Non-Profit Localized DAO's - The Mechanics Needed to Sustain Community Engagement

Amazing initiative! I am researching impact economy inside of the Global Impact Hub community that is represented by a network of co-working hubs all over the world, so basically we are working in the same field) I am looking for an economic system that would allow to connect such local communities into one global network with decentralized economy and governance
Regarding to 1 problem you described, I see the solution in form of co-working center or community hub that can regulate activities and represent DAO participants in a court as a legal entity.
Regarding to 2 problem, basically you are speaking about fiat gateway system, it’s still a vulnerable part of the DAO’s mechanisms, but if you consider this project https://celo.org you will see that there are similar solutions tested in the field. I assume that in terms of co-working solution functionality of the gateway can be represented by the co-working it-self - company has bank account with some liquidity and provides DAO with fiat-crypto exchange for a reasonable fee (buy tokens=buy membership, sell tokens = service payment, incentive = tax+fee). This eliminated risk of the entity to run away with money because entity has just its own liquidity.
I am just making an assumptions, because I’m in data gathering stage now and can’t give reliable information at the moment.

2 Likes