Agent app UI ideas

We’ve been talking about agent app at Aragon One, and Jorge has been working on smart contracts for it. The idea is that it can interact with other smart contracts on your DAOs behalf.

Right now the app is a smart contract only without any UI, so I created a user interface for it.

The first idea was to reuse the Finance app UI for this. I thought it would also be nice to have the external dapps/smart contracts persist, so I’ve used cards for them.

The idea is that you click “New external contract”, give it a name (and optional avatar url), enter the smart contract address, and we load the ABI and create a card.

Then you can click the card to interface with the contract as the DAO - choose the function and parameters you want to run (these are automatically populated for you in the dropdowns) and execute the action as a DAO. Since you are executing it as a DAO, depending on how the permissions for your DAO are set up it, can first require a vote etc.

This is quite similar to https://oneclickdapps.com where you get a UI for any smart contract by just entering the address (or copy/pasting the ABI).

https://invis.io/2GQFW1UH8NZ

Any thoughts?

4 Likes

I like this as it seems like it would be an intuitive way to manage a whitelist of external functions, which could then be assigned different internal permissions.

However, I want to throw out the idea that this should not necessarily be considered the Agent App front-end, but rather that we should think of this as something distinct that adds functionality to the Agent app, similar to how we think of the vault in relationship to the finance app. The finance app provided a UI for making transfers to and from a vault and implements some basic budgeting functionality. Similarly the app you have mocked up provides an interface for whitelisting specific external functions (and perhaps creating roles/permissions associated with them), but it could logically be separated and installed independently from the agent app.

3 Likes

Small thing but rather than loading the contract avatar from a URL could it instead be an IPFS hash?

3 Likes

There are a few ens domains that resolve to an ipfs address of a static website. portalnetwork.eth is one of them. I think it might be cool at some point to have a web3 only browser which can only connect through web3 protocols. This might be the place for that.

0 Likes

has there been any other work on a front end for the agent app?
Or will it be an app without a frontend?

I think the work by @jouni would be very useful like @lkngtn said to enable granular permissions from an intuitive interface. It is definitely sub-optimal to have to do this from the CLI!

Who is currently working on the agent?

0 Likes

We will likely be working on this as part of the scope for 0.8. However, help is always welcome :slight_smile:

0 Likes