think this is a good idea:

I have created a couple of polls to figure those out :raised_hands:

How many days a week?

• 1 day a week
  • 3 days a week
  • 5 days a week
  • all days

0 voters

At what time (CEST)?

• 12:00
  • 13:00
  • 14:00
  • 15:00
  • 16:00
  • 17:00
  • 18:00
  • 19:00

0 voters

How much time?

• 5 minutes
  • 10 minutes
  • 15 minutes
  • 20 minutes

0 voters

Note: If you don’t have an account and join a group you will get 30 day free on the app subscription. Also, if you are not able to pay the subscription they give it for free in those cases.

7 Likes

I was going to suggest doing some community meditation but you beat me to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the idea behind this. I’ve tried meditation a few times over the year but never stuck to it long enough to get much benefit.

How does “group meditation” work in a remote context?

2 Likes

I’ll wait for a whole week to see if we have higher consensus over the initial setup.

@Aaron this is a whole new way to meditate for me as well. As I understand the app I mentioned have this new feature that allow you to create a group and people can join that group. Then every time a couple of minutes before the meditation start you receive a notification and you can see who else appear to meditate with you.

I think the value relays on have accountability with the group and helping each other to make it an habit, that I personally find it’s difficult to keep consistently

2 Likes

I’m in . Let’s get this started and see where it goes. I meditate normally first thing in the morning, but a second session in the middle of the day can be a good idea to take a step back from the hectic life and remember that we have a body and we can pay attention to it as Sam likes to suggest.

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback!

I just create a new group that will be available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5pm CEST starting tomorrow.

Here is the link to join the group:

https://app.wakingup.com/groups/e8193d

Note: I choose the 3 days at will but if someone have a better arrange please share it :+1:

3 Likes

I know that some of you will be eager to try meditation, you might even be experimenting with it now anyway. For those of you that are hesitant, or think it’s dumb, or too “new age” airy fairy for them, I’m going to convince you otherwise.

People have used meditation for thousands of years in the quest to find inner peace and harmony. All the major religions use it in their teachings. Meditation:

• Improves concentration
  • Increases self-awareness
  • Empowers us to combat stress by helping us relax and cope

For years I have taken anxiety medication like https://onlineapotheek.co/product-categorie/angst/. However I do not need them anymore since I started meditating.

3 Likes