Aragon Meditation Group

Would like to propose starting a meditation group for the Aragon community :eagle::yin_yang:

A few weeks ago Sam Harris’s meditation app Waking Up released a new feature that allow users to create groups to meditate together sharing their group with friends and colleagues.

In my personal experience meditation is a super useful tool and all the people that I shared this habit with have had told me they feel better after doing it for some time. I believe that having this group running will further help us to keep achieving our goals and create new bonding with each other.

There are a couple of settings that we should figure out in case you think this is a good idea:

I have created a couple of polls to figure those out :raised_hands:

How many days a week?

• 1 day a week
  • 3 days a week
  • 5 days a week
  • all days

0 voters

At what time (CEST)?

• 12:00
  • 13:00
  • 14:00
  • 15:00
  • 16:00
  • 17:00
  • 18:00
  • 19:00

0 voters

How much time?

• 5 minutes
  • 10 minutes
  • 15 minutes
  • 20 minutes

0 voters

Note: If you don’t have an account and join a group you will get 30 day free on the app subscription. Also, if you are not able to pay the subscription they give it for free in those cases.

7 Likes

I was going to suggest doing some community meditation but you beat me to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the idea behind this. I’ve tried meditation a few times over the year but never stuck to it long enough to get much benefit.

How does “group meditation” work in a remote context?

2 Likes

I’ll wait for a whole week to see if we have higher consensus over the initial setup.

@Aaron this is a whole new way to meditate for me as well. As I understand the app I mentioned have this new feature that allow you to create a group and people can join that group. Then every time a couple of minutes before the meditation start you receive a notification and you can see who else appear to meditate with you.

I think the value relays on have accountability with the group and helping each other to make it an habit, that I personally find it’s difficult to keep consistently

2 Likes

I’m in . Let’s get this started and see where it goes. I meditate normally first thing in the morning, but a second session in the middle of the day can be a good idea to take a step back from the hectic life and remember that we have a body and we can pay attention to it as Sam likes to suggest.

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback!

I just create a new group that will be available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5pm CEST starting tomorrow.

Here is the link to join the group:

https://app.wakingup.com/groups/e8193d

Note: I choose the 3 days at will but if someone have a better arrange please share it :+1:

3 Likes