Aragon Cooperative Vote #25: fund management is a community driven process

It’s recently been brought to my attention (again) that there is disagreement in the Aragon Cooperative regarding how to manage funds delivered in AGP-40. Many community members say that they want to collectively vote on work that qualifies for compensation because this is in line with the Cooperative’s values and membership structure. Some community members feel like this is not in line with the spirit or specifications of AGP-40. We need to come to consensus on this so that we can all move forward together. With that in mind, let’s vote.

Vote #25 in the Aragon Cooperative DAO: fund management is a community driven process.

The purpose of this vote is as follows:

This will nullify the paragraph in AGP-40 stating:

• Aragon Cooperative DAO will manage the overall funds, with the current expectation to be that we will propose Julian Brooks and Gustavo Segovia to be paid for their contributions, working two (2) days per week each (four days in total p.w.). Further paid contributory opportunities for appropriately skilled Aragon Cooperative DAO members will also be made available upon request and requirement. Such requirement to be determined by the cooperative membership itself. Community suggestion and participatory discussion is also most welcome.

And it will replace it with:

• Aragon Cooperative DAO will manage the overall funds, with the current expectation that work that qualifies for funding will be voted on by Cooperative member votes in the Aragon Cooperative DAO. Releasing funds to compensate completed work will also be voted on by Cooperative member votes in the Aragon Cooperative DAO.

The results of this vote will allow all members of the Aragon Cooperative to be on the same page regarding fund management.

“current expectation” is nothing binding in the long term… believe me, I wanted to let the AGP with no names, but my partner at the moment insisted in putting our names there, so we found consensus in making that only temporary to kick-off operations…

As per it’s my concern, that clause is already burned and it’s kind of tacit that things are gonna be as you are proposing even without this vote.

Cheers!