ScoutDAO aims to help the Aragon community validate ideas, get more devs working on the Aragon stack, and increase the value of Aragon as a platform.
The Problem / Background
What’s the problem(s) with Nest DAO?
- Not enough deals are coming in
- Interests are not aligned
- None of the members are being paid to due diligence deals
- None of the members are being paid if the projects they evaluate succeed
- Nest DAO is operating more like an angel/seed fund, investing 50k-150k. But there is a funding gap at the family & friends / angel stage. Super early projects are not getting funded, and as a result, are not applying for funding. This is hampering innovation in the Argaon network.
- The result?
- Very Low deal flow volume.
- Poor due diligence
- Long decision making times
The Solution / Future
- What is it?
- An Aragon DAO dedicated towards sourcing and funding deals that are too early for NestDAO.
- Acts as a deal generator for NestDAO
- Why will it solve the problem for NestDAO?
- Higher quality deal flow
- More deal flow
- Greater liklihood of shipping production ready products
- Why will this benefit Aragon as a platform?
- More developers building on Aragon
- More projects shipping from NestDAO
- Cheaper and faster than monolithic Flock proposals
More details can be found in the ScoutDAO draft document.
The official ScoutDAO AGP can be found here.