- Surveys will be created the same day the Aragon Network Vote opens, alongside other ballots. The difference is their duration will be 30 days. This amount of time is chosen since it’s non-binding, and you don’t have to act on surveys right away. 30 days is also enough time to gather data to prepare an AGP for the subsequent network vote. At the same time, the survey opening the same day that the Aragon Network Vote begins will make it easier for participants that are already participating in the more binding AGP votes.
- I think a new track is needed in AGP-1 for “Survey”.
- We have to determine how we curate what can get added as a survey.
- The Survey app needs to actually be working and on Mainnet to fully execute this AGP. Based on this PR it seems close, but it’s unclear.
- Surveys are non-binding, there is nothing that would prevent a survey author from submitting a real AGP if the survey had poor results, it would just be up to the AGP curators to then decide whether it gets included.
Based on feedback, the state of the Survey app, and whether this actually makes sense, I will draft an AGP (co-authors welcome).
The curation mechanism may be the most complicated. We may have to limit the number of Surveys per voting cycle so as not to overwhelm ANT holders. It’s unclear this can all be hashed out in a week. So it’s possible this may not make it in as an AGP until ANV-4.
Inspired by some thoughts in this thread & also because Autark is interested in ANT signals for some product decisions (as specified in our AGP).