Aragon dTech Season 1 Funding Proposal

i really think we should get legal in on this = @Tayy or @eaglelex or @lion917 want to weigh in?

all i know is that from the people i’m working on next steps with it appears to be sufficient… the tokens themselves become part of a legal entity, and that means that if i choose to use something like c14.money to trade the tokens on VISA to grab some fiat I should be on the right side of the law.

perhaps when the next aragon app thing comes out we can do some host-the-party with lawyers and get some grindier reviews?

Thanks @fartunov for the question, my answer directly on the Notion page.

@ronald_k Hello Ser,

we’ve been working some “legal wrapper” work, however thusfar only @fartunov has really provided a thoughtful critique (which i genuinely appreciate). Frankly all of his points are pretty interesting, however I don’t feel competent to respond.

Could you help us out here? the way things are organized presently

Aragon - provides tokens and governance model
Gnosis - creates a multisig wallet that interacts with Otoco
Otoco - provides the LLC and signs it with the Gnosis vault as the “main signature”
Otoco - imports the token contract from Aragon as the “shares” of the LLC

my interpretation of this is that the functional aspects of the DAO could then be regulated within the Delaware LLC, however I am still not a lawyer™

1 Like

Hey, thought I would weigh in here since I’m from OtoCo and can probably speak on some of the technical and legal limitations.

As @alibama said, it’s pretty difficult to “wrap” a DAO in its entirety. It’s possible sometimes, with very small DAOs.

But Aragon and OtoCo can work together to bring entity management to web3. Here’s one idea:

Let’s say Example DAO of 4 people creates an OtoCo LLC (via multisig for low trust or single sig if you have plenty of trust).

LLC can have its “shares” be a certain Aragon governance token and all holders are considered members of the LLC. So you’re a member of Example DAO, and you’re also a member of Example LLC.

Now, for LLCs to add members, make big commercial decisions, remove members, acquire assets, etc. these things often require consensus among members. All of that consensus could be reached on Aragon (or any other DAO management platform). So what you’re left with is an OtoCo LLC where Owner/Shareholder Meetings, Member Voting, Meeting Minutes, etc, is done via Aragon instead of paper, pen, and zoom meetings.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification Michael - it is really helpful!
My previous understanding was that the Example LLC members are the multisig signers, not the token holders and those two groups are not necessarily the same.

Deliverables

@lee0007 @daniel-ospina @fartunov

  1. All user support tickets replied to within 16 hours and resolved within 24 hours - Completed Monthly
    • Actual first response time is 11 hours 45 minutes
    • Actual resolution time is 32 hours
  2. Documentation translated into a minimum of two languages. - In Progress
    • Spanish and French has been chosen as the first two languages
    • AI translation is completed and Spanish native speaker overview is done and French is in progress involving community members
  3. Close communication with development and product teams for Zaragoza, meeting milestones for documentation and preparing for QA. - In Progress
    • Developed guides for the Aragon App in conjunction with Harry and Product Marketing
  4. Provide communication and transparency to the satisfactory of other guilds at Aragon - Completed Monthly
    • Delegation transparency page here.
  5. Have tangible results from collaboration with “like services” guilds in other communities - In Progress
  6. Bi weekly call transparency and auto transcription - In Progress
  7. Increase contributor engagement having at least 3 long term active contributors - In Progress
    • Retained 2 long term contributors
  8. Set backup delegations which shadow other delegated roles within the guild - Completed

Additional deliverables

  • Polygon priority fee fix in alignment with the development team.
  • Fixed broken explorer link on Voice
  • Google blacklist problem help
  • Using Dework and keeping up to date with new developments, functionalities and features to prepare for DAOwide adoption - Ongoing

Finished bounties

  1. Community review Tech Doc. III Part Dev. (CLI) 1/2 (DTG.P2.M5.N2)
  2. Community review Tech Doc. III Part Dev. 2/2 (CLI) (DTG.P2.M5.N3)
  3. Importing Tech Doc. V Part Dev. - Apps, API, ACL, UI (DTG.P2.M5.N6)
  4. Walk a client through building a DAO for Otoco integration (DTG.P1.M5.N7)
  5. Recreating/ Debugging Tech Doc. IV Part Dev (Govern + Vocdoni) (DTG.P2.M5.N8)
  6. Creating Visual Docs (DTG.P1.M5.N10)
  7. June Team Development (DTG.P1.M6.N31)
  8. Fast check Tech Doc. V Part Dev. - Apps, API, ACL, UI (DTG.P2.M6.N348)
  9. AI Translation Fundamentals + Aragon Client Docs into Español (DTG.P2.M6.N38)
  10. AI Translation Fundamentals + Aragon Client Docs into French (DTG.P2.M6.N40)

Funding Request

  • USDC 90% Total - $18.369
  • ANT 10% Total - $2,041
  • Amount Core Contributor compensation $10,500
  • Amount Flexible Rewards $3,500
  • Amount Bounty Rewards $6,410

See detailed financials here.

Thank you to everyone involved. I am available for any questions and am able to provide any additional details that may be requested.

3 Likes

1/3 approved

Love your guys super clear, simple reporting thank you 2/3 approved cc @Ricktik6

Thank you Spectra and dTech team, great work and exemplary reporting!

I understood there is a migration going on from Helpscout to HubSpot’s ticketing system which is a substantial initiative worth mentioning?

I had a chat on this with @brent.

  • The notion space provides no rationale for choosing these languages
  • What is your best estimate of a metric to determine whether it is worth allocating further resources towards multilanguage efforts to avoid sunk cost situation where we go “oh well we have some documents now in Spanish, let’s keep translating”, and start offering support and start a blog and a separate telegram and so on and so on without a validation if there is actual need

Please link the respective spaces where this progress is documented

Contingent on responding to the above I give my support for release of funding 3/3.

Another discussion with @brent is that since Season 0 one of the objectives of the guild was to professionalize the support role. We are nearing the end of season 1 and this is still not live. I understand there is some consensus and understanding across current guild members about process and scope but having this documented is still lacking:

  • which type of questions does support answer and what requests are outside of its scope
  • which types of questions are escalated or handed over to other guilds or directed to external resources

e.g. (my examples might be completely off-base, but they are here to illustrate the point)

  • Someone comes and asks to connect a Gnosis Safe to a Client based DAO?
  • Someone has a problem with their Client DAO and we have determined the problem is with the Polygon network, how do we proceed?
  • Someone comes enquiring about conviction voting or NFT-based census

For these past two seasons to be considered a successful experiment and to have confidence in the Main DAO funding, the guild should be able to demonstrate some professionalization of the function

The notion space provides no rationale for choosing these languages

Not sure why we are discussing this in the forum. I thought we resolved this on a call we had when I gave you a link to a notion page on the rationale for choosing these languages that you had already commented on June 3rd and I also explained the move to go to Spanish with you which you then understood. What you did point out is that the conclusion to our findings could be explained a little better, I updated the notion page for this… https://www.notion.so/aragonorg/User-Tech-docs-Translation-7fcb376f892d4413a2833be479fb50ae

  • What is your best estimate of a metric to determine whether it is worth allocating further resources towards multilanguage efforts to avoid sunk cost situation where we go “oh well we have some documents now in Spanish, let’s keep translating”, and start offering support and start a blog and a separate telegram and so on and so on without a validation if there is actual need

This proposal says nothing about allocating further resources or to keep translating, it only says two languages will be translated, end of story. The decision to move forward with a language past documentation is a separate discussion that is out of scope of this report. I have never heard anything about an Aragon blog or Telegram in another language.

Thank you for the clarification - much appreciated!

Also to make it crystal clear, the update happened yesterday (after the statement to which you are responding) although our discussion referred took place on 28th of June

I don’t think this is fair at all compared to what dTech set out to do since its inception last year and dTech is far beyond an experimentation phase. Professionalism is definitely not the word to use here. Writing down what requests are outside of dTech’s scope is important, but a reason for the DAO to not have confidence in the dTech team after all the progress they have made is brutal.

dTech is a passionate and driven team that has consistently executed on many initiatives with success, provides solutions not problems, brings a huge amount of value for the DAO… and has room for improvement like updating the Notion page to have a note about dTech’s support scope.

2 Likes

To clarify, as it seems my message is poorly perceived.
I am not saying dTech is not doing a good job, I am saying that defining the scope in a transparent and replicable manner is an essential deliverable we want to see. It will empower other guilds within Aragon and the web3 space to replicate the dTech success.
The entire industry is an experiment, the AN DAO is an experiment, not sure why the word experiment would call negative associations. Being aware of the experimental nature of our work provides a safer space for us to recognize when we make mistakes and be open and transparent about those.

Also for the sake of transparency towards the dTech team. One of the reasons for having such structure and clarity around the scope of work is the idea for the guild to potentially start offering support services to other DAOs from way back when

3 Likes

July End of Season Report

@lee0007 @daniel-ospina @fartunov

Approved Funding

  • $88,000 of total funds to be spent

Final Expenditure

  • $56,000 Core contributor funds spent - Saved $8,000
  • $22,670 Flexible funds spent with 36 bounties - Saved $1,330
  • Total: $78,670 spent of $88,000 - Saved $9,330

Original deliverables

  1. All user support tickets replied to within 16 hours and resolved within 24 hours - Completed Monthly
    • Actual first response time is 22 hours 11 minutes
    • Actual resolution time is 39 hours
  2. Documentation translated into a minimum of two languages. - Completed 20/7/2022
    • Both Spanish and French native speaker overview is done involving community members and the translations are live.
  3. Close communication with development and product teams for Zaragoza, meeting milestones for documentation and preparing for QA. - Ongoing
    • Developed guides for the Aragon App in conjunction with Harry and Product Marketing
  4. Provide communication and transparency to the satisfactory of other guilds at Aragon - Completed Monthly
    • Delegation transparency page here.
  5. Have tangible results from collaboration with “like services” guilds in other communities - Completed Monthly
    • dGov proposal
    • Decentralized ceramic and spruceID
  6. Bi weekly call transparency and auto transcription - In Progress
    • Call transparency - Completed
    • Auto Transcription - In Progress (have not found an auto transcription tools to deal with the variety of mics, sound settings, accents, etc. in such a diverse community)
  7. Increase contributor engagement having at least 3 long term active contributors - Completed 31/7/2022
    • Retained 3 long term contributors (aakansha#9163, tony.stark#5145, Camel Pavel#1004)
  8. Set backup delegations which shadow other delegated roles within the guild - Completed Monthly

Additional deliverables

  • Completing the review of and integrating developer documentation into GitBook so both user and developer documentation are in the same format
  • Defining technical support scope with an infographic shown on our WIKI page.
  • Using Dework and collaborating with the Dework team, keeping up to date with new developments, functionalities and features to prepare for DAOwide adoption - Ongoing
  • Evaluating third party integrations for further collaboration here.

Finished bounties

  1. Testing UX (User Experience) dTech Support (DTG.P1.M3.N1) - Completed
  2. Proofread Tech Docs Part 1 (Fundamentals + Client)- Native English Review (DTG.P2.M4.N2) - Completed
  3. Tech Doc. II Part (Govern/Voice/Vocdoni/Court) - Native English Review (DTG.P2.M4.N3) - Completed
  4. Review Docs Aragon Govern, Court, Voice, Vocdoni (DTG.P2.M3.N3) - Completed
  5. Review Docs Aragon Govern, Court, Voice, Vocdoni (DTG.P2.M3.N4) - Completed
  6. Recreating/ Debugging Tech Doc. III Part Dev. (CLI) - (DTG.P2.M4.N1) - Completed
  7. Importing Tech Doc. III and IV Part Dev (Govern + Vocdoni) (DTG.P2.M5.N5) - Completed
  8. May contributor support training (DTG.P2.M5.N1) - Completed
  9. June Team Development (DTG.P1.M6.N31) - Completed
  10. Humanode integration with Aragon (P1.M2.N1) - Completed
  11. Creating Visual Docs (DTG.P1.M5.N10) - Completed
  12. Community review Tech Doc. III Part Dev. (CLI) 1/2 (DTG.P2.M5.N2) - Completed
  13. Community review Tech Doc. III Part Dev. (CLI) 2/2 (DTG.P2.M5.N3) - Completed
  14. Recreating/ Debugging Tech Doc. IV Part Dev (Govern + Vocdoni) (DTG.P2.M5.N8) - Completed
  15. Fast check Tech Doc. V Part Dev. - Apps, API, ACL, UI (DTG.P2.M6.N348) - Completed
  16. AI Translation Fundamentals + Aragon Client Docs into Español (DTG.P2.M6.N38) - Completed
  17. AI Translation Fundamentals + Aragon Client Docs into French (DTG.P2.M6.N40) - Completed
  18. Walk a client through building a DAO for Otoco integration (DTG.P1.M5.N7) - Completed
  19. Importing Tech Doc. V Part Dev. - Apps, API, ACL, UI (DTG.P2.M5.N6) - Completed
  20. July Team Development (DTG.P1.M7.N473) - Completed
  21. Creating Visual Docs - VideoGIF (DTG.P2.M6.N37) - Completed
  22. Proofread Tech Doc. III Part Dev. - (CLI) - Native English Review (DTG.P2.M5.N4) - Completed
  23. Review/ Test Tech Doc. IV Part Dev (Govern + Vocdoni) (DTG.P2.M5.N9) - Completed
  24. Proofread Tech Doc. IV Part Dev. (Govern + Vocdoni) - Native English Review (DTG.P2.M6.N4) - Completed
  25. Aragon Client Apps review (DTG.P2.M6.N35) - Completed by 14/08/2022
  26. Native speaker Translation Fundamentals + Aragon Client Docs into Español (DTG.P2.M6.N39) - Completed
  27. Native speaker Translation Fundamentals + Aragon Client Docs into French (DTG.P2.M6.N41) - Completed
  28. Creating Visual Docs - VideoGIF ‘How to add a testnet on MetaMask wallet’ (DTG.P2.M7.N478)- Completed by 14/08/2022
  29. Producing ‘Showing Around Aragon Client’ Video (DTG.P1.M6.N475)- Completed by 14/08/2022
  30. Presenting ‘Showing Around Aragon Client’ Video (DTG.P1.M6.N476) - Completed
  31. Thorough test/ review of new App: https://staging-app.aragon.org/ (DTG.P1.M7.N495)- Completed by 14/08/2022
  32. Create dTech Reporting Template MVP (DTG.P1.M7.N497)- Completed by 14/08/2022
  33. Create dTech Reporting Template Prototype PoC (DTG.P1.M7.N498)- Completed by 14/08/2022
  34. Producing ‘How to Create a Legal Wrapper’ Video (DTG.P1.M6.N405)- Completed by 14/08/2022
  35. Create dTech Reporting Template Prototype (DTG.P1.M7.N496)- Completed by 14/08/2022

See detailed financials here.

Thank you to everyone involved. I am available for any questions and am able to provide any additional details that may be requested.

A version of this report with more statistics is here.

1 Like

Hey

The wiki link seems to be broken

Looks great! Approval awaiting a summary report of Final Expenditure as per the EOS reporting template here

@lee0007 thank you for reminding me using the correct EOS report format. I have tried my best to conform as the dTech Guild executed 35 bounties in Season 1. I have edited the post, please have a look at your convenience and let me know if it is missing anything else.
@daniel-ospina I have checked all links and they are all working from my end, thanks for pointing out the problem with the WIKI link. Please let me know if you still see it as broken.

1 Like

Wow, great to have this summary and to see the extent of the technical documentation work undertaken. You guys fulfil a mission-critical role for Aragon and the DAO
Keep being Gold 1/3 approved

2 Likes

2/3 approved!

I love the bounties report although it also looks like a lot of work. Would be great if someone had an idea for a less time-consuming way to do it. hmmmm…

cc @Ricktik6

2 Likes

@daniel-ospina Funny you mentioned that… we are working on a way to automatically grab this stuff and put it into a nice report. Something other guilds could possibly use if it works out. Nothing official, just trying to save ourselves some time and make it a clean process.

3 Likes