You should be able to stake on Arachain and also participate in Aragon Network Governance. You should be able to stake to become a juror and also participate in Aragon Network Governance. To be clear, staking is not the same as using an ANT derivative token. If you’re staked in the court then you can’t use the same ANT to stake as an Arachain validator, but you’re still using ANT.
If we roll out our own blockchain we should be able to introduce optimizations that make it possible for ANT holders to stake and vote. Tezos figured it out. They have a very staked community that is also very engaged in governance. A similar mechanism on Arachain would allow ANT holders to engage in providing Aragon related services while also voting in Aragon Network Governance. If Aragon is serious about changing the way humans do governance at scale, then this is essential for the fight for freedom.
- From the Aragon Manifesto: “We are committed to decentralizing power in order to dismantle unjustified power — which usually springs from centralization. Power has a natural tendency to reinforce itself and become corrupt. If power becomes centralized, it doesn’t have to answer to anyone but itself. Decentralizing power is essential to minimizing corruption over time. We must strive to create systems in which a large number of diverse stakeholders have a say, in order for common goods to be responsibly governed by their communities.”
That’s a good point. In this case you’re right that the if service providers are staked that would not affect the users, however, it can be expected that there will be a strong overlap between users and service providers (esp during the bootstrapping phase!). Making ANT the token to access all the applications, good, and services within the Aragon universe allows any Aragon service provider to interact with any ANT holder directly. It also greatly simplifies everything from a UX standpoint: just buy ANT.
- From the Aragon Manifesto: “We seek to use technology to lift people from oppression. To be successful, we must keep our products open, understandable, and easy to use for everyone.”
ANT should be the token for the Aragon universe. If you want to participate in Aragon in any way, just buy ANT.
No taxation without representation.
- From the Aragon Manifesto: “Decentralized organizations change our relationship with governance : from something that is imposed upon us by others, into something we choose to opt into. Where we are equally serving and served, rather than just serving.”
Critical. Every ANT holder should be able to fight for freedom via Aragon Network Governance.
- From the Aragon Manifesto: “Sovereign individuals will be able to freely express themselves and transact with each other without any kind of intermediary exercising their unjustified power and oppressing them.”
- From the Aragon Manifesto: “We must strive to create systems in which a large number of diverse stakeholders have a say, in order for common goods to be responsibly governed by their communities.”
Agreed! But this is easier said than done. Historically it has almost never happened. Why would this time be different?