AGP discussion: Aragon Mesh Sponsorship

Aragon Mesh submitted an AGP. Following the 1Hive lead, we would like to propose sponsorship to the Aragon Mesh team. This will keep a continuous stream of funding to support new developers wanting to contribute to Aragon core infrastructure & SDK.

The official AGP can be found here.

AGP: 130
Title: Aragon Mesh Sponsorship
Author: Aragon Mesh Team (@aragonmesh on keybase), Gabriel Garcia (@0xGabi), Daniel Constantin (@0x6431346e)
Track: Finance
Created: 2019-11-18

AGP-130: Aragon Mesh Sponsorship

Summary

Aragon Mesh started as a Nest project to fund the development of the aragonCLI. To manage the grant funds we implemented a milestone-based process inspired by Giveth, where contributors would summarize their work over a given period alongside a reasonable pay rate and the other DAO members would vote whether to approve their compensation. We think this process is low-overhead and fits the DAO very well at this stage.

Our mission is to improve the developer experience as a whole, which includes easing the on-boarding process of new developers that wish to work on the Aragon core infrastructure & SDK. This AGP aims to compensate those devs.

In this new endeavor we are looking forward to formalizing and improving the current process. We have been keeping track of milestones in this GitHub repository: AragonMesh/team. As part of improving the current process we would like to continue experimenting with the Projects app of the Open Enterprise suite and bounty-based compensation.

Aaragon One will be leading the roadmap of the SDK to shape the future of the dev tooling. It will be responsible for doing the research needed and experiment with new technologies. Mesh will fund devs contributing to the SDK roadmap. An onboarding process will be in place and members will be part of the SDK Working Group. We welcome every developer to add milestones on the Mesh DAO if their work was SDK related.

Address of the transfer recipient

Mesh Mainnet DAO Agent Address (as Vault): 0x3baa6420a4c683b497fa392ab9ebd89f2c041fe2

Amount of the transfers

30,000 DAI

5,000 ANT

Number and frequency of transfers if recurring (enter “1” if only one payment will be made)

Quarterly transfers of 30,000 DAI and 5,000 ANT minus unused funds from the previous quarter if any. This is the amount to be debited from the quarterly Finance track budget.

The transfer will be made after each ANV has completed.

Purpose of the transfer

This sponsorship is to keep a continue stream of funding to support new developers wanting to contribute to core infrastructure of Aragon. ANT will be used as a reward mechanism.

The funds will be controlled by token holders of the MESH token.

They will have permissions to:

• Fund milestones
  • Accept requests of milestones
  • Vote to approve payments

Recipient information

Mesh DAO

License

Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.

Note: This AGP was inspired on previous AGPs done by @burrrata and @lkngtn, thanks guys.

9 Likes

Mesh is one of the most productive teams working on Aragon today. Not only has their work been high leverage, but both @gabi and @mcormier provide excellent and prompt support in dev-help every day. I’m not sure if this is part of your remit but it feels above and beyond to me, I would nominate both of you guys for a CRDAO reward!

Since A1 has taken ownership over the SDK, what is the relationship between A1, Mesh, and the other contributors? Is it expected everyone not on A1s payroll contributing to the SDK to work under the mesh banner?

3 Likes

Thanks for the support Aaron :heart:

About you questions,

what is the relationship between A1, Mesh, and the other contributors?

I agree that we need extra clarification on that relationship.

• A1 is leading the roadmap of the SDK to shape the future of the dev tooling. It will be responsible for doing the research needed and experiment with new technologies.

• Mesh will fund devs contributing to A1 SDK roadmap. An onboarding process will be in place and members will be part of the SDK Working Group.

• Other devs are welcome to add milestones on the Mesh DAO if the work done is SDK related.

Is it expected everyone not on A1s payroll contributing to the SDK to work under the mesh banner?

My current stance is: I’m not sure. I think it make sense. Would like others opinion about that.

1 Like

I think it makes sense too. However if this is to be the case you may need more flexibility in the budget. At the moment this proposal budgets for 3.3k DAI per person per month. I presume if others joined Mesh, that wouldn’t nessasarily reduce the current members workload.

1 Like

Agree, if that become an issue we can update fund request for next ANV. Nevertheless, I consider is a good starting point to keep experiment.

1 Like