AA communication - Aragon One end of Q3 roadmap update

Aragon One roadmap update

A few hours ago, Aragon One has submitted its second roadmap update for the year.

Summary of the changes

1. In I01: Identity experience

• Withdrawn - Organization identity & membership support: Allow users to create and manage their organizations’ profiles, providing an intuitive way to add members to a given organization and granting them permissions & privileges.
    • reason: “In the case of org’s identity, Autark is taking take of it. In the case of org membership, we believe it’s such an important piece, but we won’t have design nor frontend bandwidth to think or implement it during Q4 2019.”

2. In I04: Flexible permissions

• Withdrawn - Stateful permissions: Allow users to set and manage time-based and use-based permissions.

• reason: “We won’t have design nor frontend bandwidth to think or implement it during Q4 2019. Our initial research concludes that implementing something like this can imply almost building a graphical programming language with if/else/etc. statements, which would make terrible UX and also be terribly hard to implement.”
  • Modified - UI for conditional permissions: the ACL in aragonOS 4 supports conditional permissions through permission parametrization, the Permissions app should display and allow to edit parameters.

• reason: “Because of the previous comment, we will just allow users to see custom parameters, and not modify them.”

3. In I06: Blockchain Abstraction

• Deprioritized - Meta-transactions and relayers
  • Deprioritized - Improving onboarding for organizations
    • reason: “Reason to halt during Q4 2019: Aragon Network taking higher priority.”
    • comment: “Initial research was conducted, but work on relayers and further integration into the Aragon client has been removed from the 2019 scope.”

4. In I07 – New voting architecture (renamed to I07 - Research Aragon’s scalability)

• updated - Solidify Research on Transaction and Vote relayers as a network service: Blog post, implementation

• added - Research feasibility of Aragon Chain: New infrastructure may allow Aragon to build its own EVM-compatible chain that could in the future introduce optimizations suited to aragonOS, voting and DAOs. We will research and engage with experts in order to validate this scalability path.

• reason: “Instead of just voting, we have expanded this to also include research on the Aragon Chain, which will be a hot topic for us during Q4.”

5. aragon OS

• deprioritized - Global emergency failsafe

• comment: “Research and initial work done, further integration into the Aragon client has been removed from the 2019 scope.”
    • reason: “We have an initial implementation of the global emergency failsafe, but we don’t have design nor frontend bandwidth to integrate it within the Aragon client during Q4 2019.”
  • withdrawn - Logically separate aragonPM’s implementation from aragonOS. Rather than being a core part of aragonOS aragonPM is a use case that is built on top of the framework.

• reason: “Aragon Black will take on this initiative.”

Any comment about this update? Anyone is welcome to join the discussion

–> More on our thinking about Flock roadmap updates and their approval here

3 Likes