Aragon dTech Season 1 Funding Proposal

Revising my comment, I would encourage this team to move to request funding directly from the main DAO. As this proposal still counts with 2/3 support in the ESD (and I greenlighted it too), I will move ahead.

For future proposals, though, the ideal would be for the funding to come from the Main DAO as the ESD was not setup to handle large scale recurring funding for teams.
The ESD was intended for quick grants to seed fund initatives or exceptional grants that might be needed.

1 Like

This is the plan for Season 2. We thought it about this on this proposal but thought it would be better to show more of a track record before going to the main dao so the community can better understand our capabilities and have more confidence that we will execute successfully.

April EOM Report

@daniel-ospina @lee0007 @fartunov

Deliverables

1. All user support tickets replied to within 16 hours and resolved within 24 hours - Completed Monthly

• Actual first response time is 8h 45 m
    • Actual resolution time is 36h (this is due to new contributors training)
  2. Documentation translated into a minimum of two languages. - In Progress

• Research completed into the most popular languages here.
  3. Close communication with development and product teams for Zaragoza, meeting milestones for documentation and preparing for QA. - In Progress

4. Provide communication and transparency to the satisfactory of other guilds at Aragon - Completed Monthly
    Delegation transparency page here.

5. Have tangible results from collaboration with “like services” guilds in other communities - In Progress

6. Bi weekly call transparency and auto transcription - In Progress

7. Increase contributor engagement having at least 3 long term active contributors - In Progress

• Onboarded 2 active contributors in April
  8. Set backup delegations which shadow other delegated roles within the guild - In Progress

Additional deliverables

• Otoco experiment - Ongoing
    • Working out the technical details and practising creating legal wrappers for DAOs. More information in the Support Forum.
  • Standardising Aragon User and Developer documentation - Ongoing
  • Enabled WalletConnect on Client to improve functionality - Completed
  • Using Dework and keeping up to date with new developments, functionalities and features to prepare for DAOwide adoption. - Ongoing

Finished bounties

1. Testing UX (User Experience) dTech Support (DTG.P1.M3.N1)
  2. Proofread Tech Docs Part 1 (Fundamentals + Client)- Native English Review (DTG.P2.M4.N2)
  3. Tech Doc. II Part (Govern/Voice/Vocdoni/Court) - Native English Review (DTG.P2.M4.N3)
  4. Review Docs Aragon Govern, Court, Voice, Vocdoni (DTG.P2.M3.N3)
  5. Review Docs Aragon Govern, Court, Voice, Vocdoni (DTG.P2.M3.N4)

Funding Request

• USDC 70% Total - $10,248
  • ANT 30% Total - $4,392
  • Amount Core Contributor compensation - $10,500
  • Amount Flexible Rewards - $3,500
  • Amount Bounty Rewards - $640

See detailed financials here.

Thank you to everyone involved. I am available for any questions and am able to provide any additional details that may be requested.

3 Likes

ESD General Meeting 2 May 2022 UTC 1900: Confirming majority support for ESD S1 funding.

Current Statement on the limitations of ESD funding

This proposal falls within the current limitations, it would be the final season of ESD funding available to this team and we look forward to supporting Main DAO proposals in the future.

cc @fartunov @daniel-ospina

As all ESD team members have not yet had the chance to review April Reporting (seven days’ notice) a commitment was made by members in attendance to progress this asynch and will seek clarification if required to finalise the decision within 7 days.

1/3 Approved: April funding release based on above reported deliverables

Hey hey, Spectra! Thank you for this. Loving the new reporting format!
My support for getting the guild paid is in 2/3.

As mentioned in the Notion directly - the TLDR transparency board is great and looking forward to your collaboration with @Shawncubbedge and @lion917 on bringing this across the other guilds.

Really excited about the WalletConnect functionality, it was high time!
Also kudos on getting new members inside the guild.

Last but not least otoco efforts are awesome, excited to see what comes out of it.

As a note, I will urge to keep the support forum for support topic only. So far we have three mediums where the community is spread out:

• this forum
  • Discord
  • AN DAO Notion

Trying to keep track of activity across yet another platform is making it all but impossible to follow along.

4 Likes

Thanks @fartunov, I will take a look.

Hey Ivan,

Thank you for your kind words. Regarding the community mediums we are trying to make a distinction between:

• The Governance Forum (this forum as it was a request to keep this for it exclusively and not to mix with technical or support issues)
  • The Support Forum (for technical and other support questions and deeper conversations which is indexed by google so over time more traffic will be driven here)
  • Discord (instant/light conversations, reminders, etc., but it is a bit disorganized and content gets lost in chatter)
  • AN DAO Notion (workspace for collaboration and static, organized content)
  • Dework (bounty management and day-to-day task management)

This obviously has to be a community effort but IMHO falls under Community Onboarding (@Shawncubbedge) Ops Guild (@anukriti10 @lion917 ). What do you all think?

2 Likes

Hey Spectra, I agree it has to involve other stakeholders. This is an operational decision first and foremost. To clarify however I probably disagree with the split you presented:

• Support forum should handle support topics only
  • This forum is the Aragon project forum - we use it for governance discussions as well, but this is the main forum related to the project. If partnership discussions are to be held in a forum it shall be this one.
  • Since 50+ full-time contributors to the project are substantially more active in Discord it would be great if such discussions actually get linked there as well

There is a new growth guild @fmurphy they can work with @lion917. Furthermore, since last week Aragon has a Head of Communications who can guide this effort to ensure strategic alignment

1 Like

May EOM report

@daniel-ospina @lee0007 @fartunov

Deliverables

1. All user support tickets replied to within 16 hours and resolved within 24 hours - Completed Monthly
    • Actual first response time is 47 hours this is due to a technical error which is under investigation
    • Actual resolution time is 64 hours this is due to a technical error which is under investigation
  2. Documentation translated into a minimum of two languages. - In Progress
    • Research completed into the most popular languages here.
    • Survey from
  3. Close communication with development and product teams for Zaragoza, meeting milestones for documentation and preparing for QA. - In Progress
  4. Provide communication and transparency to the satisfactory of other guilds at Aragon - Completed Monthly
    • Delegation transparency page here.
  5. Have tangible results from collaboration with “like services” guilds in other communities - In Progress
    • Managed to combine Otoco, Gnosis and Client so we created Aragon’s first legal wrapper.
  6. Bi weekly call transparency and auto transcription - In Progress
  7. Increase contributor engagement having at least 3 long term active contributors - In Progress
  8. Set backup delegations which shadow other delegated roles within the guild - In Progress

Additional deliverables

• Finding the bug in the code regarding the problem with Aragon Client and Polygon mainnet and working with the DevOps team debugging it.
  • Requested and allocated moderator permissions for core contributors on Discord to further decentralize moderation tasks. Sorted out channels with no moderator access to ensure all public channels can be accessed. - Completed
  • Using Dework and keeping up to date with new developments, functionalities and features to prepare for DAOwide adoption - Ongoing

Finished bounties

1. Recreating/ Debugging Tech Doc. III Part Dev. (CLI) - (DTG.P2.M4.N1)
  2. May contributor support training (DTG.P2.M5.N1)
  3. Importing Tech Doc. III and IV Part Dev (Govern + Vocdoni) (DTG.P2.M5.N5)

Funding Request

• USDC 90% Total - $18,414
  • ANT 10% Total - $2,046
  • Amount Core Contributor compensation $10,500
  • Amount Flexible Rewards $3,500
  • Amount Bounty Rewards $6,460

See detailed financials here.

Thank you to everyone involved. I am available for any questions and am able to provide any additional details that may be requested.

1 Like

Thank you for a clear report. Few questions

Can you open access to this page?

Is there a link, please. Wondering what the survey is.

Congrats on this! has this process been documented?

Can you remind me please, how is long-term defined? and what is the current count?

Can we link these documents or the deWork bounties for transparency, please

Thank you Renee for your quick response.

1. I opened access to the research page into the most popular languages. If that does not work I will need to speak to someone managing Notion as my powers are limited :thinking:
  2. ‘Survey from’ was a typo.
  3. Anson is going to get back to you here regarding the documentation for this work.
  4. Long term in our understanding is by the end of Season 1. In April we have onboarded 2 contributors who have been training and working on different bounties. With our new bounties we are working towards attracting more talent who could stay with us long term.
  5. Please find links to the Notion card or Dework task of the bounties below.

Should you need any more information or have any questions, please let me know.

1 Like

1/3 funding approved cc @daniel-ospina @fartunov

I’m not a lawyer™
however…

Legal wrappers - Aragon User Documentation does connect the dots between an Aragon DAO and a Delaware LLC

@lion917 @jessicasmith @eaglelex are all encouraged to critique what’s going on here… the super fun part is that we can use EVM Crispr to mint our new tokens and i think this is what makes that project so special = it should open up some doors for real development in established daos looking to move more mainstream

1 Like

2/3 supported @SpectraCryptoVerse

@Carla78 - dropped a question in the language selection Notion

@alibama Love the initiative! Certainly, the guide can use some polishing but the deliverable is marked as “in progress” so it makes sense. It seems though it’s just the tokens are minted on Aragon and then stored in a Gnosis Safe…it’s not an Aragon DAO with a wrapper by any means. Or am I deeply misunderstanding the guide?

I am not a lawyer™

All we’re doing here is minting new tokens for a DAO so that the DAO may exercise a legal instrument. As mentioned in the Otoco AMA held this morning there really is no such thing as a fully wrapped DAO (and i should probably edit my language accordingly).

What does exist = a way for DAO’s to leverage an LLC instrument, and begin using that legal primitive to then acquire traditional fintech assets such as bank accounts, insurance etc… we’ll even have a simpler way to pay taxes! (exclamation mark = snark)

As you point out = for Aragon to really be leveraged more strategically we would need to work with tools such as evm-crispr, openlaw.io perhaps, etc… to orchestrate additional process unique to a DAO = there’s no implicit connection between the inner-workings of a DAO and the functioning of the LLC.

My hope is that the leadership team may see some longer term value in this small proof-of-concept and be receptive to additional proposals in this space that would begin to address these orchestrations.

2 Likes

I am still not understanding this.

Let’s take the narrow definition of a DAO as addresses (defined either through a permissioned list, or by holding a specific token) that govern a shared on chain resource.

The way I understand the described design what we are “wrapping” is a Gnosis Safe so the “DAO members” are the signers on that Safe, NOT the holders of the token (leaving aside the fact that the tokens are held in the wallet)…it’s a very useful thing, but I don’t see how the token or Aragon has a role in it

Unless I am misunderstanding this and every member of the Example DAO should create a multisig where they hold their tokens in which case we are wrapping the individuals as LLCs, not the DAO itself

i really think we should get legal in on this = @Tayy or @eaglelex or @lion917 want to weigh in?

all i know is that from the people i’m working on next steps with it appears to be sufficient… the tokens themselves become part of a legal entity, and that means that if i choose to use something like c14.money to trade the tokens on VISA to grab some fiat I should be on the right side of the law.

perhaps when the next aragon app thing comes out we can do some host-the-party with lawyers and get some grindier reviews?

Thanks @fartunov for the question, my answer directly on the Notion page.

@ronald_k Hello Ser,

we’ve been working some “legal wrapper” work, however thusfar only @fartunov has really provided a thoughtful critique (which i genuinely appreciate). Frankly all of his points are pretty interesting, however I don’t feel competent to respond.

Could you help us out here? the way things are organized presently

Aragon - provides tokens and governance model
Gnosis - creates a multisig wallet that interacts with Otoco
Otoco - provides the LLC and signs it with the Gnosis vault as the “main signature”
Otoco - imports the token contract from Aragon as the “shares” of the LLC

my interpretation of this is that the functional aspects of the DAO could then be regulated within the Delaware LLC, however I am still not a lawyer™

1 Like