Aragon dTech Season 1 Funding Proposal

Proposal Summary:

A proposal created via group effort including @brent @Carla78 @SpectraCryptoVerse anson parker#4296 and barukimang#3560 to secure a budget for the Aragon dTech Guild for the next 4 months of operation as per the ESD timeline (Season 1). In this 2nd phase of guild development we will continue to manage our existing services (Support tickets and discord communication) as well as extend services to moderate a support forum, in depth maintenance on all documentation, as well as providing additional technical services which are presented to us from other working groups at Aragon such as quality assurance and testing of Aragon products as well as third party tools that may be integrated with the Aragon product.

Proposal description:

This proposal aims to secure funding for 4 continuing months of operation in the the following monthly breakdown:

  • Core Aragon dTech member static compensation of $16,000 p/ month (25% will be from the result of cordinape)
  • Contributing Aragon dTech member dynamic compensation of $6,000 p/ month

Note: Static compensation is a set amount each month for each core member. Dynamic compensation may vary from month to month based on Aragon’s needs and bounty work performed.

Guild member structuring background is important to understand the usage of funds:
Core dTech members have been established to take the lead and focus on their assigned delegation. They are dedicated to the success of the guild and ensure each of its core operations are executed in depth and optimally. Delegated core members divide tasks, responsibility, ownership and overall structuring of the guild.

Contributing members were established to allow a pathway for the community to be involved by accepting bounties, joining calls, and offering input and opinions. Contributing members will always be considered for new core member delegations as much as funding and Aragon’s requirements allow.

The modus operandi of dTech’s previous proposed budget was to be diligent with the use of funds which has led to a roll over of roughly $12,000 to this proposal. This MO will continue in Season 1. Unused core member compensation funds will roll over to be saved or used in the season if a need is identified. Likewise, unused contributor funds will roll over and will only be dispersed via completion of bounties that align with Aragon and the operations of the dTech guild.

Adding up the maximum possible disbursement would total $88,000. Removing roll over from the previous proposal (expected to be $12,000) leaving this proposal to request $76,000 maximum.

Aragon dTech Core member delegations will focus on the following

All Core Members

  • Continue technical support services - Helpscout, Discord, forum, defining scope of support. (Where support starts and ends)
  • Web3/ DAO research technical assistance- Liaising with operations guild to execute technical aspects for Web3 tool research, decentralized experiments, process research and testing - Internal and external liaising (Help other guilds do what we do).

Carla78

  • User Documentation - For Zaragoza and the current platform: How to guides, Tutorials, Multilingual support with a goal of adding a minimum two additional languages, maintenance/updating
  • Developer documentation with Spotlight and platform setup.
  • Forum management and moderation - Managing topics, moderating posts
  • Statistics and feedback from users and developers - How can the user documentation consistently be improved to provide a simpler understanding of products

barukimang

  • Quality Assurance - Zaragoza, any other feature released of Aragon’s products and services.
  • Product Testing - Avalanche, Humanode, Reef Finance, 1Hive’s EVMcrispr, Gnosis integration, new product use-cases. Report feedback to development and product teams.
  • Bounty Creation and bounty budget - Asses and set appropriate compensation for bounties
  • Bounty status reporting - Manage the bounty process
  • Process UX data and feature requests

anson parker

  • Zaragoza user experience data collection - Help out the research and development team liaising with Ramon and Harry to gather information .
  • Monthly technical support performance stats reporting - This role will track the success of technical support month to month in the Discord, forum, and helpscout
  • Liaising development team for technical feedback and delivering bug documentation
  • BD Liaison - This role will work with business development on technical questions and assistance where required

Spectra CV

  • Growing contributor engagement - Outreach to community members interested in contributing
  • Manage dTech notion page and wiki page
  • Monitor budget, Cordinape Circle Management, and provide disbursement information
  • Complete and post end of month reports
  • Meeting management - Topics and transcription of meetings
  • Liaison to other working groups in the AN DAO and externally DAO2DAO - This role will manage communication other guilds on technical topics (Setup of dwork, gnosis safe, cordinape, etc)

A more detailed view of delegations can be viewed here: https://www.notion.so/aragonorg/Current-Delegations-structure-b5de957925c44f2993d46e1f85e7053c

Each Core Delegation will have its own public Notion page where the community can view and comment on output from delegated focuses. Additionally, at the end of each month there will be a scheduled live AMA along with a report of the successes and failures from the month.

Bounties will be given to contributing members for the following focuses:

  • Entering Helpscout and Discord questions in the forum if they do not exist
  • Assist with Helpscout questions to further reduce response time
  • Additional testing of platforms
  • Reviewing the user experience (Platform and documentation)

develop systems and processes that aid delegated roles and assist the technical needs of the of other guilds. These bounties allow the dTech to grow its membership for resiliency, engage the community, and offer important technical services to Aragon. Currently there are 3 bounties in progress, 7 bounties waiting to start, and 4 more proposed. Anyone in the community can propose bounties and review current bounties in Notion to ensure focus fits with Aragon dTech.

Proposal Rationale (How is this initiative adding value to the Aragon Network):

With overwhelming agreement in the community, technical support is an important role that needs to be fulfilled. In addition, there are many technical aspects that are not the focus of other guilds such as developer and user documentation Zaragoza with multilingual support. Products have been released in the past with multiple problems presumably without any QA testing. Other communities are building around us and we have little to no communication with them. And a common theme heard at Aragon is: “We don’t have the time or resources [to be involved in solving these types of issues]”.

Aragon dTech has the ability to resolve these pain points. As we do, Aragon develops into a more mature operation with a more mature product. This will resonate with our users and potential DAOs in the future.

Limitations and risks:

A risk always exists with static compensation that the value and quantity of output the community receives is below the rate of compensation. To gauge this risk, this proposal has built in transparency with each delegation maintaining a Notion page which the community can review and give feedback on at any time.

There is a risk Zaragoza will not be in the position to hand over a full QA need in the next four months. It is planned however that there will intermediary testing with minor version releases. The start date of creating Zaragoza documentation is unknown and may not start during Season 1. Howto guides for Zaragoza are currently active and being worked on.

One delegation could receive the majority of traction and others could hit a plateau. This would in traditional business require a pivot. In this environment, the community would be involved, starting back at this proposal to identify new goals that align with Aragon and approve of any pivot direction before it happens.

Duration, deliverables, and expected outcomes:

  • Project duration is 4 months (Season 1).
  • Each month the guild will publish a report detailing the achievements accomplished.
  • Success will be defined by the minimum criteria:
  1. All user support tickets replied to within 16 hours and resolved within 24 hours.
  2. Documentation translated into a minimum of two languages.
  3. Close communication with development and product teams for Zaragoza, meeting milestones for documentation and preparing for QA.
  4. Ability to support technical requests of the operations guild with the resources available in dTech.
  5. Provide proper QA testing for Aragon products as requested
  6. Provide communication and transparency to the satisfactory of other guilds at Aragon
  7. Have tangible results from collaboration with “like services” guilds in other communities
  8. Open, bi-weekly calls are available for anyone to join and participate. In addition, effort will be put into creating a structure for calls to be transcribed and entered into notion with links to relevant information and output. This output will be discussed by the heads of guilds during frequent calls.(Working with @b3n to set this up)
  9. Increase contributor engagement having at least 3 long term active contributors
  10. Set backup delegations which shadow other delegated roles within the guild

Team Information

The guild team is fluid as additional contributing members will join from the community and others will leave. Some will be moved into a delegated position as the need arises and dedication is demonstrated. These are current core and contributing members:

  • anson parker#4296
  • barukimang#3560
  • Carla78#9313 @Carla78
  • Spectra CV#6148 @SpectraCryptoVerse
  • Marta👾#5096
  • aakansha#9163
  • tony.alpha :black_flag:#5145
  • pedroq#4747
  • ki#6580
  • Brent Russell, Brént#008 - Guild Steward @brent

Strategic Alignment

The Aragon dTech Guild aligns with existing and emerging efforts within Aragon as an interstitial member of all teams:

  • As the first operational experiment in decentralising the Aragon Network we work as leaders - making mistakes and achievements in a “sandboxed” ecosystem.
  • Freeing up core engineering time to focus on product development.
  • Supporting business development initiatives both as mid-level builders and through strategic business referral managers as prescribed by the business development team.
  • Supporting technical operations of all teams that is not otherwise covered by devops.
  • As user advocates reporting back from the front lines of the user experience.

Funding Information

For static compensation ($3500 p/ month) the ESD will make direct transfers to wallet addresses for core members conforming to the Aragon standard of distributions at the end of each month. 25% of each members $3500 compensation will be decided upon via cordinape circle in which the results will be delivered to the ESD at the end of each month. There are currently 4 core members leaving $2000 p/ month roll over for an additional core member at the end of Season 1 if required. Total maximum disbursement per month of static compensation will be no more than $16,000 /p month

For dynamic compensation, the ESD will make direct transfers to wallets of those who have completed bounties totaling no more than $6,000

  • Distributions will be a combination of USDC and ANT token, currently a 70:30 split.
  • The ESD will distribute funds at the direction of the Spectra CV#6148 and reviewed by the guild steward.

Final note

The guild will strive to provide transparency in everything we do. Aragon dTech is an open group that wants to receive and act on constructive criticism. This proposal is in no way an end to discussions about how we operate and the tasks we take on. We are always open to adapting and changing.

@fartunov @AlexClay @daniel-ospina @lee0007

4 Likes

Hey dTech guild! Thank you for all the valuable work you have done through season 0 and this proposal!

The initiative has progressed quite a bit during season 0, but I will take this opportunity to push you further with some areas of improvement/clarification points:

  • We haven’t seen the March report yet
  • With respect to Notion, we have seen great improvements. However, linking to deliverables is still missing in some instances
  • Could you share some more light on the role of dTech in preparing/improving the documentation and SDK of the Aragon products that shall be rolled out during the season (both front end and back end)
  • While translating documentation will certainly contribute towards increasing the diversity of the community and has indisputably value to the network, could you please provide some data demonstrating the need for prioritizing this over, for example, the above item.
  • As some of the guild members have already been informed, AA/AL will be rolling out a CRM with Hubspot - it will fall within the delegations of the respective core guild members of the guild to properly document and track all external communication to avoid conflicting messaging
  • Specifically to delegations related to liaising with external and internal stakeholders - we would expect a high level of transparency. While the CRM would help with external ones, when it comes to internal coordination and updates, we expect to see a continuity of async communication in Notion as the most transparent communication medium we have at the moment (as opposed to Discord channels, DMs, and direct calls) - maybe sync up with Natalia and Lucas on how to best execute this
  • Something that was within the original scope of dTech and we have not seen enough of is consistent feedback toward the product/tech teams at AA/AL - ideally we would want to see active communication with a regular cadence that delivers user insight and helps evolve Aragon’s value proposition
  • Last but not least I would expect to see within season 1 some more thinking around the internal working of the guild as a decentralized organization, namely: dispersion of compensated tasks across, processes around the fluidity between regular and core guild contributors as well guild member offboarding. It is inevitable that some gild members would want to pursue other endeavors which might be outside the scope of the guild and/or incompatible with the guild’s position within the Aragon Network - there should be a path for those members to step down, freeing up the opportunity for others

Overall, great work once again and looking forward to slaying Moloch together!

P.S. Please note that dTech should be holding AA/AL accountable if the latter is not providing sufficient context/guidance when required (some of the points above require a certain level of alignment, and hitting those objectives would require collaboration)

2 Likes

We did publish this proposal in advance of to provide guidance on the split. Can you please update

dTech are doing great work in the DAO! Thanks, @fartunov for raising the above points of conversation. I look forward to taking a closer look at this proposal and joining the conversation following the delivery of the end of season report, which would be good to reference in this proposal.

ESD General Meeting Monday 4 April UTC 1900: This proposal came up for consideration at today’s ESD meeting and was unable to progress as we are awaiting the end of season report for the preceding funding round. This proposal will be carried over as an item for the next ESD General Meeting on Monday 18 April UTC 1900

@fartunov

“We haven’t seen the March report yet”

There has been some confusion with the end of season report. There is no precedence to what it should contain although I have a good idea. I have been told @lee0007 has posted her expectations in discord which I have just recently reviewed. dTech is having discussions with @Shawncubbedge on this topic as we want to set a standard for these end of season reports that is not only followed by dTech but for the entire organization. This end of season report will hopefully set that precedence and will be posted within the next two days.

“With respect to Notion, we have seen great improvements. However, linking to deliverables is still missing in some instances”

We have decided on a transparency a format in which each of the delegated members will produce a synopsis of their weeks output in a bullet point item list which will also link to additional information. These bulletpoint item list will then be shared in leadership meetings as a TLDR; with other guild leaders. These meetings would generate a transcript with links to relevant material. This will result in a pyramid type report allowing anyone to traverse from the broader organizational level, to guild overviews, followed by delegated role bullet points and finally to detailed information.

“Could you share some more light on the role of dTech in preparing/improving the documentation and SDK of the Aragon products that shall be rolled out during the season (both front end and back end)”

We don’t improve the SDK, that would be the development team. Developer documentation for Zaragoza is being created by the development team as MD docs in github which will then be pulled down into Gitbook and converted to Spotlight and edited for a final developer documentation product. This is in sync with Juliette and Ramon. We are currently working with Harry to create howto docs for Zaragoza. Product documentation has not started as there are many unknowns at this stage but it will be performed with Gitbook following the same template we used for Aragon Client. Improvements will be added as we review visitor statistics, gain insight from users, and important information comes up that we feel should be added to make an easier documentation experience. Plugins such as code pen are being reviewed and documentation at other organizations are being reviewed for finding the best in the industry features we can implement.

“While translating documentation will certainly contribute towards increasing the diversity of the community and has indisputably value to the network, could you please provide some data demonstrating the need for prioritizing this over, for example, the above item.”

It is not prioritized over other items. The core English documentation remains a focus translations by a long stretch. We have already started to gather statistics to decide which language needs to be added next. Mainly Statistics that come from browser user agents, interested contributor typeform responses on the languages they speak, and public data about areas in the world that are the largest crypto holders which can be a signal to the likeliness someone from there interested in creating a DAO over a country where there is little interest in crypto. Furthermore, the results of this research will be discussed with the product team as the product team could be adding multilingual support in the future and their input is valued. Also, a language depends on contributors as dTech does not speak all languages at this time. There has not been any lack of thought to providing support in multiple languages in the forum, discord, and Helpscout. Statistics from multilingual user documentation will help us get insight into the need for this and the overhead that is required and results will be shared with the Onboarding guild. This is putting the cart before the horse, seems like a Season 2 or 3.

“As some of the guild members have already been informed, AA/AL will be rolling out a CRM with Hubspot - it will fall within the delegations of the respective core guild members of the guild to properly document and track all external communication to avoid conflicting messaging”

Sure. We can use it when given direction to do so, that is not a problem. If you are implying dtech should be involved in the process of rolling it out, please inform as to what capacity, otherwise we will become users of the guild’s perspective area within Hubsport not admins.

“Specifically to delegations related to liaising with external and internal stakeholders - we would expect a high level of transparency. While the CRM would help with external ones, when it comes to internal coordination and updates, we expect to see a continuity of async communication in Notion as the most transparent communication medium we have at the moment (as opposed to Discord channels, DMs, and direct calls) - maybe sync up with Natalia and Lucas on how to best execute this”

In the proposal it states: “Each Core Delegation will have its own public Notion page where the community can view and comment on output from delegated focuses.” In addition, the guild will be doing weekly bullet point items as a TLDR; of what has been happening over the week. Please see my response to your comment: “With respect to Notion, we have seen great improvements. However, linking to deliverables is still missing in some instances”

“Something that was within the original scope of dTech and we have not seen enough of is consistent feedback toward the product/tech teams at AA/AL - ideally we would want to see active communication with a regular cadence that delivers user insight and helps evolve Aragon’s value proposition”

There has been a lack of communication between dTech and development/product teams. Most of this has been due to zero focus on the current product and all focus is on Zaragoza. The development team has been unavailable for collaboration as their focus on Zaragoza. With Carla and Harry, we have started collaborating with the product team on the future of Zaragoza from a documentation standpoint, mainly HowTo guides. There is also a Notion page we have recently started to document product failures and is currently in progress, results will be delivered to Dev and Product teams. Collaboration is something we will aim to change in season 1 by giving more attention to this topic. I will request from Ramon more attention to our collaboration pending his availability and resources to do so. In addition, I would note that there has been no collaboration between dTech and AL. This is due to both dTech and AL’s failure to take on that initiative, again an emphasis to resolve this will be a part of season 1.

“Last but not least I would expect to see within season 1 some more thinking around the internal working of the guild as a decentralized organization, namely: dispersion of compensated tasks across, processes around the fluidity between regular and core guild contributors as well guild member offboarding. It is inevitable that some gild members would want to pursue other endeavors which might be outside the scope of the guild and/or incompatible with the guild’s position within the Aragon Network - there should be a path for those members to step down, freeing up the opportunity for others”

The guild has decided to create backup delegations which will shaddow another delegations. This way the knowledge will be disbursed and will not have a single point of contact. An offboarding process should be put in place. This offboarding process should be decided on by the Guild stewards and the operations guild. I will call upon us in our subsequent guild leadership meetings to resolve this not only for dTech, but for all of Aragon. As for compensated tasks, there is some cross over with contributors and delegated members namely bounties for documentation and that everyone in dTech is performing technical support. Each bounty that derives from a delegated member to contributors will have bth the contributor and delegated member involved.

1 Like

Thanks dTech for your contributions to the DAO. It’s been great to see the difference in our ability to be responsive to technical needs within the DAO.

I think Ivan has highlighted a number of valuable questions. Some things I would appreciate more clarity on is:

  • Why is this group now called dTech? Why was the name changed, and once changed why not just to Tech Guild?

  • What is the ambition of the group to further diffuse work across a wider team? I find it problematic that the team essentially has seen almost no growth in number of contributors to the guild since its first weeks. This can easily become an issue of resilience and is I think creating dependence on a small (but obviously awesome) set of contributors

[quote=“brent, post:1, topic:3320”]
Liaison to other working groups in the AN DAO and externally DAO2DAO - This role will manage communication other guilds on technical topics (Setup of dwork, gnosis safe, cordinape, etc)
[/quote]. Has this expectation been set and discussed with Ops bounty contributors that currently have this responsibility?

1 Like

Why is this group now called dTech? Why was the name changed, and once changed why not just to Tech Guild?

The name needed to change from technical support because the guild has been called upon to perform in technical areas where Aragon was lacking. It is “Aragon dTech” with an emphasis on the word Aragon, supporting technology focused items at Aragon. However the guild is more decentralized, hence the D, than technical departments at a corporation. How is it decentralized? The guild is striving to be autonomous where people can step in and out, fill delegated roles as needed, and survive when key people drop off. To do this, there can not be any single point of failure within the structure of the guild. It needs to take direction from the community and execute from within. Is this process complete? Not by any means. You did mention to me in a DM that dTech is confusing, why not just use the word tech. I have received a few questions asking what dTech means. This is a good point and I will bring it up in subsequent meetings. i will note that just using tech is vague, especially when we have development and devop focuses.

What is the ambition of the group to further diffuse work across a wider team? I find it problematic that the team essentially has seen almost no growth in number of contributors to the guild since its first weeks. This can easily become an issue of resilience and is I think creating dependence on a small (but obviously awesome) set of contributors

I agree this is an area we need to work on. There have been 6 contributors who have joined and 3 have left due to what I assume is a lack of engagement and ongoing projects. There are currently 3 that are ongoing now. With these and others we will have to strive to have more engagement and work they can perform to stay involved. The increase in Bounty funds will allow us to provide more projects for them to keep busy which is only a part of engagement. Increased personal communication and guidance from onboarding will help this initiative. To address the other concern about disbursement of work, contributors will all be helping with support and serving as a backup to delegated roles. This allows contributors to be in a position to step up and fill voids if delegated roles open. Delegated roles do collaborate with each other on the tasks they perform so each member can help to fill voids. As the guild steward, I am also available to fill voids if the prior resolutions are not executed as expected.

2 Likes

@mheuer @Shawncubbedge I am aware are collaborating around the development of offboarding as the counterpoint to onboarding, so the needs expressed here may help inform their work

1 Like

Yes, @brent and I have discussed this topic. Then I spoke with @mheuer yesterday about the umbrella initiative and brought up conversations I’ve had with @brent to help us think on how the umbrella initiative could help with this process.

1 Like

ESD General Meeting Monday 18 April UTC 1900: We expect that we can make a final funding decision async within the next seven days. CC @daniel-ospina @fartunov

For the record, this proposal has my full support for funding in the manner to be determined/clarified by the Finance team @AlexClay @Ricktik6 and I would repeat my request (above) to have the proposal reflect the information already available such as the funding split 70:30

1 Like

I would repeat my request (above) to have the proposal reflect the information already available such as the funding split 70:30

I thought that was updated a long time ago, I must not have hit submit… it’s updated now. Thank you @lee0007

Could we phrase a deliverable around this further decentralization?

Added 9 and 10 to the deliverables.

  1. Increase contributor engagement having at least 3 long term active contributors
  2. Set backup delegations which shadow other delegated roles within the guild
1 Like

Thank you for this @brent - it’s a level of clarity on deliverables that other proposals should aspire towards and makes it a lot easier for the ESD to make comments and decisions!

On the proposed deliverables:

  1. Sounds good
  2. I am not yet convinced this is a critical deliverable. It sounds noble but with questionable impact. What’s the current real demand for this. Not “it’s more convenient for me to have it in my native language, but I cannot use the product becuase there isn’t support in my native language” what percentage of the smart contract users (not tickets) are facing this. If the product itself is not available in a certain language, does having the documentation in that language make sense. Feels like we should have the complete documentation (incl upcoming product) in English first, before rolling out translations
  3. How do we measure this
  4. Don’t understand this is, but I run with the assumption Ops guild needs it so it sounds reasonable
  5. Awesome
  6. A bit vague
  7. Nice but again vague
  8. Yes
  9. Do you mean to say double the long term active contributors by adding 3 more or maintain the number at 3, if it’s former - yes, if the latter, not really progress
  10. Sounds good
  • The ESD will distribute funds at the direction of the Spectra CV#6148 and reviewed by the guild steward.

I don’t understand this. Do you mean Spectra completed all bounties and he should be already compensated for it?

  1. I am not yet convinced this is a critical deliverable. It sounds noble but with questionable impact. What’s the current real demand for this. Not “it’s more convenient for me to have it in my native language, but I cannot use the product becuase there isn’t support in my native language” what percentage of the smart contract users (not tickets) are facing this. If the product itself is not available in a certain language, does having the documentation in that language make sense. Feels like we should have the complete documentation (incl upcoming product) in English first, before rolling out translations
  1. This is long winded but I feel strongly about this. speak with me for TLDR is you wish, or read on.
    We are not targeting fluent dual lingual speakers. I believe there are many people who could use the product if they had documentation. Example:
  • Si quieres hacer un DAO, el primer paso es conectar tu Metamask. Para hacer esta, cliquea “Connect Wallet”.
  • If you want to make a DAO, the first step is to connect your Metamask. To do this, click “Connect Wallet”
    Even though the product is not translated, documentation can give context. It will allow 75% of the population that does not speak English to understand. Major projects in the crypto space are multilingual. If Aragon wants to return to be the first DAO solution and the point of reference in the crypto space, we should have translations. It gives a sort of inclusivity: “the solution for everyone”. What % of smart contract users are facing this? We don’t know because we only attract English speakers with English only documentation and English only product and messaging. We are attempting to gather this data although most is subjective. https://www.notion.so/aragonorg/User-Tech-docs-Translation-7fcb376f892d4413a2833be479fb50ae
    Creating documentation in another language is a start to gathering information about users. Before we jump into creating the product in other languages, it would be nice to know it’s possible impact and what language we should target. We have improved on the current product documentation in English (documentation.aragon.org) and url forwarding from old to new are being applied in the next few days. We are waiting on developers to provide basic English documentation on the new product which we will revise, this documentation is covered in deliverable #3.
  1. How do we measure this [Communication with teams and their projects]
  1. This is a joint effort. Measurement will be done by the amount of output. It is dependent on multiple teams. If they fail, we fail. At minimum there should be a structure in place for QA, documentation should be underway, and we should have consistent scheduled communication. The further we are past the minimum, the better the output. If we are not meeting at least that minimum, it is subpar. QA and documentation will be dependent on the progress of the new product.
  1. Don’t understand this is, but I run with the assumption Ops guild needs it so it sounds reasonable
  1. Example, if Ops guild is trying to setup XYZ tool for research and experimentation for the organization to possibly use but is having problems, the guild would support them. dwork and cordinape are examples.
  1. A bit vague [Transparency to the satisfaction of other guilds]
  1. It is vague. I am trying to leave it open. I want other teams to give feedback if they don’t know what we are doing or need more information. I don’t want to say we will only do A, B, and C. Specifying “to the satisfactory of other guilds” is the measurement. If they are not satisfied, then they are not getting the information they need.
  1. Nice but again vague [Communication with “Like guilds” in other communities ]
  1. Yes it is vague. I want to attempt to setup communication with other communities. Learn from each other. I want Aragon to get benefit from this. I assume it will be from the tools they use and operations that are a failure and a success. I can take this out but I think it is beneficial, other guilds may follow suit communicating with other organizations. I can attempt to reword this so it better reflects what I have said here if that is preferred.
  1. Do you mean to say double the long term active contributors by adding 3 more or maintain the number at 3, if it’s former - yes, if the latter, not really progress
  1. No, I do mean maintain. We have three now but we have had three in the past. They leave after a month for different reasons including lack of engagement, lack of direction, untimely compensation, low total compensation, bounties not considered attractive, etc. We can get 6 but who cares if the turnover is two weeks or a month? Thats just churn. I want to see real contributors and involvement, not numbers.
2 Likes

No, I mean as part of Spectra’s Delegation, he will but submitting the distribution of funds to finance. The distribution of funds will be the same every month for delegated roles so there is not much in the need for review. The bounties are reviewed twice weekly and are publicly transparent.

This proposal has my full support (counting for 2/3 ESD members officially in favour, enough to pass the proposal).

2 Likes

Revising my comment, I would encourage this team to move to request funding directly from the main DAO. As this proposal still counts with 2/3 support in the ESD (and I greenlighted it too), I will move ahead.

For future proposals, though, the ideal would be for the funding to come from the Main DAO as the ESD was not setup to handle large scale recurring funding for teams.
The ESD was intended for quick grants to seed fund initatives or exceptional grants that might be needed.

1 Like

This is the plan for Season 2. We thought it about this on this proposal but thought it would be better to show more of a track record before going to the main dao so the community can better understand our capabilities and have more confidence that we will execute successfully.

April EOM Report

@daniel-ospina @lee0007 @fartunov

Deliverables

  1. All user support tickets replied to within 16 hours and resolved within 24 hours - Completed Monthly

    • Actual first response time is 8h 45 m
    • Actual resolution time is 36h (this is due to new contributors training)
  2. Documentation translated into a minimum of two languages. - In Progress

    • Research completed into the most popular languages here.
  3. Close communication with development and product teams for Zaragoza, meeting milestones for documentation and preparing for QA. - In Progress

  4. Provide communication and transparency to the satisfactory of other guilds at Aragon - Completed Monthly
    Delegation transparency page here.

  5. Have tangible results from collaboration with “like services” guilds in other communities - In Progress

  6. Bi weekly call transparency and auto transcription - In Progress

  7. Increase contributor engagement having at least 3 long term active contributors - In Progress

    • Onboarded 2 active contributors in April
  8. Set backup delegations which shadow other delegated roles within the guild - In Progress

Additional deliverables

  • Otoco experiment - Ongoing
    • Working out the technical details and practising creating legal wrappers for DAOs. More information in the Support Forum.
  • Standardising Aragon User and Developer documentation - Ongoing
  • Enabled WalletConnect on Client to improve functionality - Completed
  • Using Dework and keeping up to date with new developments, functionalities and features to prepare for DAOwide adoption. - Ongoing

Finished bounties

  1. Testing UX (User Experience) dTech Support (DTG.P1.M3.N1)
  2. Proofread Tech Docs Part 1 (Fundamentals + Client)- Native English Review (DTG.P2.M4.N2)
  3. Tech Doc. II Part (Govern/Voice/Vocdoni/Court) - Native English Review (DTG.P2.M4.N3)
  4. Review Docs Aragon Govern, Court, Voice, Vocdoni (DTG.P2.M3.N3)
  5. Review Docs Aragon Govern, Court, Voice, Vocdoni (DTG.P2.M3.N4)

Funding Request

  • USDC 70% Total - $10,248
  • ANT 30% Total - $4,392
  • Amount Core Contributor compensation - $10,500
  • Amount Flexible Rewards - $3,500
  • Amount Bounty Rewards - $640

See detailed financials here.

Thank you to everyone involved. I am available for any questions and am able to provide any additional details that may be requested.

3 Likes