Funding proposal: Swarm Hackathon Sponsorhip Madrid

Organized by Ethereum Madrid Meetup, the hackathon will take place in Madrid during the Swarm Orange Summit, at the end of May. Organized so far by Carlos Buendía (exConsensys), Adrián Calvo (Icofunding) and myself. It will bring together developers from different places to hack together applications on top of Ethereum.

The main idea is to buidl user-friendly dapps. Focus on Usability. We want devs to play with any type of code they want to deliver something tangible: https://www.ethereummadrid.com/hackathon-2019

Blockchain is not here to automate business processes. It is here to solve serious problems. We believe Aragon is a perfect fit for this hackathon. We want attendees to make them fully aware of the power of unstoppable dapps and decentralized governance.

So that it has the maximum impact, we offer:

• Custom ARAGON TRACK.
  • Initial talk to introduce Aragon’s API/SDK
  • Workshop during the hackathon show the API/SDK in depth
  • Custom video edited for YouTube.
  • Custom message in email to participants to promote your brand/hire talent.
  • Logo and company promoted in website and social networks of Ethereum Madrid, and all slides, information and meetups organized during the days.

We need two sponsor’s to fully cover all hackathon expenses. We would like to ask for 2k DAIs so that some percentage of the bounties can be covered, and we are actively looking to cover the rest and organization costs with the second one.

To make this request future-proof to the financing part, our ETH address is 0x9Eb7341ed4b787a55179C2188497508e395B60b8

Let’s hack our way into everyone’s life.

6 Likes

this is awsome Antonio!! Thanks for organizing it.

looking forward to participate in this Hackathon!! really hope the funding move forward.

It would be great if someone fom the Aragon Development community would assist and lead one of the workshops so people can learn to use the Aragon SDK.

Hi @tonytony, it does look good.

Is the other main sponsor finalised yet?
If not, who you thinking/already speaking with (what field/area)?

Hi @Julian!
We are actually running a ‘Tier1 approach’ going to native crypto sponsors such as Maker, POA, Gnosis, Status, etc, since we want it strong and as clean as possible from external interests. We have another ‘Tier2 approach’, that we don’t want to run into, a bit more… easy to get, let’s say.

Who will be speaking about Aragon and leading the workshop in this capacity?

There are some enthusiasts in our community that are involved in Aragon’s current status and state of the art, and they could do it, but of course it’d be awesome if someone from Aragaon can come to raise the standards.

hope that @ottodevs from the Autark team can make it since he’s in Madrid as well. I know that he and Carlos Buendía have collaborated in the past! I suppose it would depends on his availability. I’ve heard everyone is extra busy these days.

maybe @jorge himself would be in Madrid those days!?? :grimacing::grimacing:

Just updated: we are adding to our partnership list DAppNode. They will be providing support for devs using DAppNode’s infrastructure during the event. So cool!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think I will be in Madrid around those dates :slightly_frowning_face:

David from P2P Models team (who have built an Aragon Wiki app for DAOs) says he will definitely be able to make it:

https://aragon.chat/channel/dev?msg=QJqvCubF5TyCwLxp7

3 Likes

I would love to do this, but a problem is I have plans for these dates already. I am trying to determine if I could update my plans and change dates, but initially I won’t be in Madrid those days. Anyway you have all my support guys!

I remember last year @sepu85 was in the winner team on the hackathon we organized with the Ethereum community, it was a really fun and interesting event.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Accepted! Thank you so much for your support, guys!
It’ll be awesome. Will forward details, pics and videos as soon as they start to materialize.

3 Likes

Great!
Please keep us updated with all the deets…

Hi all,

I’m Adrián, one of the organizers of the hackathon.
We are still looking for someone from Aragon to come to the hackathon to give a talk and workshop and give some support to the participants with the usage of the Aragon’s SDK.

3 Likes

Hi @AdrianClv! Is someone from the Aragon dev team required for this event to be successful or is this just a “nice to have”? This wasn’t specified in the OP’s proposal. Note that I pointed out David from P2P Models plans to attend, and they have experience building an Aragon app, you should get in touch with him!

https://aragon.chat/channel/dev?msg=QJqvCubF5TyCwLxp7

1 Like

Hi @light,
No, is not mandatory. The presence of someone from Aragon in the hackathon is a nice to have to get the most out of it for the Aragon community (more support/info for participants). But the hackathon and the Aragon track with the promotion for Aragon will run either way.

6 Likes

Sorry for the late reply @AdrianClv, @light, I wasn’t following this forum thread.

As I said in the chat, we at P2P Models are so excited about this hackathon, and we are planning to participate. Adrian contacted me yesterday and I also will be able to give the talk and the workshop.

This is going to be exciting!

4 Likes

@light BTW we thought about giving some swag to the hackathon participants. Other projects that are taking part in the hackathon seem to like the idea and will bring some stickers and stuff like that. If you want you can send some swag of Aragon to us and we will distribute it during the hackathon (It’s optional).

1 Like