A digital control room for Aragon juries

The Aragon Court Dashboard is a digital interface that allows jurors to participate in the adjudication process, resolve organizational disputes and claim rewards for their services.

Disclaimer :eyes:

With this post we aim to share early work in progress, with the community and other flock teams, to get their first impressions and thoughts on the direction we are taking for the Aragon Court design before it reaches its final, polished state.

All feedback is really welcomed! Just keep in mind that a lot of things are incomplete and subject to change in the following weeks as we continue iterating and refining our initial ideas and assumptions.

A bit of context

Two weeks ago, we kicked off the first phase of the Network launch: what we internally are calling the juries microsite and that will become available before the end of this year (more detailed info about the phases and dates can be found here: Aragon Network launch phases and target dates).

This site aims to provide to interested and potential Aragon jurors with all the information they need to know in order to buy and activate ANJ, so they can become eligible to be drafted once the complete court interface launches, early next year.

Thanks to an exemplary collaboration effort from the comms, research and product teams, we’ve made really great progress in a very short period of time and this site is already under development!

Specially, big kudos to @owisixseven , @delfipolito and @jack for their outstanding work!

Figma file

Aragon Court brand

This is just a tiny teeny peek at the court branding materials but if this wakes up your curiosity, a dedicated post on the creative process behind the Aragon Court brand design by Adri will land on the Aragon blog real soon! :orange_heart:

Figma file

The second phase

Phase two of the Network launch plan is the court dashboard, which we are currently outlining and, as we said, it’s in a very early stage. We’ve started by defining a proto user types and their jobs-to-be-done
(If interested, you can check the framework here!), a simple sitemap, initial screen flows (still very incomplete as most of them are still in paper and not digitized yet) and wireframes variations of the three key screens: the dashboard overview, the disputes list and the dispute detail page.

As the branding for the court was getting finalized, this week we started working on a second iteration of those key screens that incorporate all the initial feedback received by our colleagues and aim to explore a more operational dashboard using some of the brand assets.

This exercise gave us an initial sense of how the new palette might feel as a new skin for our loved aragonUI components and started a discussion on how this will work with the theming system.

First and second iteration designs can be found as pages in this Figma file

Problem we are aiming to solve

Over the next weeks, we would like to develop more content on how we framed and are currently approaching the incredible challenge of designing a digital decentralized jurisdiction, but for the sake of brevity and giving a “quick design update on where we are”, I will say that the main problem we are trying to tackle with the court is to provide a way to resolve human disputes that smart contracts won’t cover when operating your decentralized organization. Worth mentioning that for the initial implementation we will focus strictly on resolving disputes involving proposal agreements.

And I’ll also refer you to the thorough technical documentation created by @facuspagnuolo & @Bingen, where you can find, if interested in a more granular understanding, plenty of detailed information around the issues the Aragon court is aiming to solve.

Proposed solution :bar_chart:

We present an operational focused, at-a-glance preview of the most time-sensitive, crucial information for the active juror: overdue tasks, their current status, account balances and an easy way to navigate to various areas of the application that require their attention or further examination.

The secondary goal of this dashboard is to help juries and organizations’ members make the best sense of the historical data, analyze trends and drive decision making.

This platform should answer the following questions:

• How might we help jurors stay aware of critical, time-sensitive tasks from the arbitration process while earning rewards for their services?
  • How might we help Aragon organizations (proposers & challengers) feel protected and provide them with a way to resolve human disputes that smart contracts don’t cover?

What’s next?

We’d love to hear what you think! :thought_balloon:

We will continue to iterate and refine these designs as we gather more insights and feedback from our team, potential jurors, and the community, so please feel free to reach out if you’d be keen on participating on future discussion and testing sessions : )

We hope this was interesting for you, thanks from the Aragon One design team :blue_heart:

17 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: This is so impressive. You guys gave done an amazing job! Sign me up early testing

7 Likes

This is very interesting. Thank you so much for sharing :slight_smile:

How might we help jurors stay aware of critical, time-sensitive tasks from the arbitration process while earning rewards for their services?

Notifications. Lots of notifications.
Email, browser, mobile, everything and anything. The more the merrier. Would it be possible for Court notifications to plug into the Apiary activity feed so that when people review their DAO related things they also see juror notifications?

How might we help Aragon organizations (proposers & challengers) feel protected and provide them with a way to resolve human disputes that smart contracts don’t cover?

Clear and replicated precedents.

• If the Court rules one way on Sunday and another way on Thursday, that’s not good. Clear and accountable outcomes will enable users to trust that the Court can and will enforce things in a certain way. (if you can make it easy for jurors and/or court representatives/lawyers to search through historical records that would help too)

A diverse, engaged, and educated set of jurors.

• I won’t want to use the court if I feel like jurors are biased (are there “people like me” acting as jurors?). I won’t want to use the court if jurors don’t show up (notifications, time zones, etc…). I won’t want to use the court if I feel like jurors aren’t going to understand my case (technical, linguistic, and other barriers).

Awesome UX.

• Even if I’m unsure about the Court, if it’s simple and easy to use I might give it a try. If it works, then hey, might keep using it.

Is it work today?

Hey @bikhinos, AFAIK the juror UI will be availaible from phase 2 - Aragon Court launch, at the beginning of next month.
Cheers!