Create a bounty reward for proposers of AN DAO proposals that are implemented.
The AN DAO is an experiment to decentralize Aragon to the community. To do this effectively it must do 2 things:
Implement the mechanisms that allow decentralized governance to operate effectively
Find valuable contributions from within the community to support Aragon in nascent but meaningful ways
As this journey begins we need to test both of these elements within AN DAO.
Within the wider DAO ecosystem is it a known challenge that expressing ideas and opinions is far easier than building and delivering results. I want Aragon to be known for both - valuable creative contributions from our community and an ability to turn these into reality through the AN DAO and core contributing teams.
This idea of “governance mining” referenced here provides some ideas for how we might explore the challenges expressed above. Currently Yearn and Synthetix (and possibly others) have a similar bounty model where the proposer of implemented proposals is rewarded for their valuable contribution, but only when it is implemented. This incentivises valuable input from the community AND to follow through and do the work necessary to bring about their realisation.
I propose we do the same.
This proposal mechanism is specified such that a reward bounty is provided to:
- Value: $500USDC (or equivalent value in ANT or ETH) is provided as a bounty reward
- Record criteria: The Community Member who creates a proposal and wants the bounty reward should provide a wallet address at time of making the proposal (within the body of the proposal)
- Success criteria:
- Proposal is approved via Aragon voice vote
- Proposal is implemented through AN DAO (unique definitions of what “implemented” means will need to be determined for each unique proposal)
This proposal here would be the first possible recipient of the bounty reward. It will be considered implemented via achievement of 3 unique milestones:
1. This proposal is recorded with a relevant wallet address - which is provided here: (0xdb4CAC94698BC2EbA185628Aced45923A590402e)
2. The proposal is approved via an Aragon Voice vote
3. This proposal is enacted such that any future proposal provided with a wallet address and is subsequently implemented by AN DAO will receive this same reward