Happy new year everyone!
The next All Aragon Devs call will be on Monday January 6th. Since the majority of teams were on holiday break during the last two weeks, I don’t expect much updates to be posted here for this call but if you do, feel free to use the following template:
Call #39: January 6, 2019 8am PST / 11am EST / 3pm UTC / 5pm CEST
- Aragon One updates from last call and current priorities
- Aragon Autark updates from last call and current priorities
- Aragon Mesh/SDK updates from the last call and current priorities
- Appoint note takers
- Introduce team members who haven’t already met each other (~0-5min)
Give updates a forward looking dimension with updates on upcoming work
A section will be added to the updates on the forum
In case no topics are proposed on all devs
Leave the call optional. May be used to ask questions on updates and discuss other topics informally
Aragon Mesh: Mathew Cormier
Aragon One: Brett Sun, Alejandro Santander, Gabriel Garcia, Pierre Bertet, Enrique Ortiz
Autark: Arthur Lunn, Yalda Mousavinia
Aragon Association: Louis Giraux
I will be reporting for both Facu and I for the next few months.
- Most of Aragon One was on holiday break
- We have built and audited a number of voting connectors, to help connect the Voting app with other sources
- Pulse checks over the holidays on user filed bugs
- Continuing to invest into the SDK WG and leading planning efforts there
Aragon Network’s activation period is beginning Jan. 7th, with the ANJ conversion module to be shipped at that date
- Court dashboard is moving firmly into development mode, as we finalize designs in the next two weeks and 1Hive continues their great work on implementing (see repo)
SDK Working Group
Mainly an A1 + Mesh collaborative effort for now, but open to any others who may want to join the cause.
- Released aragon-cli v7 before the break, introducing a toolkit package that can be used as an API, and allows for other front ends to be developed.
- Started working on aragon-cli v8 and new tools.
- The working group is adopting a 3 week sprint workflow aiming for significant releases within each sprint.
- We’re internally splitting the working group into 1-2 people specializations:
- Buidler development plugin. All development oriented CLI commands are moving out from the CLI to this plugin.
- Toolkit API design. Our first goal with the toolkit was for it to exist. Now that it does, we want to make it easy to use, more consistent, more robust, etc.
- User support. We want to be close to our users and devs and be very responsive to anyone having trouble with the tools. At the same time, we are working hard towards the 100% test coverage goal.
- Plans are underway to form feedback groups, where we can test the new tools being developed closely with teams building real stuff with them.
We were on break, so the updates are limited.
Finalized the contract for the a new Open Enterprise template, which provides more flexible support for DAO creation. It just needs to be audited.
- Ability to configure a 1-token or 2-token DAO
- Ability to configure the tokens to be non-transferable or transferable
- Ability to map different tokens to the Voting or Dot Voting apps when a 2-token DAO
- Ability to use the Agent app
- Work in progress:
- Deploy Experimental OE DAO with OWL features
- Informative Dot Voting
- Token Manager Deployment
- Finalizing and deploying the About app
- E2E testing
- Radspec & cross application improvements
I’ll propose the following topics
- Do we want updates to have a forward looking aspect. Teams shoud not only update on what they’ve done, but also what they plan for the next two weeks
- If there are no discussion topics proposed, do we want to cancel all devs for the week?
- Questions round on this week’s updates (optional)